Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2009-11-24

Tainted Wrote:Nope, running off the local disk on the system.

Trying to get a Asrock ION 330 to work under windows vs Linux as my mate needs windows rather! :mad:

Is anything else that could be wrong? Was the xml file correct that I created?

Perhaps reimage drive and try only with xbmc installed and no codecs? like ffdhow or MPC registered? (was trying to go the media portal route so installed all that.)

Ok simply post the debug log ill see what i can do

- zyxel13 - 2009-11-24

Hello Tiben,

I am running rev24924 and have activated the dsplayer as my default player in the advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

but i see no difference, when i press the "o" button that shows video infos...

I am using windows XP and i would like to test some HD contents using the DirectX Hardware acceleration.

1) am i doing anything wrong ?
2) how can i see which player xbmc is using ?

Here The Log:
http://www.grsnet.net/xbmc/xbmc_def_player_prob1.log

Thankyou in advance,
Konstantin

- watzen - 2009-11-24

zyxel13 Wrote:Hello Tiben,

I am running rev24924 and have activated the dsplayer as my default player in the advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

but i see no difference, when i press the "o" button that shows video infos...

I am using windows XP and i would like to test some HD contents using the DirectX Hardware acceleration.

1) am i doing anything wrong ?
2) how can i see which player xbmc is using ?

Here The Log:
http://www.grsnet.net/xbmc/xbmc_def_player_prob1.log

Thankyou in advance,
Konstantin

I'm no expert, but it looks like you're using the DVDPlayer:
Code:
10:30:44 T:3000 M:2103246848  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: D:\Dreambox\Outpost - Zum Kaempfen geboren.ts

- zyxel13 - 2009-11-24

Hi Watzen,

yes i saw that too but donno why ....

10:30:07 T:3000 M:2123923456 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
10:30:07 T:3000 M:2123862016 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
10:30:07 T:3000 M:2123984896 NOTICE: Default DVD Player: dvdplayer
10:30:07 T:3000 M:2123984896 NOTICE: Default Video Player: dsplayer
10:30:07 T:3000 M:2123984896 NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer

so the settings are loaded, but when the player is needed this happens :

10:30:35 T:3000 M:2102906880 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: matched 0 rules with players
10:30:35 T:3000 M:2102878208 WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayerCore(videodefaultplayer): no such core: dsplayer

Do I need to change anything in the PlayerCoreFactory.xml too ?

Cheers,
Konstantin

- watzen - 2009-11-24

It could be that you're trying to play a .ts. file, there probably is no rule for ts-files in dsplayer.

- zyxel13 - 2009-11-24

its not only .ts files that dont work, all files (avi, mkv, etc) are not played with dsplayer.

The problem is here :
10:30:35 T:3000 M:2102906880 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: matched 0 rules with players
10:30:35 T:3000 M:2102878208 WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayerCore(videodefaultplay er): no such core: dsplayer

These are the rules:
<rule filetypes="avi" source="avisource" splitter="avisplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="ffdaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="flv" source="flvsource" splitter="flvsplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="ffdaudiodec"/>

<rule filetypes="mp4" source="mp4source" splitter="mp4splitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="mov" source="mp4source" splitter="mp4splitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="m4v" source="mp4source" splitter="mp4splitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="m2v" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="mpeg2videodec" audiodec="ffdaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="ts" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="mpeg2videodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="mpeg" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="mpg" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="m2ts" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>

<rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>

<rule filetypes="wmv" source="wmasfreader" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="wmaudiodecoder"/>

Cheers,
Konstantin

- ashlar - 2009-11-24

Doesn't that info need to be placed inside corefactory.xml now?

Edit: yeah, I checked. It's in playercorefactory.xml. Which you can place in your user folder. You find the original one under xbmc/system.

On the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_use_an_External_Player_for_media_playback.

Obviously, before DSplayer there wasn't a real reason to define playercorefactory.xml outside the external player usage. When DSplayer gets merged into standard SVN, I hope to remember to update stuff.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-24

dont know what your doing wrong

- zyxel13 - 2009-11-24

Hi Tiben,

1) do i have to change anything else except the addition of the DefPlayer in the advanced settings ?
Do I need to change the playercorefactory.xml as ashlar stated ?

<players>
<!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
The following aliases may also be used:
audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultdvdplayer
<player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
<player name="DVDPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer <---- here perhaps ?
<player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
-->
</players>

2) how to you get the info about the Default Player shown on y screenshot ?

Cheers,
Konstantin

- zyxel13 - 2009-11-24

Hi Tiben,

OK, seems the problem is that i used the main svn and not your modified build....
I just downloaded your lates build and now i it works to default the dsplayer...

That means, that even due the dsplayer is in the main package, to use it, i have to define it as a external play as ashlar sayed, right ?

Cheers,
Konstantin

- tiben20 - 2009-11-24

zyxel13 Wrote:Hi Tiben,

OK, seems the problem is that i used the main svn and not your modified build....
I just downloaded your lates build and now i it works to default the dsplayer...

That means, that even due the dsplayer is in the main package, to use it, i have to define it as a external play as ashlar sayed, right ?

Cheers,
Konstantin

nop every player (mplayer dvdplayer externalplayer) and this one dsplayer
as a specific string. What ashlar showed is only the way to configure the external player but for using as the default player only the advanced settings <defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer> work fine.
Quote:2) how to you get the info about the Default Player shown on y screenshot ?
right click can do it or the menu key on your keyboard i dont know how is it exactly called its the one beetween the ctrl and alt key on the right

- zyxel13 - 2009-11-24

@tiben
yes the defaulting of the dsplayer and the "Play with", works ok only with YOUR Builds....

With the svn Builds, defaulting the dsplayer doesnt work and the "Play with",
is grayed out......

I just tryed both, the log i send b4 was from the 24924 svn build NOT from your Build....

Now i installed YOUR Build 24844 i think and it works, at least i can use dsplayer now.....

Again, With the svn Builds, defaulting the dsplayer doesnt work and the "Play with", is grayed out......

Cheers,
Konstantin

- tiben20 - 2009-11-24

zyxel13 Wrote:@tiben
yes the defaulting of the dsplayer and the "Play with", works ok only with YOUR Builds....

With the svn Builds, defaulting the dsplayer doesnt work and the "Play with",
is grayed out......

I just tryed both, the log i send b4 was from the 24924 svn build NOT from your Build....

Now i installed YOUR Build 24844 i think and it works, at least i can use dsplayer now.....

Again, With the svn Builds, defaulting the dsplayer doesnt work and the "Play with", is grayed out......

Cheers,
Konstantin

But why are talking about svn builds the dsplayer is a branch i created this is still in developement before it get merge if its get merge one day

- zyxel13 - 2009-11-24

Hi Tiben,

yes sorry, i thought, because there is a dsplayer folder in the main svn, that it is already merged.

Cheers,
Konstantin

- tiben20 - 2009-11-24

zyxel13 Wrote:Hi Tiben,

yes sorry, i thought, because there is a dsplayer folder in the main svn, that it is already merged.

Cheers,
Konstantin

Might be a mistake there no dsplayer folder in the trunk