Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Rapier Qualar Mod (/showthread.php?tid=61126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

- wannabegt4 - 2009-12-12

What view are you launching your movie from Wall,3D wraplist, etc.?

I play full DVD9s with 6ch AC3 audio all day and don't have any memory issues. Standard definition x264 with AC3 audio plays fine as well. All cache and services set at default as well.

Can you post a sample clip that we could try and recreate the issue with.

You might try a newer build of xbmc, yours is a little dated.

- ChalkTrauma - 2009-12-12

I'm launching from "Episode List"

I failed to mention in my post that I'm running it in 1080i because my TV is an old HD model that doesn't support 720p.

Am I pushing it with 1080i?

That very well could be the problem. Try it in 480p and see if it makes a difference... Surely your tv supports that. It won't look pretty but at least you'll know where the issue is.

- ChalkTrauma - 2009-12-12

Yep, that did it, running it in 480p works, it looks like I'm going to have to make some trade offs to get what I want.. Thanks for the help..

- Slipx - 2009-12-12

ChalkTrauma Wrote:Yep, that did it, running it in 480p works, it looks like I'm going to have to make some trade offs to get what I want.. Thanks for the help..

I've been running 720p for a while now and after upgrading to one of the later versions of the mod started getting errors with Mplayer. Some bug must of crept in. The work around is to use DVDplayer. I might need to roll back to an older release of the mod

Slipx Wrote:I've been running 720p for a while now and after upgrading to one of the later versions of the mod started getting errors with Mplayer. Some bug must of crept in. The work around is to use DVDplayer. I might need to roll back to an older release of the mod
Could be the uncompressed images that never got added to the texture.xpr. Please let us know what was the last version that worked without issue and the first to give errors.

mod of a mod of an awesome skin - branlr - 2009-12-13

Hi. Pretty new to the forums, so please forgive me if this post is misplaced in any way.

First of all, I absolutely love this mod of this skin.

The only thing that seems at all limited to me about xbmc as a whole is the lack of a functioning programs section.

It occurred to me that the Favourites menu was the only location in xbmc endowed with the awesome power of listing any content in XBMC, including direct links to programs from within launcher plugin. Because I never really use the favourites menu for its intended purpose, I decided to replace the onclick command of the programs button so that it would open the favourites window, thus giving me a nicely functioning homescreen location for ALL programs, within and outside of xbmc. I subsequently replaced the onclick command of the favourites button on the general submenu to give me access to the true programs folder so that I could still add plugins etc.

So, basically I switched the function of the two buttons to give the true programs list its place of prominence on the home screen.

For games, I will get some external launcher such as game ex and set it up through launcher and see how that goes.

This has given me exactly what I've always wanted, short of a true working programs section native to xbmc, and a separate native games section, which is not relevant here.

So my only questions are:

-When I select the "programs" button on the homescreen, having replaced the onclick command to open the favourites window, the graphic of the button changes to the "General button" beneath the Favourites window. No big deal, but I would like to fix this, and if anyone could point me in the direction to the location of the code that needs to be changed in the home.xml, I'd be grateful.

-Change the text "Favourties" in the "General" submenu to "Programs" to reflect its new function.

Secondarily,

-Does anyone know how to write a command for a button to open a program directly from launcher? If so, I might contemplate reworking the home menu a little bit more, so that I might be able to add my own "games" button which would launch the 3rd party game launcher.

Thanks in advance for any help!

- qualar - 2009-12-13

wannabegt4 Wrote:Could be the uncompressed images that never got added to the texture.xpr. Please let us know what was the last version that worked without issue and the first to give errors.

Yes there are some images that have not been incorporated into textures.xpr

- xbs08 - 2009-12-13

Could it be the quantity of views affecting free ram on the xbox?

display cdArt - jw76 - 2009-12-16

i really like the cd art concept that is displayed during song switching on the visualization displays.. As the music functionality is the most used component in my XBMC installs, i have a few questions regarding music display functionality..

- Is there a way to display this "cd art" for more than X seconds? Can the spinning CD and track info be displayed permanently, instead of just during song changes?

-Is there a way to display the cd art , and not one of the visualizations? It's been years since i have dropped acid, or ate some mescaline, the trippy visualizations are of little interest any more..

- Lastly what xml file controls this display? I would like to have a look at modifying this myself, if there is no interest by others..

thanks for the great mod!!

- qualar - 2009-12-16

jw76 Wrote:i really like the cd art concept that is displayed during song switching on the visualization displays.. As the music functionality is the most used component in my XBMC installs, i have a few questions regarding music display functionality..

- Is there a way to display this "cd art" for more than X seconds? Can the spinning CD and track info be displayed permanently, instead of just during song changes?

-Is there a way to display the cd art , and not one of the visualizations? It's been years since i have dropped acid, or ate some mescaline, the trippy visualizations are of little interest any more..

- Lastly what xml file controls this display? I would like to have a look at modifying this myself, if there is no interest by others..

thanks for the great mod!!

Yes to all of these. Unfortunately I am out of commission at the moment because my new computer is delayed. I am afraid you will just have to search for the code that controls the cdArt. Once I get my computer I will be able to help.

- bash1979 - 2009-12-17

First of all, great mod to a great skin.

One quick question: Is there any way to make the OSD appear when doing a small jump forward/backward when watching a video? I'm seeing the video skip forwards 30 seconds just fine, but I like having the OSD "time bar" at the bottom, to show how far I'm skipping in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Bash

- wannabegt4 - 2009-12-17

bash1979 Wrote:First of all, great mod to a great skin.

One quick question: Is there any way to make the OSD appear when doing a small jump forward/backward when watching a video? I'm seeing the video skip forwards 30 seconds just fine, but I like having the OSD "time bar" at the bottom, to show how far I'm skipping in.

Cheers!
Bash

+1

- michal - 2009-12-17

bash1979 Wrote:First of all, great mod to a great skin.

Cheers!
Bash

+2

I always instinctively press the menu button to bring up the time bar and then press a directional key but of course that just moves me around the menu of buttons. Every time I think DAMN.

The solution described above would be perfect Smile Maybe as a skin option.

memory usage followup - ChalkTrauma - 2009-12-20

Just wanted to follow up on my last post, in case anyone is in a similar situation. I'm running Rapier at 1080i because my old direct view 'HD Ready' TV only supports 480p or 1080i, and 480p looks pretty bad. When I get to an episode list with debug output on I only have between 8 and 10mb of memory left which is just short of the ~15mb needed to start mplayer. So it looks like I'm just hovering on the edge of the amount of eye candy I can have at 1080i with Rapier as it is and the Qualar Mod just nudges it over the edge.

So if anyone is having issues playing videos, just turn on debug output and watch to see how much if left when you try to watch a video. If it dips below 14-15mb you might try dialing back some features and see if you can balance it out.