Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- dtviewer - 2010-01-26

Happytobehere Wrote:Got stuck on the bottom of the last page so bump

I answered for you over on avsforum.

no sound - nadspink - 2010-01-26

installed ver. 27183 and lost sound. installed ffdshow and it didn't seem to help. not sure where to go from here, i'm no good with audio codecs. any help would be great. thanks

- Athanatos875 - 2010-01-26

>>X<<' Wrote:Are they HD .ts files ?

They are HD. 1080i with Dolby Digital 2.0 to be exact. Can dsplayer not play HD .ts files?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-26

mookan Wrote:Dunno if this has been reported in any way before but there seems to be a problem when setting which sound device you want to use. Want to use the digital output on a soundcard that is not set as default in Win7. With dsplayer it won't open the file (once it did open the file with black screen and sound player on default sound device).

My current settings work when using "Play with dvdplayer". And if I change the default sound device in Win7 dsplayer works as expected.

Debug log here: http://pastebin.com/m75f2fd05
CDSGraph::HandleGraphEvent EC_ERRORABORT
hum we will need to add some debug code tro handle the error your getting. It's the first time i see this error thats not good

- tiben20 - 2010-01-26

Athanatos875 Wrote:They are HD. 1080i with Dolby Digital 2.0 to be exact. Can dsplayer not play HD .ts files?
It should be able too there some stuff that need to be modified in the filters loading. We are using a mpeg decoder and im not sure if this filter can handle dxva

- oldpainless - 2010-01-27

mmmm....no joy Tiben?

K

- Athanatos875 - 2010-01-27

tiben20 Wrote:It should be able too there some stuff that need to be modified in the filters loading. We are using a mpeg decoder and im not sure if this filter can handle dxva

What needs to be modified? Is there an alternate mpeg decoder that can handle dxva?

- waschbaerbauch - 2010-01-27

chunk1982 Wrote:im using rev 27111 had no problems at all running on windows 7 ultimate
many thanks to all involved with this project!
just waiting on getting subtitles to work with dsplayer and this would be the icing on the cake for me

many thanks again

Same here, but what about 1920x1080 @24Hz? When enabling 'adjust frame rate' and playing a 24Hz movie the screen stays black, only sound is running here. Oo

- blinkseb - 2010-01-27

David602 Wrote:Quick question on this, does DSplayer always default to using the filters located in the dsplayer directory or will it use the filters if they are registered already (from a different directory)?

For instance, I already had MPC video codec, ffdshow audio and MPC's matroska splitter registered using regsvr32. Which one will take priority in DSPlayer?

Thanks

It really depends on the content of dsfilterconfig.xml. If the "path" tag is specified, it will override any filter registration and load the specified file. If there's no "path", dsplayer will look for registered filters with the corresponding "guid"

- sergiocos - 2010-01-27

blinkeb Wrote:If there's no "path", dsplayer will look for registered filters with the corresponding "guid"
that makes it simpler to configure, thanks for the tip. Any luck with ANY filter that can handle subtitles? I tried ffdshow and vsfilter, no joy... Early version worked with vsfilter and adding coreavc (cuda) to the mix makes everything perfect for me. I'm curious about any subtitle solution... (i know that dsplayer can't handle subs yet, but i'm thinking about filters added to .xml)

- Mallet21 - 2010-01-27

blinkeb Wrote:It really depends on the content of dsfilterconfig.xml. If the "path" tag is specified, it will override any filter registration and load the specified file. If there's no "path", dsplayer will look for registered filters with the corresponding "guid"

How would one go about setting up dsfilterconfig to use the Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder?

- blinkseb - 2010-01-27

Mallet21 Wrote:How would one go about setting up dsfilterconfig to use the Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder?

Add this to your dsfilterconfig inside the "filters" tag.

Code:
<filter name="microsoft_dtv" type="videodec">
<guid>{212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}</guid>
<osdname>Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder</osdname>
</filter>

Next, change the "videodec" attribute from the "rule" tag corresponding to the correct media type. (videodec="microsoft_dtv")

- Mallet21 - 2010-01-27

Awesome Seb....Thanks !!

- edwinmcdunlap - 2010-01-27

blinkeb Wrote:Add this to your dsfilterconfig inside the "filters" tag.

Code:
<filter name="microsoft_dtv" type="videodec">
<guid>{212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}</guid>
<osdname>Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder</osdname>
</filter>

Next, change the "videodec" attribute from the "rule" tag corresponding to the correct media type. (videodec="microsoft_dtv")

Would that allow me to play .wtv files from Windows 7 Media Center?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-27

oldpainless Wrote:mmmm....no joy Tiben?

K
currently updating the branch to the current trunk which as some improvements in the directx code. (This is what you currently having problem with) That might help to dont make your video crash