Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Scott R - 2010-02-03

I tried the latest version and still have the following to report:
1) Minor issue: Connecting to a stereo TV via HDMI requires setting "Audio output" to "Analog" but this should probably be "Digital" since the "D" in HDMI stands for Digital and the built-in player works with this set either way. But with DSPlayer, setting it to "Digital" results in the video not playing, and/or things getting locked up.
2) A Dolby TrueHD soundtrack will not get properly downmixed to stereo (e.g., center channel audio is lost). The base player doesn't handle this either, but MPC-HC is capable of doing it (when manually mapping the extra audio channels to either "Front Left" or "Front Right").

- Kurzweil - 2010-02-03

Pretty sure the D for Definition or Density and not Digital. I think there's multiple formats that audio can be sent over HDMI depending on what's on the other side to decode it.

- Scott R - 2010-02-03

Indeed, you are correct that the "D" does not stand for "Digital" (apparently, it's High Definition Multimedia Interface). Nevertheless, HDMI is definitely a digital connection. I do not believe that there is any way of passing analog data across an HDMI cable.

- ashlar - 2010-02-03

Scott R Wrote:Indeed, you are correct that the "D" does not stand for "Digital" (apparently, it's High Definition Multimedia Interface). Nevertheless, HDMI is definitely a digital connection. I do not believe that there is any way of passing analog data across an HDMI cable.
There is not. When you select Analog, XBMC decodes everything to LPCM. When you select Digital, XBMC gives you the opportunity to bitstream some formats (ie. Dolby Digital or DTS).

Edit: to clarify. HDMI can only transmit digital information. What you determine with the Analog/Digital setting is where the decoding of the various digital formats happens. With Analog XBMC decodes everything to LPCM (which is still a digital format), with Digital XBMC gives you the opportunity to bitstream some formats untouched, having your receiver do the decoding.

- tiben20 - 2010-02-03

Scott R Wrote:I tried the latest version and still have the following to report:
1) Minor issue: Connecting to a stereo TV via HDMI requires setting "Audio output" to "Analog" but this should probably be "Digital" since the "D" in HDMI stands for Digital and the built-in player works with this set either way. But with DSPlayer, setting it to "Digital" results in the video not playing, and/or things getting locked up.
2) A Dolby TrueHD soundtrack will not get properly downmixed to stereo (e.g., center channel audio is lost). The base player doesn't handle this either, but MPC-HC is capable of doing it (when manually mapping the extra audio channels to either "Front Left" or "Front Right").
yeah sure mpc-hc could do it but my player is not even close from the mpc-hc code. There 4 class highly modified comming from mpc-hc everything left is written from scratch

- o_dog - 2010-02-03

is rar support broken in XBMCSetup-Rev27307-dx with dsplayer, for me it jsut stops at paused and does nothing, the video doesn't start up. If i extract it everything plays fine....

- tiben20 - 2010-02-03

o_dog Wrote:is rar support broken in XBMCSetup-Rev27307-dx with dsplayer, for me it jsut stops at paused and does nothing, the video doesn't start up. If i extract it everything plays fine....
I just verified and its currently working perfectly with the last one im not sure about the 27307 but nothing as been modified related with the source filter.

- >>X<< - 2010-02-03

Scott R Wrote:I tried the latest version and still have the following to report:

Does your TV support bitstreaming (passthrough) which is what you get when set to Digital I would be very surprised if it does as that would mean it has its own AC3 and DTS decoder, passthrough is completely untouched and cant be mixed down unlike when set to Analogue your TV works with analogue because it doesn't have to decode anything

- oldpainless - 2010-02-03

So guys.....whats next on the fix/coding agenda?

K

- blinkseb - 2010-02-04

oldpainless Wrote:So guys.....whats next on the fix/coding agenda?

K

Mostly bugs hunting! I've made some major cleanup in the code, and the overall stability should be better.

As soon as most of people bugs are corrected, maybe subtitles will be the next step. But I've absolutly no knowledge in, so I will be very hard and long.

A new build may be avalaible tomorrow or after tomorrow with some bugs correction and little improvements.

Stay tuned Wink

kind of strange, but - christoofar - 2010-02-04

I'm currently using build 27340. Everything is a OK, except for some reason milkdrop visuals is stuck on one preset. It used to do random & it was fun having it running when music is in Party Mode.Cool
I'm pretty sure tiben, blinkeb, et al's work has nothing to do with milkdrop. Has anyone had any issues with it in the last few builds? Is there a way to get random presets working?
Sorry for this semi -OT, but this is the only version of XBMC I run.Huh

- framesetter99 - 2010-02-04

I'm using build 27340, video works fine, but sound output via hdmi goes wrong.
Ac3 or DTS tracks play just fine, but if I want to play an avi file with 2-channel sound, the sound comes out of the internal laptop speakers.
Switching audio codecs or audio renderers doesn't help. Sound output is set to digital, analog won't work either. I'm using Win7.

Anyone a clue?

- tiben20 - 2010-02-04

new option coming up for setting a filter from the gui

- christoofar - 2010-02-04

tiben20 Wrote:new option coming up for setting a filter from the gui

muy excellente!

- tiben20 - 2010-02-04

uploading right now the last change for changing a filter options directly in the xbmc gui.
its rev27420 on the link sponsorised by xbmc-passion