Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] [Eden] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager (/showthread.php?tid=60643)

- zeltak - 2011-11-29

Hi

First of all thx for this awesome web interface..it made me return to using xbmc after a long hiatus since last time there where no good tools i could use on linux Smile

i have a question/request. i use xbmc as my main media database and want to start using it also to keep track of movies/TV shows i delete ( i will use the 'offline' media dummy nfo for that).

can i ask to add a tickbox for 'deletd' in the web interafce? is that possible or is that a limitaion in xbmc?

thx alot again , your work is greatly appriciated

Zeltak

- pedram - 2011-12-03

I'm trying to use this addon (v 1.9.4 Dharma 10.1) and I just get a "file not found" error when trying to view the main page. It asks me to log in, and then the error after that. The default web interface seems to work fine so I don't think it's my settings. I tried it in both Opera 11 and IE 9 and both didn't work (though IE didn't give the "file not found" error, it just behaved like the doesn't exist).

I tried installing it through the zip file provided in the original post, and also through the addons repository, and enabled it in the network settings like the instructions said, but both to no avail. I also tried changing the port from the default but that didn't help. I don't think it's a matter of the browser not finding the service, because I get a different (server not found) error in Opera if XBMC is not running.

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

- slash - 2011-12-03

zeltak Wrote:Hi

First of all thx for this awesome web interface..it made me return to using xbmc after a long hiatus since last time there where no good tools i could use on linux Smile

You're welcome, feedback is always apprrciated

zeltak Wrote:i have a question/request. i use xbmc as my main media database and want to start using it also to keep track of movies/TV shows i delete ( i will use the 'offline' media dummy nfo for that).

can i ask to add a tickbox for 'deletd' in the web interafce? is that possible or is that a limitaion in xbmc?

Zeltak

When you say deleted, are they deleted from your hard drive of from the database ?

if you delete them from the harddrive only: I could look into adding a validation to see if it is still on the HD

if you delete them from the HD only: you could try using the files section in XWMM.

let me know

slash

- slash - 2011-12-03

pedram Wrote:I'm trying to use this addon (v 1.9.4 Dharma 10.1) and I just get a "file not found" error when trying to view the main page. It asks me to log in, and then the error after that. The default web interface seems to work fine so I don't think it's my settings. I tried it in both Opera 11 and IE 9 and both didn't work (though IE didn't give the "file not found" error, it just behaved like the doesn't exist).

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Hi,
I assume you are using XBMC Dharma 10.1, try the following :
- change the default web interface to xwmm
- try using firefox

Let me know

/

Some news - slash - 2011-12-03

Hi all,

I've been away for some time now and my apologies but I was very busy with work.

I'm working on having XWMM compliant with addon new standard, this will help installing and updating.

It's almost done and you should see the new XWMM for pre-eden available in the xbmc addon repository pretty soon.

thanks for your patience

/

- slash - 2011-12-03

mad1993max Wrote:hi what am i doing wrong i installed it set it to default web interface and enabled conrtol ofer http and local programs have control over xbmc

now i go to my browser and tap in http://xbmcip:8080
now i got a login window did it and came to a black window where initialize XBMC.lib.... was written and that for ever didn`t change

Hi,

Could you tell us what version of XBMC and XWMM you are using.
Also check in your settings that you don't have a password set for the web interface.

let me know
/

- zeltak - 2011-12-03

slash Wrote:When you say deleted, are they deleted from your hard drive of from the database ?

if you delete them from the harddrive only: I could look into adding a validation to see if it is still on the HD

slash

Thx Slash for the quick response!

Im sorry i couldn’t understand the difference between delete from hard drive and delete from HD?

Basically what i mean is that im going to create 'dummy' nfo files for movies i permanently delete for good (from the physical Hard drive).
I like to keep track of these movies (so i dont re-download them after 5 years and get pissed on how much these movies suck after i rewatch them...Laugh..im at that age that you dont remember things after 5 years...Wink

...anyway back to the point, i would like an option to have some indication that these 'dummy' nfo files are not actual media files but just a reference for deleted files (such as a 'delete' field) so i can quickly filter them in/out using your amazing web interface

i hope i made some sense,

thx again for your amazing work

Zeltak

- pedram - 2011-12-04

slash Wrote:Hi,
I assume you are using XBMC Dharma 10.1, try the following :
- change the default web interface to xwmm
- try using firefox

Let me know

/

Yes, using Dharma 10.1. I had already set the default web interface to XWMM.
I downloaded the latest Firefox and tried that, and got the exact same error as Opera (login prompt, then "file not found").

How to use with Apple TV - Davidja - 2011-12-07

Hope this is not stupid a question. I have just installed the latest version of XWMM on my ATV2 running Junes stable version of XBMC.
I want to change the titles where the scraping has given the wrong details, i.e the wrong movie all together. I believe XWMM allows this and the results to be reflected directly in the ATV db. I have no idea of how to do this though. Can someone advise on nthe basic request. Also if I hit the files menu I get nothing.
Thanks for advice.

- slash - 2011-12-07

pedram Wrote:Yes, using Dharma 10.1. I had already set the default web interface to XWMM.
I downloaded the latest Firefox and tried that, and got the exact same error as Opera (login prompt, then "file not found").

Hi pdram,

I don't understand why it is asking you for user/pass. Make sure that the password is empty in network settings.

Do you have profiles enabled ?
could you post your xbmc.log (via pastebin) ?

- slash - 2011-12-07

zeltak Wrote:Thx Slash for the quick response!

Im sorry i couldn’t understand the difference between delete from hard drive and delete from HD?

...anyway back to the point, i would like an option to have some indication that these 'dummy' nfo files are not actual media files but just a reference for deleted files (such as a 'delete' field) so i can quickly filter them in/out using your amazing web interface

thx again for your amazing work

Zeltak

Hi,

If understand correctly, the movie reference is still in the XBMC database but the file itself has beem deleted from your Hard Drive ?

I could add an option for this (with a validation method) in the feature request list.

- mwkurt - 2011-12-07

Is it possible or could it be made possible to select more than one data base element (i.e. movie, tvshow) at a time to edit. Say if I wanted to add a genre to 10 tvshows at once. Is this possible to do?

Thanks,
Mark

- slash - 2011-12-07

mwkurt Wrote:Is it possible or could it be made possible to select more than one data base element (i.e. movie, tvshow) at a time to edit. Say if I wanted to add a genre to 10 tvshows at once. Is this possible to do?

Thanks,
Mark

Not in the current versions, but it is already in the feature requests
/

- pedram - 2011-12-08

slash Wrote:Hi pdram,

I don't understand why it is asking you for user/pass. Make sure that the password is empty in network settings.

Do you have profiles enabled ?
could you post your xbmc.log (via pastebin) ?

It asks me for a pass because I set one when I enabled the web interface. I tried clearing the pass and it didn't let me log in without one. I don't think I'm using profiles (didn't enable anything like that AFAIK).

The debug log is here. I see it saying in there that it can't load the local index.html file from the local XBMC addons folder, but I guess I'll let you figure out why Smile

- zeltak - 2011-12-08

slash Wrote:Hi,

If understand correctly, the movie reference is still in the XBMC database but the file itself has beem deleted from your Hard Drive ?

I could add an option for this (with a validation method) in the feature request list.

Thx, thats exactly what i want

can wait

best

Zeltak