Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- blinkseb - 2010-02-08

trygain Wrote:I m currently using the latest build (XBMCSetup-Rev27497-dx) of xbmc, everything works great but I can’t get the subtitles working in mkv movies with integrated subtitles or with separate srt files Is the anything I need your help...

Once again, subtitles are still not supported!

I'll probably enable subtitle pin connection in order to render subtitles with ffdshow. But, in this case, you won't be able to use DXVA.

- oldpainless - 2010-02-08

Seb...

Sorting out my new revo...winxp fresh install..... install .net 3.5?

K

- blinkseb - 2010-02-08

oldpainless Wrote:Seb...

Sorting out my new revo...winxp fresh install..... install .net 3.5?

K

If you want to use DXVA, yes, you need the dotNET framework 3.5 Wink

- >>X<< - 2010-02-08

I tried VSFilter (DirectVobSub Auto loading Version) on Rev27478 the other day and had success with external subs obviously not using DXVA, but it should be ok with CoreAVC ?

Not tried the latest build as missed there was one Rolleyes

Cant try the latest as somehow I've picked a major virus so need to sort that first how that happened when my PC is locked down who knows :mad:

- blinkseb - 2010-02-08

>>X<<' Wrote:I tried VSFilter (DirectVobSub Auto loading Version) on Rev27478 the other day and had success with external subs obviously not using DXVA, but it should be ok with CoreAVC ?

Not tried the latest build as missed there was one Rolleyes

Cant try the latest as somehow I've picked a major virus so need to sort that first how that happened when my PC is locked down who knows :mad:

Yes, you can use any filter that render subtitles, it will work, but no with DXVA. So it'll work with CoreAVC. It currently not works with embed subtitles, but that's a matter of time.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-02-08

blinkeb Wrote:Yes, you can use any filter that render subtitles, it will work, but no with DXVA. So it'll work with CoreAVC. It currently not works with embed subtitles, but that's a matter of time.

ok

Yeah embedded subs had me scratching my head the other day lol as I new it worked for me on an old build reading your latest comments I understand why now Smile

- Tyler Durden - 2010-02-08

I ham having trouble setting DSPlayer as the default player. I have added the Advancedsettings.x file to my Userdata folder and added the following
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

But unless I right click the file and select "play using" it still plays with the default DVDPlayer.

- gorgone - 2010-02-08

Tyler Durden Wrote:I ham having trouble setting DSPlayer as the default player. I have added the Advancedsettings.x file to my Userdata folder and added the following

But unless I right click the file and select "play using" it still plays with the default DVDPlayer.

u must put this file in the user folder !!!!

not in the xbmc folder in programmes files

- Tyler Durden - 2010-02-08

Thanks for that.

I put it in C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

and it works perfectly now.

- marc99 - 2010-02-08

blinkeb Wrote:Once again, subtitles are still not supported!

I'll probably enable subtitle pin connection in order to render subtitles with ffdshow. But, in this case, you won't be able to use DXVA.

ffdshow support DXVA+subtitles

- tiben20 - 2010-02-08

marc99 Wrote:ffdshow support DXVA+subtitles
Yeap is right just tested with some code modification and config modification and here the proof

- oldpainless - 2010-02-08

Tiben/Seb

Could use your help guys.....No matter what I do, All MKV's I try to play I get a/v sync issues!....ahhhh!!!!...tried no other codecs installed, installed with other codecs, without .net 3.5, with .net 3.5......I have now run out of steam....and top it off, .ts files refuse to play...files also going out of sync via mpc-hc too......

Debug log here http://pastebin.com/m2d65f4e5

Im using a new Revo with a fresh install of winxp, updated dx and .net etc.

Any help before I go bald!

K

EDIT - think i solved it.

- ashlar - 2010-02-08

tiben20 Wrote:Yeap is right just tested with some code modification and config modification and here the proof
35% on a 720p animation? Are you sure it was using DXVA?

- trygain - 2010-02-08

tiben 20
Can you picture description?

- paco - 2010-02-08

ashlar Wrote:35% on a 720p animation? Are you sure it was using DXVA?

I agree. 35% is too high for 720p (unless he's using an Atom processor). I average 5-10% using 25915 DSPlayer. I desperately want to upgrade to the latest releases (I test them all the time) but the latest versions have a broken Milkdrop which for me is a no go.