Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- jsnkid - 2010-01-31

It Worked! Except when stopping a movie i get a runtime error causing xbmc to crash... any way to fix this?

- blinkseb - 2010-01-31

jsnkid Wrote:It Worked! Except when stopping a movie i get a runtime error causing xbmc to crash... any way to fix this?

It's on my todo list. Please be a little patient Wink

- jsnkid - 2010-01-31

Didnt know you were working on it but.... now when simply starting a different hd 1080p mkv, i get a white or black screen with the runtime error... Also it happened when stopping the 1080p m2ts

- Livin - 2010-01-31

tried the latest build... did not play MKVs for me at all using DSplayer.

- Frederic - 2010-01-31

tiben20 Wrote:They dont have to be registered the default settings are loading the filters in the system dsplayer directory of xbmc. So if you download the x64 version of the standalone filters package and you extract this package in the dsplayer directory and overwrite every filters. This is the only thing you need to do. You can confirm if its working. But im pratically sure it is going to work perfectly

tried to use the x64 filters and it did not like it at all (had to restart the box)
so I used the latest version of the 32 bit filters (1577) no luck.
and then I check the debug log and it said something like if not default filter then dxva is not possible. I then unchecked the force evr on dsplayer menu.

It worked - 1080p with 20% cpu usage. (build27275)

then it went downhill.

I use the function to automatically change the resolution to match the picture and when I stopped the movie, xbmc stayed at 24p instead of reverting to the original 60p. When exiting xbmc I had to manually restore 60p in windows.

the next day I try to watch the end of the movie and I get the black screen again (did not look at the logs yet).

I'll try 27290 and see what happens.

- oldpainless - 2010-01-31

Seb,

Still getting ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove() and ERROR: CDsRenderer::CreateSurfaces Failed to create texture number 2 with the latest cut, and time goto function still not working. Let me know if you need another debug log

However, the above errors happen after starting 5-6 different movies - if that helps.

K

- ashlar - 2010-01-31

blinkeb Wrote:The mpcvideodec is really broken when not using dxva! Can you try using VMR9? If it still doesn't work, try ffdvideodec instead of mpcvideodec (look posts above for explanations)
Have you thought about implementing something similar to MPC-HC, where there's two codecs selection for DXVA material and non-DXVA material?

- blinkseb - 2010-01-31

I'm currently working on the exception bug. It would be great if you can post the line in hte log before the "exception in CApplication::FrameMove()" (or before the end of the log for a datal exception)

ashlar Wrote:Have you thought about implementing something similar to MPC-HC, where there's two codecs selection for DXVA material and non-DXVA material?

Well, the filter is broken, and I think it's not our fault. I'll try with a new build when others bugs have been corrected

seb

full log here http://pastebin.com/d206eafb0

K

UPDATE - does not seem to make any difference if I use haali or MKVsplitter, MPC or FDDshow or any combo.

- fluffylob - 2010-01-31

Hi all,

I've been using a December build for a while but I'm quite keen to get back upto date as my current version still has a couple of niggling issues.

Just tried 27290 and I'm getting no audio from any of my mp4 files - mkv seems fine. This is a bog standard mp4 file with 1 h264 video track and 1 aac audio track.

I've linked a debug log - anything I'm doing wrong?

http://pastebin.com/f42c8a01e

Cheers,
Chris

- tiben20 - 2010-01-31

Frederic Wrote:tried to use the x64 filters and it did not like it at all (had to restart the box)
so I used the latest version of the 32 bit filters (1577) no luck.
and then I check the debug log and it said something like if not default filter then dxva is not possible. I then unchecked the force evr on dsplayer menu.

It worked - 1080p with 20% cpu usage. (build27275)

then it went downhill.

I use the function to automatically change the resolution to match the picture and when I stopped the movie, xbmc stayed at 24p instead of reverting to the original 60p. When exiting xbmc I had to manually restore 60p in windows.

the next day I try to watch the end of the movie and I get the black screen again (did not look at the logs yet).

I'll try 27290 and see what happens.
Issue with the evr renderer. Im not the one who is going to fix this im a windows xp developer and i spend enough time on the vmr9. I dont feel like dealing with the evr renderer like i did with the vmr9. toggle fullscreen change monitor is making crash xbmc if the evr started just once.

Hi Guys,

Quick question - is there any evidence that different skins can impact dsplayer?

K

- pico - 2010-01-31

hi,
i am also using xbmc for windows for a while now,
and want to test tiben's dsplayer version.

is there anything to do after installing XBMCSetup-Rev27290-dx.exe from xbmc-passion? do i have to edit the advancedsettings or is it working out of the box after installing? this thread is very long, and most of the discussion is about failures of early versions...

maybe its time for a new thread Smile

thanks in advance

- Sylus - 2010-01-31

You just have to make the adjustments concerning advancedsettings, posted on the first page. That is all.

- pico - 2010-01-31

this is only a short reply to say that everything works fine...
thanks tiben & all other... Smile