Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

Thank you tiben20 - lowflow - 2010-01-27

I just want to give a HUGE thanks to the work done by tiben20

respect

- David602 - 2010-01-27

tiben20 Wrote:It should be able too there some stuff that need to be modified in the filters loading. We are using a mpeg decoder and im not sure if this filter can handle dxva

Tiben, the Gabest MPC standalone Mpegsplitter is compatible with DXVA for .ts and .m2ts. I've used it successfully with the MPC video decoder on my main HTPC with 7MC and Mediabrowser launching MPC.

I'm hoping to use the MPC standalone filters (and splitters) and replicate the same performance with DSPlayer.

- tiben20 - 2010-01-27

David602 Wrote:Tiben, the Gabest MPC standalone Mpegsplitter is compatible with DXVA for .ts and .m2ts. I've used it successfully with the MPC video decoder on my main HTPC with 7MC and Mediabrowser launching MPC.

I'm hoping to use the MPC standalone filters (and splitters) and replicate the same performance with DSPlayer.
if you didnt notice take a look at the dsconfigfilter.xml im not using the mpcvideodec for .ts

- David602 - 2010-01-27

tiben20 Wrote:if you didnt notice take a look at the dsconfigfilter.xml im not using the mpcvideodec for .ts

That's exactly why I posted, perhaps that is why he is having trouble with only .TS files when others are playing smoothly. He could try changing his .ts filter to MpcVideoDec.ax.

Additionally, you said you weren't sure if the current codec supports DXVA when we know that MPC's codec does, so why not use the MPC codec as the default as well?

- oldpainless - 2010-01-27

tiben20 Wrote:currently updating the branch to the current trunk which as some improvements in the directx code. (This is what you currently having problem with) That might help to dont make your video crash

Ok....sounds good.

Cheers

K

- tiben20 - 2010-01-27

David602 Wrote:That's exactly why I posted, perhaps that is why he is having trouble with only .TS files when others are playing smoothly. He could try changing his .ts filter to MpcVideoDec.ax.

Additionally, you said you weren't sure if the current codec supports DXVA when we know that MPC's codec does, so why not use the MPC codec as the default as well?
Aight, ill switch this config by default when i come back from work in 9 hours

- mookan - 2010-01-27

tiben20 Wrote:CDSGraph::HandleGraphEvent EC_ERRORABORT
hum we will need to add some debug code tro handle the error your getting. It's the first time i see this error thats not good

Please let me know which build will have the debug code included and I will test it ASAP.

- Athanatos875 - 2010-01-27

tiben20 Wrote:Aight, ill switch this config by default when i come back from work in 9 hours

That sounds good to me! Once I get back from work I will try switching to MpcVideoDec.ax and see if that fixes my problem. Thanks David602 and Tiben20 for working on this.

- iblastoff - 2010-01-27

sorry i'm a little confused as to what this is...

is this essentially like using mpc-hd + coreavc except you don't have to buy coreavc in this instance?

is it still a fully external player? that is xbmc just launches dsplayer to play videos?

i ask because i use an iphone as my remote (hipporemote/xbmc remote apps etc) and i have a feeling my remote will stop working once dsplayer comes into action since its technically not xbmc controlling the video anymore.

does this build have its own website? its a little harrowing to have to go through a 154 page thread for info.

- >>X<< - 2010-01-27

iblastoff Wrote:sorry i'm a little confused as to what this is...

is this essentially like using mpc-hd + coreavc except you don't have to buy coreavc in this instance?

is it still a fully external player? that is xbmc just launches dsplayer to play videos?

i ask because i use an iphone as my remote (hipporemote/xbmc remote apps etc) and i have a feeling my remote will stop working once dsplayer comes into action since its technically not xbmc controlling the video anymore.

does this build have its own website? its a little harrowing to have to go through a 154 page thread for info.

Its integrated so looks the same as the standard xbmc but its using hardware decoding, by default it uses the video codec from MPC-HC for this its not an external player

- iblastoff - 2010-01-27

>>X<<' Wrote:Its integrated so looks the same as the standard xbmc but its using hardware decoding, by default it uses the video codec from MPC-HC for this its not an external player

thanks. this sounds perfect for my needs then. picking up an acer revo 3610 running win7 64bit tonight!

is there a 'stable' version of this build or is everyone generally using bleeding edge?

at this link:http://passion-xbmc.org/gros_fichiers/xbmcdsplayer/index.php

what does '+patch' signify? i'm assuming i should use the latest 27183 build though?

- Athanatos875 - 2010-01-27

So I had some free time during my lunch break at work. I tried to play .ts files using mpcvideodec.ax and manually installing the Gabest Mpeg Splitter and using that. It still does not work correctly. Audio works fine but there is still no video. Again, these files play just fine in MPC-HC (with DXVA) and in the default XBMC dvdplayer (obviously without DXVA). At this point, I am not sure what else to try. Tiben20, have you been able to play .ts files at all in dsplayer?

- saratoga - 2010-01-27

iblastoff Wrote:at this link:http://passion-xbmc.org/gros_fichiers/xbmcdsplayer/index.php

what does '+patch' signify? i'm assuming i should use the latest 27183 build though?

A patch is a change to the source code. If you read the post going with that link the patch itself is linked and theres some explanation.

Problem with DSPLayer - Happytobehere - 2010-01-27

ok, so if I've done something stupid or missed something stupid please just call me an idoit and point it out.

Here is the background. I have a Revo 1600. Have had problems with DSPlayer so I uninstalled XBMC including the profile, then:

1. Installed Rev27183-dx.

2. Created the two xml files below in C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

<playercorefactory>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="mpg|vob|mkv|avi|mp4|mov|mts|m2ts" player="DSPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

3. Started XBMC and added the source location for movies which is a mapped network drive. Set the content and let it load data for all the DVD's.

4. After content load was complete I brought up the Videos/Movies in FANART View.

Key Point: My movies are in multi-file.VOB format and single-file MPG format.

So here are the problems:

a. In FANART view if I just play a .VOB or MPG movie the DVDPlayer plays even though I have the XML above in place.

b. If I choose "Play Using..." and select DSPlayer on multi-file .VOB movie a small "pause" appears in the lower right corner but nothing plays.

c. If I chose "Play using..." and select DSPlayer on a single -file .MPG movie the DSPLayer works!!

Any suggestions or additional data I can provide? Need some help...

- gorgone - 2010-01-27

the dsplayer build runs very nice with the broadcom chip
it works without any error

LOG

no pain with the next comment
I think this is already known
-----
i got only 2 little bugs

-the cover flow view takes almost 100% cpu 2x2,2GH!!
-and If the video is running in the background it stutters back in the foreground, everything is normal

thanks to all devs

edit:
cant use
Code:
<filter name="broadcomvideodecoder" type="videodec">
      <guid>{2DE1D17E-46B1-42A8-9AEC-E20E80D9B1A9}</guid>
      <osdname>Broadcom VideoDecoder</osdname>
     </filter>
in dsfilter config