Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- dtviewer - 2010-01-27

Happytobehere Wrote:ok, so if I've done something stupid or missed something stupid please just call me an idoit and point it out.

Here is the background. I have a Revo 1600. Have had problems with DSPlayer so I uninstalled XBMC including the profile, then:

1. Installed Rev27183-dx.

2. Created the two xml files below in C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

<playercorefactory>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="mpg|vob|mkv|avi|mp4|mov|mts|m2ts" player="DSPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

3. Started XBMC and added the source location for movies which is a mapped network drive. Set the content and let it load data for all the DVD's.

4. After content load was complete I brought up the Videos/Movies in FANART View.

Key Point: My movies are in multi-file.VOB format and single-file MPG format.

So here are the problems:

a. In FANART view if I just play a .VOB or MPG movie the DVDPlayer plays even though I have the XML above in place.

b. If I choose "Play Using..." and select DSPlayer on multi-file .VOB movie a small "pause" appears in the lower right corner but nothing plays.

c. If I chose "Play using..." and select DSPlayer on a single -file .MPG movie the DSPLayer works!!

Any suggestions or additional data I can provide? Need some help...

First things first.
1. When srauly and I posted about the xml's we meant '1' or the other, not both.
Either xml depending on what you want. Delete one.

2. I dont know if dsplayer supports vobs. You'll have to experiment.

Try fixing the xml then report back.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-01-27

Happytobehere Wrote:ok, so if I've done something stupid or missed something stupid please just call me an idoit and point it out.

Here is the background. I have a Revo 1600. Have had problems with DSPlayer so I uninstalled XBMC including the profile, then:

1. Installed Rev27183-dx.

2. Created the two xml files below in C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

<playercorefactory>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="mpg|vob|mkv|avi|mp4|mov|mts|m2ts" player="DSPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

3. Started XBMC and added the source location for movies which is a mapped network drive. Set the content and let it load data for all the DVD's.

4. After content load was complete I brought up the Videos/Movies in FANART View.

Key Point: My movies are in multi-file.VOB format and single-file MPG format.

So here are the problems:

a. In FANART view if I just play a .VOB or MPG movie the DVDPlayer plays even though I have the XML above in place.

b. If I choose "Play Using..." and select DSPlayer on multi-file .VOB movie a small "pause" appears in the lower right corner but nothing plays.

c. If I chose "Play using..." and select DSPlayer on a single -file .MPG movie the DSPLayer works!!

Any suggestions or additional data I can provide? Need some help...

Why use DSPlayer for DVD's anyway even a revo 1600 should be able to play them without any problem ?

- Happytobehere - 2010-01-28

dtviewer Wrote:First things first.
1. When srauly and I posted about the xml's we meant '1' or the other, not both.
Either xml depending on what you want. Delete one.

2. I dont know if dsplayer supports vobs. You'll have to experiment.

Try fixing the xml then report back.

Thanks so much. Good point but results are not. Deleted advancedsettings and only left the playercorefactory. No change

One other piece of data, may have no bearing but wanted to state that the user name on this machine is XBMC. Hoping that isn't causing strange problem.

>>X<<' Wrote:Why use DSPlayer for DVD's anyway even a revo 1600 should be able to play them without any problem ?
So the interesting thing is until I began to look into playing HD I didn't even know there was another player to pick. I was on an older build (9.11 camelot from xbmc.org download page) and dvdplayer was looking good and smooth. Then I did the upgrade (to 26998 and then 27183 and dvdplayer became "unsmooth". Not major but noticable. When I ran DSPlayer it was smooth. Conseqently the desire.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-01-28

Happytobehere Wrote:One other piece of data, may have no bearing but wanted to state that the user name on this machine is XBMC. Hoping that isn't causing strange problem.

