Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Dam0 - 2010-01-29

tiben20 Wrote:the file work if you extract the file? I see your using the rar protocol

indeed the file plays fine when extracted to *.mkv

is this an easy thing for you to fix mate? because for me, one of xbmc's main features is playback from rars.

also, i have brand new radeon 4650 and when i playback 1080p files, they show up as not using dxva, yet dxvachecker shows the resolution is compatable with my gfx card.

all of my x264 720p run sweet with dsplayer

regards,
Dam0

- David602 - 2010-01-29

joshdr Wrote:Just installed this and I'm having some issues. It runs x264 encoded files fine, but when I try to get it to play a regular .mkv ripped with makemkv all I get is sound, also wont run .iso's, but I was expecting that.

Give us some more information to go off of:

What OS
What video card
What sound card/audio chip
What kind of video/audio is inside your "regular .mkv" from Makemkv?

- David602 - 2010-01-29

Frederic Wrote:I have 2 machines:
- Desktop (nvidia 8600GT) XP SP3
- revo 3610 Win 7 x64

no issues with the Desktop.
no luck with the Revo:
I added the Advancedsettings.xml
I did not check the directx webinstall (I'm thinking I don't need to).

I forced the use of evr (if not then black screen)
I get a black screen when forcing the automated resolution change.
When I keep my resolution then I get the picture on 1/4 of the screen (top left) and the same picture on 1/4 of the screen (top right). I get about 10-12 images per second (h264).

The difference I see is that my desktop shows as video decoder:
MPC video decoder | H264 bitstream, no FGT
the revo only shows:
MPC video decoder

on the same movie.

I have MPC-HC on the revo and it works with DXVA with no issue.

please help Smile

I assume your using 32 bit MPC and 32bit FFDSHOW. People have had a lot of issues with 64bit filters in Win7. The x86 / 32bit versions have worked best in Win7 x64.

Remember, unless you've installed the filters standalone and registered them (with regsvr32 from an administrator command prompt), then MPC-HC is using its internal filters and DSPlayer is using the filters located in its directory.

I had a similar issue, one thing I had to do was download the latest standalone filters (mpegsplitter.ax, mpcvideodec.ax, matroskasplitter.ax) in this package here:

http://xvidvideo.ru/2009-10-22-10-49-14/cat_view/6-media-player-classic-homecinema/18----standalone-filters-mpc-hc/19-standalone-filters-mpc-hc-x86.html?orderby=dmdate_published

Grab the x86 package from that site.

You may be able to just overwrite the filters in the dsplayer directory but I just renamed them all .bak then registered the standalone filters by copying them to the windows\system32\ directory and opening a command prompt (right click and select Run as Administrator), then type "regsvr32 matroskasplitter.ax" and repeat that for each filter).

And of course, in the dsplayer directory, in your xml file (at the bottom), you need to make sure you are using Matroskasplitter.ax for your Splitter, MpcVideoDec.ax for your video, and ffdshow for your audio.

I also installed FFDSHOW seperately and configured the audio settings.

- Scott R - 2010-01-29

David, thanks for the added detail. But you've stated that you use FFDSHOW because it's more flexible, yet it can't decode Dolby TrueHD, while MPC-HC's internal audio filters can. If DSPlayer can (and normally does) make use of the MPC-HC audio filters, then why would MPC-HC standalone correctly decode a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack, while DSPlayer just pulls out the left/right tracks (in my experience) with a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack?

In any case...you're recommending to rip just the AC3 track when wanting to playback on a Revo, but I should think that the best option (for someone wanting to preserve lossless audio while still maintaining compatibility with both DSPlayer and MPC-HC) would be to convert the Dolby TrueHD (and DTS-HD) soundtrack to FLAC during the ripping process? I'm still very new to Blu-ray ripping, so I'm not certain which container or ripping tool(s) would be necessary/ideal for simplifying that process.

- fincheresque - 2010-01-29

Quote:In regards to your first question about a core AC3 track, any bluray disc that has a TrueHD track also has a core AC3 track with it.
With, but not within. TrueHD is not a Core+ format like DTS-MA. Blurays that only have a TrueHD track are mandated to have a lossy track in addition to the TrueHD that may, or may not, be selectable via the menus. In all other cases the player may downconvert it to a standard track (HD-DVD's did this I believe), or will automatically select the lossy EAC+ track if not able to play the TrueHD track.

