Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- oldpainless - 2010-02-09

naty6458 Wrote:go to "start"->"ffdshow"->"DXVA Video decoder configuration"->hardware acceleration->put V on H264 & VC1->click ok. Big Grin

Perfect!

Tiben/Seb....seems to me to be the best build so far...even my sync issues at 24p are gone...well done!

Any thoughts on the ts file playback issue from my log? and any updated on the auto res switcher?

Cheers

K

UPDATED: TS issue fixed....

I changed this:

</rule>
<rule filetype="ts">
<source>mpegsource</source>
<splitter>mpegsplitter</splitter>
<video>mpeg2videodec</video>
<audio>ffdaudiodec</audio>
</rule>

To this :

</rule>
<rule filetype="ts">
<source>haali</source>
<splitter>haali</splitter>
<video>ffdvideodxvadec</video>
<audio>ffdaudiodec</audio>
</rule>

Working sweet as a nut with dxva.

mspeed Wrote:i finally got this working with dsplayer!

but for some reason HD audio mixed into 2 channel, not 5.1

See post #1961....like 2/3 posts above yours?

K

- seaweed - 2010-02-09

Abit off topic here perhaps, but can i use ffdshow in dsplayer (or dvdplayer for that matter) without dxva enabled?

Ive tried enabling ffdshow in dsfilterconfig.xml, but it didnt go very well, no picture, and 70% cpu usage Smile

- dtviewer - 2010-02-09

oldpainless Wrote:Perfect!

Tiben/Seb....seems to me to be the best build so far...even my sync issues at 24p are gone...well done!

Any thoughts on the ts file playback issue from my log? and any updated on the auto res switcher?

Cheers

K

---snipped---
Working sweet as a nut with dxva.

Agreed! This release is working great on my Revo with Win XP!

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-02-09

christoofar Wrote:Installed this build, and set ffdshow as above. plays fine, but have lost 5.1 audio. In ffdshow audio settings I set it as 5.1. Is that wrong, should it be 2.0?

mspeed Wrote:i finally got this working with dsplayer!

but for some reason HD audio mixed into 2 channel, not 5.1

Did you two miss ffdshow asking how many channels you have during the install ?

Just to clear things up if your not using passthrough you need ffdshow mixer enabled, for 5.1 you need the following set in ffdshow

3/0/2 -5 channels - LFE

As its analogue you also need windows set to 5.1 as well

Using passthrough you should leave windows set as 2ch that way anything that isn't 5.1 gets fed to your amp as 2ch and your amp can mix it to dolby II or similar

- christoofar - 2010-02-09

>>X<<' Wrote:Using passthrough you should leave windows set as 2ch that way anything that isn't 5.1 gets fed to your amp as 2ch and your amp can mix it to dolby II or similar
Which is exactly how I have it set.

- tiben20 - 2010-02-09

christoofar Wrote:Which is exactly how I have it set.
just go in your start menu and just work with your ffdshow settings there a lot of settings you can change from there

christoofar Wrote:Which is exactly how I have it set.

I already new that as you had two channel before you selected passthrough Wink

I just thought I'd make it clearer as its probably going to come up again

Edit : Forgot to say guys DSPlayer is looking really great now highly configurable Smile

Tiben,

Any thoughts on the auto sync option?

K

- tiben20 - 2010-02-09

>>X<<' Wrote:I already new that as you had two channel before you selected passthrough Wink

I just thought I'd make it clearer as its probably going to come up again
By the way the hold internal interface for setting up the audio decoder from the audio output config wont work anymore unless your using mpaaudiodec i can make a version for the ffdshow audio decoder but its not going to be done for a while have a lot to do with the overall integration of ffdshow with subtitles support.
and thanks for saying thanks there some stuff i dont like and im going to fix but the main interface is starting to look good

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben,

Any thoughts on the auto sync option?

K
nope im about to block that option to dont make the dsplayer crash. this is hard to fix

tiben20 Wrote:By the way the hold internal interface for setting up the audio decoder from the audio output config wont work anymore unless your using mpaaudiodec i can make a version for the ffdshow audio decoder but its not going to be done for a while have a lot to do with the overall integration of ffdshow with subtitles support.
and thanks for saying thanks there some stuff i dont like and im going to fix but the main interface is starting to look good

Yeah I had already tried xbmc's audio settings with mpaaudiodec to see if it was still the same Smile

As you can call filter properties from the OSD its not really a problem if poeple are aware of it and know how to configure ffdshow, its probably better that way as ffdshow has many audio configurations that poeple might want to use

tiben20 Wrote:nope im about to block that option to dont make the dsplayer crash. this is hard to fix

Ok....good idea for the mo...not really an issue for me as my LG plasma is a 600hz model. 23.98 into 50/60 hz....not great....into 600hz - no prblem.

Once again, great build!

K

- christoofar - 2010-02-09

>>X<<' Wrote:Yeah I had already tried xbmc's audio settings with mpaaudiodec to see if it was still the same Smile

As you can call filter properties from the OSD its not really a problem if poeple are aware of it and know how to configure ffdshow, its probably better that way as ffdshow has many audio configurations that poeple might want to use

Anyone know of any guides/link to configging ffdshow?
There is so many options in it, I have never known what the heck to set up on it besides the basics.
It is amazing to have 720P .mkvs running with only 2-3% CPU. THAT is big stuff!
Thanks to Tiben & Seb for your constant improvments!!

- SlaveUnit - 2010-02-09

"Ok....good idea for the mo...not really an issue for me as my LG plasma is a 600hz model. 23.98 into 50/60 hz....not great....into 600hz - no prblem."

600hz is your plasma's subfield freq. You cant really compare this to it's refreh rate (50/60hz).
The 600hz number is just marketing so people think their numbers are beating LCDs refresh rates.

"What? Your LCD only has 240hz?!?! Well my plasma has 600hz." But these are completely different things and really are not comparable.

SlaveUnit Wrote:"Ok....good idea for the mo...not really an issue for me as my LG plasma is a 600hz model. 23.98 into 50/60 hz....not great....into 600hz - no prblem."

600hz is your plasma's subfield freq. You cant really compare this to it's refreh rate (50/60hz).
The 600hz number is just marketing so people think their numbers are beating LCDs refresh rates.

"What? Your LCD only has 240hz?!?! Well my plasma has 600hz." But these are completely different things and really are not comparable.

No...not really...I do understand what you are saying...but it does help...however, native auto switching of course would be best.

K