Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod (/showthread.php?tid=61126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

- qualar - 2009-12-07

revned Wrote:At the moment the only files i have to edit are viewsvideo (for the fullscreen trailer) and dialogvideoinfo so that's not a big problem for me.

One thing i would like is if you could implement the fix given in this thread for a problem with XOT-UZG, a script which I use quite often:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58965&highlight=xot-uzg+rapier

One other question, where can I edit the font of the items in the home menu bar? I'm unable to find this?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately I do not have the hardware to be able to test this.

- revned - 2009-12-07

All you have to do is add the folowing line to defaults.xml:
Code:
<default type="label">
        <textcolor>DefaultColor</textcolor>
    </default>

- PolliSoft - 2009-12-07

Hi again,

after using this awsome skin for some time now, I have come across one feature that I think is lacking.
When I change the timing on the audio and/or subtitles for a specific video (under OSD-->Audio settings), it would be nice to know the absolute delay when moving the cursor. I think it is kind of hard to get it right without knowing the time difference.
Is this possible to add?
Thanks!

Would it be possible? - kayman40 - 2009-12-08

Would it be possible to add a skin setting to add apple movie trailers or weather to the main page on the main banner?

- qualar - 2009-12-08

PolliSoft Wrote:Hi again,

after using this awsome skin for some time now, I have come across one feature that I think is lacking.
When I change the timing on the audio and/or subtitles for a specific video (under OSD-->Audio settings), it would be nice to know the absolute delay when moving the cursor. I think it is kind of hard to get it right without knowing the time difference.
Is this possible to add?
Thanks!

I will look at this; however, it may be some time because I will be computerless I am waiting for my new iMac to be delivered.

- qualar - 2009-12-08

kayman40 Wrote:Would it be possible to add a skin setting to add apple movie trailers or weather to the main page on the main banner?

I am looking at modding the main banner to use text rather than images that way it will be easier to add new stuff.

- wannabegt4 - 2009-12-08

Maybe if we asked Scarfa for the source files we could keep the nice looking images and add new items with little effort. I don't think any amount of text effects will look as nice as what Scarfa has done.

- qualar - 2009-12-08

wannabegt4 Wrote:Maybe if we asked Scarfa for the source files we could keep the nice looking images and add new items with little effort. I don't think any amount of text effects will look as nice as what Scarfa has done.

If we get the correct font file and apply the correct diffuse settings we should be able to mimic the look almost exactly.

- xbs08 - 2009-12-08

wannabegt4 Wrote:Maybe if we asked Scarfa for the source files we could keep the nice looking images and add new items with little effort. I don't think any amount of text effects will look as nice as what Scarfa has done.

+1

- pre1014 - 2009-12-08

Somewhere in this forum someone made the weather images for rapier - but having it be text based like aeon/horizonz was would be better.

Request: I LOVE this skin and mod, but I don't use the music library. Is there any way to turn off all the "mods" for the music section by having the system check to see if the music lib is enabled? I got most of it out, but the border for the recently added music exists and the shut down dialog doesn't activate.

- xbs08 - 2009-12-08

Text based = Better, but not so fancy.

Just turn the lastest music off in skin settings.

The shutdown dialog doesnt activate? could explain better?

Portuguese main banner mod:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60856

Maybe we can try making it for other languages...

- qualar - 2009-12-08

pre1014 Wrote:Somewhere in this forum someone made the weather images for rapier - but having it be text based like aeon/horizonz was would be better.

Request: I LOVE this skin and mod, but I don't use the music library. Is there any way to turn off all the "mods" for the music section by having the system check to see if the music lib is enabled? I got most of it out, but the border for the recently added music exists and the shut down dialog doesn't activate.

recently added for music can already be disabled in skin settings.

- qualar - 2009-12-08

I am fairly confident that I could mimic the exact look of the current menu using text. Here is how I would do it, can 't do it yet I have no computer at home:

1. Create a text based wraplist with a suitable font in white. like so:

Music Videos Movies TV Shows etc

2. Create an image strip fading from white to grey (top to bottom), but also increase the darkness towards each end of the strip and overlay this over the text this will provide the gradient look and create the faded effect toward the edges.

3. Mirror the text and overlay with another strip to fade the text out.

This should look very close to the original but will have the benefit that it can be easily localized for other languages and can have extra entries easily added.

If someone understands the above they can have a go, I will probably be out of commission for a week or so.

BIG Thanks, Some Ideas and One Question - steph99 - 2009-12-08

Hi qualar,

First of all: a BIG THANK YOU for your grate work! I just love it! Smile

I changed 2 things in my own version, maybe worth a thought for you or someone else:
1. I use the 3d wrap view. Here I show one pic on the right which I changed into an automatic slideshow of all extrathumbs I have.
2. I added a scrollbar to the bottom. It's activated on down. Trailers are shown on second down. I have around 300 movies, so I really need a scrollbar....

My question:
Right now I try to make the movie info (the detail window with plot and cast etc.) into a popup that shows in front of your 3d wrap view when info is pressed. I already changed the current one into a "type dialog" but your view still vanishes from the background when the detail window appears. --> can you give me any hints where to look? Huh
Would be much appreciated.

Again: thanks for all your hard work!

Stephan

- qualar - 2009-12-08

steph99 Wrote:Hi qualar,

First of all: a BIG THANK YOU for your grate work! I just love it! Smile

I changed 2 things in my own version, maybe worth a thought for you or someone else:
1. I use the 3d wrap view. Here I show one pic on the right which I changed into an automatic slideshow of all extrathumbs I have.
2. I added a scrollbar to the bottom. It's activated on down. Trailers are shown on second down. I have around 300 movies, so I really need a scrollbar....

My question:
Right now I try to make the movie info (the detail window with plot and cast etc.) into a popup that shows in front of your 3d wrap view when info is pressed. I already changed the current one into a "type dialog" but your view still vanishes from the background when the detail window appears. --> can you give me any hints where to look? Huh
Would be much appreciated.

Again: thanks for all your hard work!

Stephan

So are you saying you want the 3dview to stay visible when you callup movie info?