I setup a machine with the same user name and its not a problem

Happytobehere Wrote:So the interesting thing is until I began to look into playing HD I didn't even know there was another player to pick. I was on an older build (9.11 camelot from xbmc.org download page) and dvdplayer was looking good and smooth. Then I did the upgrade (to 26998 and then 27183 and dvdplayer became "unsmooth". Not major but noticable. When I ran DSPlayer it was smooth. Conseqently the desire.

ok

- tobias - 2010-01-28

This may be a stupid question that has been asked a hundred times, still I am a bit lost here. So here goes:

I have tried installing this version of XBMC (tried both XBMCSetup-Rev27111-dx+patch and XBMCSetup-Rev27183-dx), and also tried installing and running in portable mode with -p flag set. The install goes just fine, but after I start up the application, nothing really happens. There is a process (XBMC.exe *32) running in my task manager, but that's it.

Is this supposed to run on Windows 7 x64?

My setup, roughly, looks like this:

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO (onboard ATI 4200 HD)
4 GB RAM (G.Skill)
AMD Athlon 605e quad
Windows 7 x64 Professional

Plain XBMC runs just fine, only doesn't handle 1080p MKVs well.

I don't think I even get to the point where XBMC would start writing logs, so I can't really post any useful information.

Can anybody give me a pointer as to what might be wrong? Admittedly I haven't read all 155 pages of this thread, but I have tried searching and did not find any relevant results.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
toby

Happytobehere Wrote:Thanks so much. Good point but results are not. Deleted advancedsettings and only left the playercorefactory. No change

One other piece of data, may have no bearing but wanted to state that the user name on this machine is XBMC. Hoping that isn't causing strange problem.
So with some input from person on AVS I figured out part of my problem. Thought I looked at this carefully on first page. will have to look again. Turns out you put one of the two xml's (advancedsettings or playercorefactory) in C:\documents and settings\"user name of account"\application data\xbmc\userdata (remembering you need to unhide to see application data folder.

So good news is with that in place DSPlayer plays the .MPGs. still won't play the .VOB's.

Other probem. DVDPlayer seems to be broken. It plays the .VOB's but is jerky and rewind just does a fast forward and it has blown up a few times on me with xbmc having a runtime error.

Not sure where I'm going next with this. Need to go see a girls basketball game. Still looking for other insigt.

Hap.

- cbstryker - 2010-01-28

Hi, so I still have my problem. I was, however, able to install the latest version and have the dual video problem to show up, then I installed the lastest+patch version and that fixed it. Except now video starts out at about 20 - 23fps and then dropping eventually to about 15fps all the while cpu usage hovers between 50 - 60%.

I can confirm the the MPCvideo codec is being used (by pressing "o" during playback), but for some reason it's not getting accelerated with the gpu.

Any ideas?

Also, how do I output a debugging log?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-28

look at the sticky thread at the top of window specific forum. You will see how to post a proble....

- chunk1982 - 2010-01-28

just installed rev27183 and i dont get any audio using dsplayer via hdmi when playing mp4 & x264 but do with dvdplayer
not sure if iv done the debug correct as this is my 1st one but here it is

http://pastebin.ca/1768928

- Balthazar2k4 - 2010-01-28

chunk1982 Wrote:just installed rev27183 and i dont get any audio using dsplayer via hdmi when playing mp4 & x264 but do with dvdplayer
not sure if iv done the debug correct as this is my 1st one but here it is

http://pastebin.ca/1768928

I have the same problem with 27183. AAC audio is not playing with DSPlayer with MP4 container, but does with the default DVDPlayer.

Edit: As a temporary fix, I changed the source to Haali for MP4 and that fixed the problem.

- Dam0 - 2010-01-28

http://pastebin.com/m5df29189

dsplayer wont play most x264 from XBMCSetup-Rev27183-dx.exe

hope this helps
Dam0

- tiben20 - 2010-01-28

Dam0 Wrote:http://pastebin.com/m5df29189

dsplayer wont play most x264 from XBMCSetup-Rev27183-dx.exe

hope this helps
Dam0
the file work if you extract the file? I see your using the rar protocol

- Therms - 2010-01-28

gorgone Wrote:the dsplayer build runs very nice with the broadcom chip
it works without any error

If you have the broadcom chip, why do you need dsplayer? The broadcom chip works without the dsplayer build if you use recent SVN main trunk builds....

- ashlar - 2010-01-28

Therms Wrote:If you have the broadcom chip, why do you need dsplayer? The broadcom chip works without the dsplayer build if you use recent SVN main trunk builds....
I'm not sure it works well, though. Not yet I think.