Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- dpassent - 2009-11-22

that means that ffdshow filter loaded and asks you these questions. It's the same behaviour when you start ffdshow for the 1st time.

DP

- ashlar - 2009-11-22

tiben20 Wrote:Well actually this is a source filter problems.
Here the latest build http://www.easy-share.com/1908501573/XBMCSetup-Rev24844-dx.exe
Elupus as been really nice with me he did the svn update and fixed some stuff today. So now the player is going to be able to use the library for the network files you can map the your drive or wait until i fix this thing
It doesn't start, telling me it can't find dxva2.dll. Being under XP on this machine I'm almost certain I can't have dxva2.dll installed.

- ashlar - 2009-11-22

Hitcher Wrote:Again I ask, do I need to install anything else to get this working?

All I get is a blank screen but I did get this appear when trying an AVI file, so does this mean I need ffdshow?

Thanks.
It means ffdshow was configured so as to have priority over everything else. I don't know if this can be avoided if one has ffdshow set up that way (I honestly don't know).

Edit: in the ffdshow configuration, check the DirectShow Control panel.

- Hitcher - 2009-11-22

So I do have to install ffdshow?

- tiben20 - 2009-11-22

Hitcher Wrote:So I do have to install ffdshow?

no just check never show this message again select an answer and press ok. This question is asked every first time you use ffdshow but im not sure if its related with the direct where it is currently.

ashlar Wrote:It doesn't start, telling me it can't find dxva2.dll. Being under XP on this machine I'm almost certain I can't have dxva2.dll installed.
about dxva2.dll i will fix this thing its related with the work im actually doing with the evr. Xp machine wont need dxva2.dll even with the evr done.
I wont let the user select the renderer xp vmr9 win 7 and vista evr
Its going to save me some time answering why dxva dont work Tongue

xbs08 Wrote:Anyone having problems with mp4 with the lastest build?
I'm only getting audio.
ill take a look it might be the decoder from the mp4

- xbs08 - 2009-11-22

Hitcher, i think DSPlayer will not use DXVA under W7.

- Hitcher - 2009-11-22

tiben20 Wrote:no just check never show this message again select an answer and press ok. This question is asked every first time you use ffdshow but im not sure if its related with the direct where it is currently.
Well I guess this is my problem -

ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter

- MajorTom - 2009-11-22

xbs08 Wrote:Hitcher, i think DSPlayer will not use DXVA under W7.

No. Tiben20 just hasn't finished coding it yet. There is one implementation for XP i.e. vmr9 (which is already working) and another (evr) for Windows Vista/7. Give the man some time, he's doing a fantastic job!

- Hitcher - 2009-11-22

xbs08 Wrote:Hitcher, i think DSPlayer will not use DXVA under W7.
Ah, that's it then.

- hoborg - 2009-11-22

xbs08 Wrote:Anyone having problems with mp4 with the lastest build?
I'm only getting audio.

MPC MP4 splitter have problems with some MP4 files.

Such files only works with haali splitter.

Solution - use MKV merge to mux MP4 to MKV.

- xbs08 - 2009-11-22

I know tiben20's work is fantastic, i was just informing hitcher that dvxa currently only works under xp.

The previous build worked really well with mp4.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-23

Hitcher Wrote:Well I guess this is my problem -

ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter

oh thats really something else than ffdshow stuff i completly rewriten that part of the player ill need too see if i did some mistake

- Tainted - 2009-11-24

ok, I think I am missing something here?

I downloaded the following build - XBMCSetup-Rev24469-dx.exe

I've installed it and when I create the following advancedsettings.xml

Code:
- <advancedsettings>
- <video>
  <defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
  </video>
  </advancedsettings>

The movies wont load. I change the txt above to dvdplayer and it loads. I ran regsvr32 on all those files to register the .ax files and still nothing? Press enter on movie and it does nothing?

Am I doing something wrong?

- tiben20 - 2009-11-24

Tainted Wrote:ok, I think I am missing something here?

I downloaded the following build - XBMCSetup-Rev24469-dx.exe

I've installed it and when I create the following advancedsettings.xml

Code:
- <advancedsettings>
- <video>
  <defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
  </video>
  </advancedsettings>

The movies wont load. I change the txt above to dvdplayer and it loads. I ran regsvr32 on all those files to register the .ax files and still nothing? Press enter on movie and it does nothing?

Am I doing something wrong?
I bet your trying to play a file over smb. Register .ax IS NOT REQUIRED your just getting crap into your registry when your doing it

- Tainted - 2009-11-24

tiben20 Wrote:I bet your trying to play a file over smb. Register .ax IS NOT REQUIRED your just getting crap into your registry when your doing it

Nope, running off the local disk on the system.

Trying to get a Asrock ION 330 to work under windows vs Linux as my mate needs windows rather! :mad:

Is anything else that could be wrong? Was the xml file correct that I created?

Perhaps reimage drive and try only with xbmc installed and no codecs? like ffdhow or MPC registered? (was trying to go the media portal route so installed all that.)