Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2009-11-26

xbs08 Wrote:tiben20, cant play .mp4 anymore Sad sound plays but video doesn't, mkv's and mov's play just fine.

Didnt have the time yet to fix it but dont worry ill look into that as soon as i get some time in the mean time dvdplayer playing it fine

Scott R Wrote:1) Is the .exe in the original post all I need? Does this include XBMC or do I use my existing XBMC install? I'm running the "official" Camelot Beta 1 build right now. Is that the right starting point? Are there any other configuration settings?

In short, if there is anything else to do, can you update your original post to include those instructions?

2) What about DVD .ISO support? I'm seeing tearing with the built-in player, so I'm also using MPC-HC to play my DVD .ISO files (by first launching a .bat file which mounts them).[/QU
OTE]
The .exe is all you need Everything is built-in. I spend a lot of time to make it work out of the box without any configuration needed.
For the iso support this could be possible i know mpc-hc as a really good playback with iso but it wont be done soon. I had a lot to do much more important before that.

[quote=Avigrace]Is this an external player type solution or does it replace the built in codecs?

ie. do we get the xbmc OSD with this?

THis is not affecting dvdplayer at all you have the choice to use this player or the dvdplayer everytime you play a file.
And yeah the hardest thing in coding was to get the xbmc osd working perfecly with the dxva. And actually this is working greate after 4 month of development

- tiben20 - 2009-11-26

>>X<<' Wrote:How did I miss this thread ?

I'm using an external player on my second system but mainly as it lets me have more control over the audio side as passthrough on this system is ok but not great but when using analogue over optical and "DC-Graphic EQ" its a whole different story, to get that without launching external player is great

Its this filter if anyone wants it, best audio eq I've ever used Smile

http://www.dsp-worx.de/?n=6

Only problem for me is my media is on smb and it wouldn't play them, the other thing is the system I tested on doesn't support DXVA and what ever its falling back to its way to bright where in mpc hc its fine, if you look at the screen shot top one is this version bottom is xbmc as standard

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2553/screenshotfm.png

Would its be possible to use CoreAVC as the system I'm building is nvidia based so would probably be better ?

In any case its all a step forward so thanks for all the time you have spent on this so far look forward to future developments

Yeah it will be possible to use avc and its possible to use it with the current build but until im done with the evr renderer i wont take time too make instruction on how to make possible to use another video decoder in the project if you want to do it go ahead its possible Tongue

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-11-26

Ignore my question about CoreAVC just edited the xml and it worked straight away Smile

- zyxel13 - 2009-11-26

tiben20 Wrote:Might be a mistake there no dsplayer folder in the trunk

Yes Tiber, sorry it was my mistake, cause i 1st installed your build with dsplayer and then i installed a svn build wout deinstalling yours, the svn installer ofcourse didnt deleted the dsplayer folder so i thought it was already included,

sorry mate

Cheers,
Konstantin

- xbs08 - 2009-11-26

tiben20 Wrote:Didnt have the time yet to fix it but dont worry ill look into that as soon as i get some time in the mean time dvdplayer playing it fine

Thanks tiben20
Luckly they are the less cpu demanding Big Grin

- Dannydeman - 2009-11-26

Thanks for all your time you put in this project. I have a few questions though:

I notice that it's possible to use CoreAVC. For Windows 7 I can use this codec for now and enable CUDA, so I guess h264 will be HW accelerated then?

I read that subtitle support is still in development(thanks). What is the status of this? And if it already works atm, I guess it disables DXVA for now, but with CoreAVC/CUDA that is no problem?

Please correct me if I wrong. And see you are making some good EVR progress. Hope I can say goodbye to my external player very soon Smile

- benogil - 2009-11-26

X ,
Which xml file did you edit ?

Ben

- tiben20 - 2009-11-26

Dannydeman Wrote:Thanks for all your time you put in this project. I have a few questions though:

I notice that it's possible to use CoreAVC. For Windows 7 I can use this codec for now and enable CUDA, so I guess h264 will be HW accelerated then?

I read that subtitle support is still in development(thanks). What is the status of this? And if it already works atm, I guess it disables DXVA for now, but with CoreAVC/CUDA that is no problem?

Please correct me if I wrong. And see you are making some good EVR progress. Hope I can say goodbye to my external player very soon Smile

well actually i think right now i did spend over 30 hours to get it working its kinda complex i hope i get it working without buffer underun or stuff that make crash the player. Its easier with the vmr9 its only telling the application to render the stuff and you just render it. The evr have to use a buffer of surface they are created before being rendered so at least right now i know what is it exactly just need to get it working perfectly.
But take in consideration 5 days ago i wasnt planning to code it i dont even use vista or windows 7. But since the start i didnt got any help for renderers and i dont think ill get any very soon so i just started coding it if im lucky should be working this week end

- johoja - 2009-11-26

amducious Wrote:Noob question on its way Smile Do you have to have a certen video card for this to work like VDPAU on linux. I only have an old Nvidia 6100 in my bedroom XBMC and would love if this worked on it

You'll need a card that supports DXVA for whatever codec you want to accelerate...the Nvidia name for this is PureVideo :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo

From what I can tell the 6100 only supports MPEG2 HW Acceleration.

- natethomas - 2009-11-26

I swear Tiben, you are like some kind of magic coding person. Big props and all that.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-26

natethomas Wrote:I swear Tiben, you are like some kind of magic coding person. Big props and all that.

LOL you know what is funny about that. My job is actually Butcher. So far away from coding!

- Sneeka - 2009-11-26

noooooooooooo.. just found out the onboard GF7100 gpu on my mobo (Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H) doesn't have purevideo/dxva support Sad

Ah well. Anyone know of any cheap half-height fanless alternatives? Smile

- hoborg - 2009-11-26

Sneeka Wrote:noooooooooooo.. just found out the onboard GF7100 gpu on my mobo (Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H) doesn't have purevideo/dxva support Sad

Ah well. Anyone know of any cheap half-height fanless alternatives? Smile

My HTPC hardware tip:
*MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H - AMD 785G (ATI HD4200)
*CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240e

...and WinXP of course Smile

- mindweaver - 2009-11-26

I have the Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H and I love it. But as you said, when XBMC evolves the GPU doesn't keep up. So I mounted the NVIDIA 9500 GT HeatSink HDMI and it works great (it could be mounted as half height and cheap Smile

- Tainted - 2009-11-26

tiben20 Wrote:LOL you know what is funny about that. My job is actually Butcher. So far away from coding!

No way!!! You gotta be joking. I thought you were in the I.T. field.

I am and now you making me feel lazy!! LOL

Really intrigued in your progress here mate, before this had you had any exposure to C+ programming? I find the progress you have made incredible!!