Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- marc.aronson - 2010-02-04

marc.aronson Wrote:I've installed the latest build (XBMCSetup-Rev27340-dx.exe) on my Acer Revo R1600 (Single core ATOM, ION LE, windows XP). I use mythtv to capture hidef recordings. I've set up two source in XBMC:

1. One is pointing to a mapped network drive on the myth box that contains the recordings.

2. One is talking to the myth backend using the "myth://" notation.

When I play recordings from the first source using DSplayer the results are excellent. Smooth video and less then 20% CPU utilization. When I try to play through the second source using DSplayer the results are not so good. I see about 1 frame every 2-10 seconds and the bottom half of most frames is compromised of video noise.

In another round of tests I was able to verify that the standard player is able to play recordings from the "myth://" source, so it looks like the issue is DSplayer specific. ie, DSplayer does not work properly with a "myth://" source. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help track down the problem and thanks for the fantastic work done to create DSplayer and make it a part of XBMC.

Marc

- tiben20 - 2010-02-04

marc.aronson Wrote:In another round of tests I was able to verify that the standard player is able to play recordings from the "myth://" source, so it looks like the issue is DSplayer specific. ie, DSplayer does not work properly with a "myth://" source. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help track down the problem and thanks for the fantastic work done to create DSplayer and make it a part of XBMC.

Marc

totally not supported.

tiben20 Wrote:totally not supported.

Just to be sure I understand properly, you're saying that DSplayer will never support playback through a "myth://" source? If so, it is disappointing for me and I believe there are others that would really appreciate this working. Having said this, I also understand if its beyond the scope of what you intended to do with this project -- what you are doing here is incredibly valuable.

I'll do some more digging, but if anyone is familiar with a windows based player that takes advantage of the Nvidia ION GPU for mpeg2 playback and can be used as an external player for XBMC, I would appreciate the pointer. I was hoping to use MPC-HC, but I believe it only supports acceleration of mpeg4 streams...

Marc

- oldpainless - 2010-02-04

tiben20 Wrote:uploading right now the last change for changing a filter options directly in the xbmc gui.
its rev27420 on the link sponsorised by xbmc-passion

Awesome work guys!!!...downloading now....

K

UPDATE - Winxp, latest build. Options are there for the renders, but pressing mpc does nothing.....any ideas?

K

- ashlar - 2010-02-04

marc.aronson Wrote:I was hoping to use MPC-HC, but I believe it only supports acceleration of mpeg4 streams...
Check the latest builds of MPC-HC, I'm pretty sure MPEG2 DXVA has been recently added.

- blinkseb - 2010-02-04

marc.aronson Wrote:In another round of tests I was able to verify that the standard player is able to play recordings from the "myth://" source, so it looks like the issue is DSplayer specific. ie, DSplayer does not work properly with a "myth://" source. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help track down the problem and thanks for the fantastic work done to create DSplayer and make it a part of XBMC.

Marc

At this time, this feature is not in dsplayer. I add it to my todo list, but it's not a high priority.

Quote:UPDATE - Winxp, latest build. Options are there for the renders, but pressing mpc does nothing.....any ideas?

K

The way mpcvideodec and mpaaudiodec handle property pages is a bit different from the standard system. It will need more work to have these worked, not really a high priority, but will be done!

- tiben20 - 2010-02-04

blinkeb Wrote:The way mpcvideodec and mpaaudiodec handle property pages is a bit different from the standard system. It will need more work to have these worked, not really a high priority, but will be done!
From a directshow point of view they are exactly the same thing when you call them from a graph

- oldpainless - 2010-02-04

tiben20 Wrote:From a directshow point of view they are exactly the same thing when you call them from a graph

In your pic it shows it calling fddshow....do I have to something to my configuation to be able to do this then?

Cheers

K

UPDATE: changed to fddshow the xml.....clicked on ffdshow render...hangs for a few seconds...then nothing happens....press esc...xbmc crashes.

blinkeb Wrote:At this time, this feature is not in dsplayer. I add it to my todo list, but it's not a high priority.

blinkeb, Thank you for adding support for "myth://" sources to your todo list. Please feel free to PM me if you need someone to help do some testing.

Marc

- Sylus - 2010-02-04

I have a few question concerning the development of dsplayer and I hope you can give us a few short answers.

Is the dsplayer integrated in the nightly builds already? I saw some tickets concerning the dsplayer in the trunk. So we have simply use the latest nightly build?

As we have dxva2 support right now via the dvdplayer, where do you see the advantages or disadvantages of both methods? Would you agree that the dsplayer is only interesting for winxp users and the dvdplayer with dxva2 is more promissing for win7 users? Also in terms of futute potential.

Hope you can give us a few insights and thanks for this very nice player.

- blinkseb - 2010-02-04

Hi guys!

New build : http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/XBMCSetup-Rev27448-dx.exe

Change log:
- Filters properties
- Video & audio properties shown when "i" is pressed

Patch here : http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7342

- blinkseb - 2010-02-04

Sylus Wrote:I have a few question concerning the development of dsplayer and I hope you can give us a few short answers.

Is the dsplayer integrated in the nightly builds already? I saw some tickets concerning the dsplayer in the trunk. So we have simply use the latest nightly build?

As we have dxva2 support right now via the dvdplayer, where do you see the advantages or disadvantages of both methods? Would you agree that the dsplayer is only interesting for winxp users and the dvdplayer with dxva2 is more promissing for win7 users? Also in terms of futute potential.

Hope you can give us a few insights and thanks for this very nice player.

DSPlayer isn't in the trunk yet. It's still experimental, even if lastest builds are very stable.

The main advantage over dvdplayer is that you can use every filters combinaison you want with dsplayer. You can decode audio with ffdshow and video with coreavc for example.
Moreover, lastest tiben comparaison between dsplayer and dvdplayer with dxva enabled showed a difference of 20 / 25% of cpu charge in favor to dsplayer.

- Tk0n - 2010-02-04

and lets not forget that us poor souls, who are still using xp, cant use dxva2

- Matix - 2010-02-04

I tried to install the newest rev but I can't open xbmc anymore with the following error message from event viewer:

Quote:Activation context generation failed for [INSTALL_DIR]. Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30729.1" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Does someone know how to fix it ?

I'm on Win2k8 R2 and had no problems till last build. I will try one build back..

Thanks in advance.

//edit

Ok, I tried Rev27340 & Rev27420 back but none worked. I've installed Rev27183 (cause this was the last I installed) and it's working for me, just want let you know this.

Thanks for your work and help !

- christoofar - 2010-02-04

Tk0n Wrote:and lets not forget that us poor souls, who are still using xp, cant use dxva2

word! Wink