Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- blinkseb - 2010-02-05

sonic00 Wrote:What do I have to do, when I want use the CoreAvc codec? Any code changing things, or is there an Option/Setting, where I can choose the codec?

Sorry for my terrible english Wink

Please search on the thread, that question has been answered a lot of times Wink

- tiben20 - 2010-02-05

>>X<<' Wrote:Guys I just wanted to say any time you put into even considering what I asked is really appreciated as is everything that's been done previously Smile

Being able to use certain filters is what I found so appealing about DSPlayer in the first place but also realize it brought other problems as directshow configuration always does
Yeah directshow can be a pain in the ass for the user and the coders. But like someone said in an earlier post this is worth it. Dxva2 from dvdplayer is using 10% more the core than the dsplayer from the test that i done. Its still a big gain in performance. With every question your answering since the start of the player im happy to spend some time to get your request done.

- sonic00 - 2010-02-05

blinkeb Wrote:Please search on the thread, that question has been answered a lot of times Wink
Ok, I used the Search and found this:

"dsfilterconfig.xml"

<filter name="coreavcdec" type="videodec">
<path>C:\Program Files\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax</path>
<guid>{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}</guid>
</filter>

Is that all, what I have to do? Change the Code like this (with my own CoreAVC Path!)?

- tiben20 - 2010-02-05

sonic00 Wrote:Ok, I used the Search and found this:

"dsfilterconfig.xml"

<filter name="coreavcdec" type="videodec">
<path>C:\Program Files\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax</path>
<guid>{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}</guid>
</filter>

Is that all, what I have to do? Change the Code like this (with my own CoreAVC Path!)?
Yeah it would work you only need to change the filter rules at the bottom of this file.

- chunk1982 - 2010-02-05

tiben20 Wrote:Yeah it would work you only need to change the filter rules at the bottom of this file.

can you give an example please because to be quite honest i still dont understand

many thanks latest build is looking good

- sonic00 - 2010-02-05

tiben20 Wrote:Yeah it would work you only need to change the filter rules at the bottom of this file.

Like this?

<rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="coreavcdecoder" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>

- o_dog - 2010-02-05

02:03:21 T:4236 M:2095906816 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter
02:03:21 T:4236 M:2095185920 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed when inserting filters
02:03:21 T:4236 M:2095185920 ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFile failed to start this file with dsplayer test-720p.mkv

anyone know what this mean? Can't get it to play the files in dsplayer.

this only applies to rar files it seems.

- tiben20 - 2010-02-05

sonic00 Wrote:Like this?

<rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="coreavcdecoder" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
exactly
Quote:02:03:21 T:4236 M:2095906816 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter
02:03:21 T:4236 M:2095185920 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed when inserting filters
02:03:21 T:4236 M:2095185920 ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFile failed to start this file with dsplayer test-720p.mkv

anyone know what this mean? Can't get it to play the files in dsplayer.

this only applies to rar files it seems.
Blinkeb sended me he patch to fix that problem i just need to commit and upload a build but right now im going to bed im working another 10 hours tomorrow

- oldpainless - 2010-02-05

Matix Wrote:I always keep the working builds on my hard disk Smile

I'll upload it on mediafire if you want. ETA 10 minutes

Here you go, Rev27183:
http://www.mediafire.com/?btmnmmycmot

Regards

Thanks man!

K

SideBySide Error - Matix - 2010-02-05

Hey Guys,

I've searched a little bit but could not really get rid of this error. Every time I open xbmc.exe (latest 3 revs) I get an application error and this is the log from the event viewer:

Quote:Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30729.1" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I know, it is not dsplayer related but perhaps someone could point me honestly in the right direction Smile I just don't like if something is not working as is should be and will try more investigations on this problem.

Do I need some important file for my win2k8 r2 OS or is this a source code related problem from the latest merged trunk ?

I really appreciate your work (big thanks to Tiben & Blinkeb), really a great development on dxva !

Thanks in advance !

- blinkseb - 2010-02-05

Matix Wrote:Hey Guys,

I've searched a little bit but could not really get rid of this error. Every time I open xbmc.exe (latest 3 revs) I get an application error and this is the log from the event viewer:

I know, it is not dsplayer related but perhaps someone could point me honestly in the right direction Smile I just don't like if something is not working as is should be and will try more investigations on this problem.

Do I need some important file for my win2k8 r2 OS or is this a source code related problem from the latest merged trunk ?

I really appreciate your work (big thanks to Tiben & Blinkeb), really a great development on dxva !

Thanks in advance !

That's something related to SideBySide configuration. Can you follow theses steps ? :

To see the Sxs tracing, we have to enable the trace first.

(Enable tracing requires admin privilege. You have to run sxstrace.exe in an elevated cmd.exe window.)

Now let’s run the test application, and stop the tracing.

The trace generated is a binary file. We have to translate it to human readable text.

And here is the output:

(from http://blogs.msdn.com/junfeng/archive/2006/04/14/576314.aspx)

Can you post the the log file generated by sxstrace ?

You can also try to reinstall the vc++ Redistributable 32 bits : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

- sergiocos - 2010-02-05

i'm using the latest build XBMCSetup-Rev27478-dx, everything works perfect using ffdshow as video decoder, mpcaudio dec and haali. But only on this build i can't press pause and resume (need to double tap the space key to resume), no matter the codec/splitter i use. I will provide log if needed, but seems like an xbmc error, rather than codec fault... anyone experience this as well?

- blinkseb - 2010-02-05

Hi guys! New build available! http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/XBMCSetup-Rev27478-dx.exe

Change log:
- Rar files should play well
- The playing doesn't pause anymore when showing a filter property page (thanks to tiben)

Have fun!

- Matix - 2010-02-05

Hey blinkeb,

Thank you for your answer. I did some more investigations and before installing the Rev27448 I removed everything related to vc redistributable package. Had some packages from 2005 and 2008. Before that I had run the sxs tracing to check its mechanics. After I installed the the above mentioned rev with vc 2008 redistributable package it worked like a charm and got no SideBySide error.

But I get now this error on the logitech setpoint application for the dinovo mini and can't do more tests because I did this all through rdp connection (I'm currently not at home).

I removed now everything from logitech and will try a clean new install of setpoint and uberOptions for my "remote control" for my xbmc user profile.

Thanks a lot for your reply !

- oldpainless - 2010-02-05

Matix Wrote:Hey blinkeb,

Thank you for your answer. I did some more investigations and before installing the Rev27448 I removed everything related to vc redistributable package. Had some packages from 2005 and 2008. Before that I had run the sxs tracing to check its mechanics. After I installed the the above mentioned rev with vc 2008 redistributable package it worked like a charm and got no SideBySide error.

But I get now this error on the logitech setpoint application for the dinovo mini and can't do more tests because I did this all through rdp connection (I'm currently not at home).

I removed now everything from logitech and will try a clean new install of setpoint and uberOptions for my "remote control" for my xbmc user profile.

Thanks a lot for your reply !

Seems as tho your problem was the same as mine....winxp, latest builds no go.....so, went to control panel, deleted all of the c++ dis packages....reinstalled...BINGO!!

Small bug with latest build seb...if you pause the movie, then press play....dsplayer goes upto 100% of cpu and the movie is still paused and you have to press ff for it to start playing again.

K