With my Bluray rips, I've converted the lossless tracks to FLAC which works well for me, but isn't super portable since you can't very-well bitstream FLAC to a receiver without something being able to decode it first. Also there doesn't appear to be any documentation written (when last I checked) on how FLAC handles the 7th and 8th track on a 7.1 stream. The standard appears to only mandate track handling up to 5.1...it will play them fine, but it depends on the player how it maps the channels. That hasn't really been a deal-breaker for me yet. Once I get my ATi 5670 I might go back to keeping the TrueHD/DTS-MA untouched. Haven't decided yet.

This is all terribly off topic regardless. :-)

- azgul - 2010-01-29

How well does this run 1080p mkv files on an Asrock Ion 330 HT BD?

- paco - 2010-01-29

IMO this project is spiraling out of control. Tiben20 did an incredible job to implement HW acceleration in Windows yet people can't stop requesting added features. Can I have Master Audio? I wan't CoreAVC support? Tell me how to add FFDshow filters? Why no ISO support? I need subtitles!! Blah, blah, blah! XBMC itself doesn't support MasterAudio yet people expect this project to have it. DSPlayer is in the very early stages of development but people expect it to be 100% and ready for deployment. I just hope all this nagging doesn't frustrate tiben20 to the point of abandoning the project. I think DSPlayer is a brilliant idea with a lot of potential but users have to be patient and allow the program to grow.

- ashlar - 2010-01-29

Paco (my dad lives in Toronto btw), I sort of agree with you. On the other hand the out of control thing stems from multiple sources. For once, we currently have DSplayer, CrystalHD and the new VLC derived DXVA support that is probably going to be added by elupus (or at least I got it that way). That's three different approaches that are bound to confuse people.

Also, there's no escaping the fact that once you put DirectShow at the center of your development, it's inevitable that stuff will become more complex. DS it's powerful but complex, misconfiguration prone and not so intuitive in its approach.

tiben20 receives pretty much daily "thank you"s by users on this very thread. I doubt he's frustrated. People are excited simply because they love XBMC and with what he's doing the see the potential and simply can't wait to see it realized. It's a case where one needs strongly rose-tinted glasses to read through the comments here.

My two cents, nothing more. Smile

- tiben20 - 2010-01-29

paco Wrote:IMO this project is spiraling out of control. Tiben20 did an incredible job to implement HW acceleration in Windows yet people can't stop requesting added features. Can I have Master Audio? I wan't CoreAVC support? Tell me how to add FFDshow filters? Why no ISO support? I need subtitles!! Blah, blah, blah! XBMC itself doesn't support MasterAudio yet people expect this project to have it. DSPlayer is in the very early stages of development but people expect it to be 100% and ready for deployment. I just hope all this nagging doesn't frustrate tiben20 to the point of abandoning the project. I think DSPlayer is a brilliant idea with a lot of potential but users have to be patient and allow the program to grow.
Thanks for the support i knew when i started the project it would be a massive job to integrate directshow into xbmc. I dont really care about people asking more features if i can do them ill look into it. We are now at least 2 developers currently developing it. This is already much easier since blinkeb joined my side. I can take a small break finally Tongue.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-01-29

Thank you very much ! You're doing a great job..
could you tell me if a GPU assisted decoding will also help on flash videos (in xbmc) ?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-29

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Thank you very much ! You're doing a great job..
could you tell me if a GPU assisted decoding will also help on flash videos (in xbmc) ?
Nop.

- pipolas - 2010-01-29

pipolas Wrote:
Quote:Oops. I forgot I was running Win 7N, which didn't have Win media player. I installed the hotfix, and media player is now installed.

However, still having problems.

See pastebin here.

The big problem is pages upon pages (if I let it run) of this error:

Anyone seen this? Is this related to the sound output? The video?

I am streaming my videos from a network server...perhaps that's the issue?

-Ansy
Same error here.
Vista 32bits, ati radeon 4670.
I've got the latest build.

Where is the problem?

Thanks

Up..

- Therms - 2010-01-29

ashlar Wrote:I'm not sure it works well, though. Not yet I think.

It works perfectly on the dozens of files I've used it. Even if it didn't, I'm not sure of the purpose of using the DSPlayer branch with the broadcom chip is...

- blinkseb - 2010-01-29

---

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=496642&postcount=1598

---

- >>X<< - 2010-01-29

I think resume may be broken or it least for me it is, old resumes from a previous version work but remain even if I choose to start from the beginning then when I press stop on those ones it jumps to the old resume position and starts playing from there instead of stopping, no new resume positions are set