Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Dalidah - 2010-02-01

toker Wrote:System Info: ASRock 330HT-BD
MS Windows 7 x86 Ultimate
xbmc (build 27307 - DSPlayer)

Drivers..
Nvida All in Driver Version: 15.51
Nvida Display Driver Version: 195.81
Nvida HDMI Driver Version: 1.00.00.59
CIR Version: 20091015

Format Tested...
1080p (m2ts, mp4, mkv, wmv) - OK: CPU average < 30%
720p (m2ts, mp4, mkv, wmv) - OK: CPU average < 30%
SD (avi, mp4) - OK

Did not test .mov, .flv or .rm files.

BBC iPlayer plugin - OK

Thanx for sharing the setup and the tests you made: I'll give it a try for sure! Did you install external codecs other than the ones included with the DSplayer installation?
Which audio output are you using HDMI/OPTICAL/ANALOG?
How did you setup the XBMC DSplayer audio output and the audio output in XBMC system settings?
Did you solce the skin issue you mentioned in an earlier post? I have no issues with skins (ATM I'm using Aeon Auriga with the DSPlayer latest build).

- blinkseb - 2010-02-01

Hi guys!

I'm very busy with school so I don't have much spare time to consacrate to dsplayer. I'll be back thursday morning, but I'll continue to read the forum!

Don't forget to attach a debug log with your bug report please !

Tiben should merge the current xbmc trunk to dsplayer soon, so it will correct a lot of bugs not directly connected to dsplayer !

Have a good day!

- tiben20 - 2010-02-01

blinkeb Wrote:Hi guys!

I'm very busy with school so I don't have much spare time to consacrate to dsplayer. I'll be back thursday morning, but I'll continue to read the forum!

Don't forget to attach a debug log with your bug report please !

Tiben should merge the current xbmc trunk to dsplayer soon, so it will correct a lot of bugs not directly connected to dsplayer !

Have a good day!
I Hope i can do it im having some problem due to the mass change they did in the trunk once again

- waschbaerbauch - 2010-02-02

ashlar Wrote:That's not a supported functionality? Is Reclock needed then?

I don't know if this is already supported with DSPlayer but i think so. On my machines - both with ION chipset - the screen stays black after switching to 24Hz, the only thing is - i can hear the sound in the background. By removing the function i get the correct video stream and audio - but unfortunately not at 24Hz (3:2 pulldown only). Maybe the error is the person in front of the screen Wink Any hint is welcome... Blush

- tiben20 - 2010-02-02

waschbaerbauch Wrote:I don't know if this is already supported with DSPlayer but i think so. On my machines - both with ION chipset - the screen stays black after switching to 24Hz, the only thing is - i can hear the sound in the background. By removing the function i get the correct video stream and audio - but unfortunately not at 24Hz (3:2 pulldown only). Maybe the error is the person in front of the screen Wink Any hint is welcome... Blush
no its not supported until someone who has the knowledge to code it help me to do it.

Good evening Tiben20. Thanks for your quick answer, i'm glad to know this is not my fault or i'm simply too stupid to configure it.
Again - you did a really amazing job here and i can only say 'Thanks!'

- tiben20 - 2010-02-02

waschbaerbauch Wrote:Good evening Tiben20. Thanks for your quick answer, i'm glad to know this is not my fault or i'm simply too stupid to configure it.
Again - you did a really amazing job here and i can only say 'Thanks!'
like ashlar said you can use reclock but reclock and dxva cant work together.

I think i will view with 3:2 pulldown until you or someone else who is able to implement 24Hz into your DSPlayer.
Without DXVA it won't work in total on the Zotac MAG or on the Zotac IONITX-D-E (CPU Intel Atom 330, Nvidia ION). Keep on coding!

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-02-02

Why not just switch your desktop refresh rate to 24Hz for the time being ?

Unless you have a lot of stuff that's not 23.976

Thanks for this easy solution!
Sometimes you can't see the forest while running through a bunch of trees Laugh

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-02-02

waschbaerbauch Wrote:Thanks for this easy solution!
Sometimes you can't see the forest while running through a bunch of trees Laugh

Big Grin

If you get sync problems I found "Video Clock (Drop/Dupe audio)" worked best for me at 24Hz

- toker - 2010-02-02

Dalidah Wrote:Thanx for sharing the setup and the tests you made: I'll give it a try for sure! Did you install external codecs other than the ones included with the DSplayer installation?
How did you setup the XBMC DSplayer audio output and the audio output in XBMC system settings?
Did you solce the skin issue you mentioned in an earlier post? I have no issues with skins (ATM I'm using Aeon Auriga with the DSPlayer latest build).

Did you install external codecs other than the ones included with the DSplayer installation?
No other codecs are installed, only fresh MS Windows 7 install and XBMC.

In 'Settings' - 'Video' - 'DSPlayer' - 'Audio Renderer': Select 'Direct Sound NVIDIA HDMI Out (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)'

In 'Settings' - 'Settings' - 'Video' - 'Audio Output': Select 'Direct Sound NVIDIA HDMI Out (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)'

Skin issue fixed, reinstalled 27307 build. I didn't do a clean install before, installed over the top of a previous build.

- toker - 2010-02-02

Frederic Wrote:I have a revo 3610 (same atom+ion) and am still having issues. I'm using 7 x64 (came with the box)

did you try the function "adjust display resfresh rate to match video' with success (when I do I either get a black screen or it works and then xbmc does not go back to 60p when I stop the video).

did you change the std xml files to switch filters?

what version is your nvidia driver?

and also did you try divx or non hd videos?

Thanks

did you try the function "adjust display resfresh rate to match video' with success (when I do I either get a black screen or it works and then xbmc does not go back to 60p when I stop the video).

No, this didnt work for me. Other threads states use Reclock (+ VB Scripts) to change refresh based on different content.
'http://reclock.free.fr/

- ashlar - 2010-02-02

tiben20 Wrote:like ashlar said you can use reclock but reclock and dxva cant work together.
On DSplayer, right? On MPC-HC they happily coexist if I'm not mistaken.

- tiben20 - 2010-02-02

ashlar Wrote:On DSplayer, right? On MPC-HC they happily coexist if I'm not mistaken.
Sorry for my mistake i only tryed reclock once to see what it is. And i fixed the crash related with reclock and multiple files in my player. I did knew it was supported.

Just uploaded XBMCSetup-Rev27340-dx.exe on the link on first page upgraded to rev 27000 from trunk i still have some to do but its starting to be late Tongue