Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- oldpainless - 2010-02-09

If anyone wants to use ffdvideodxvadec for dxva, AND use ffdshow for Post picture processing....I think the following should work as an example:

</rule>
<rule filetype="mkv">
<source>mkvsource</source>
<splitter>mkvsplitter</splitter>
<video>ffdvideodxvadec</video>
<audio>ffdaudiodec</audio>
<!--<extra>ffdvideodec</extra>-->
<!--<extra>dcgraphiceq</extra>-->
</rule>

and then in ffdshow (NOT in ffdshow dxva), disable the h.264/vc1 codec etc, and enable raw video, then apply your post processing requirements, eg deband etc?

- Lareinette - 2010-02-09

oldpainless Wrote:Ok....good idea for the mo...not really an issue for me as my LG plasma is a 600hz model. 23.98 into 50/60 hz....not great....into 600hz - no prblem.

Once again, great build!

K

For me, it's an essential feature! Whitout no fluidity and I keep mpc.
But indeed I understand the difficulty and I'll wait NodNod

- blinkseb - 2010-02-09

oldpainless Wrote:If anyone wants to use ffdvideodxvadec for dxva, AND use ffdshow for Post picture processing....I think the following should work as an example:

</rule>
<rule filetype="mkv">
<!--<extra>ffdvideodec</extra>-->
</rule>

and then in ffdshow (NOT in ffdshow dxva), disable the h.264/vc1 codec etc, and enable raw video, then apply your post processing requirements, eg deband etc?

It won't work, because you have comment the "extra" tag. In order to use ffdshow for post processing (ffdshow, not ffdshow dxva), you have to specify the "extra" tag :
Code:
<rule filetype="mkv">
        <extra>ffdvideodec</extra>
    </rule>

And you're right, you need to enable raw video Wink

But I'm pretty sure you'll lost dxva and use software decoding.

blinkeb Wrote:It won't work, because you have comment the "extra" tag. In order to use ffdshow for post processing (ffdshow, not ffdshow dxva), you have to specify the "extra" tag :
Code:
<rule filetype="mkv">
    </rule>

And you're right, you need to enable raw video Wink

But I'm pretty sure you'll lost dxva and use software decoding.

mmm....i'm sure your right seb, but shark found a way of doing it....pretty much the same method.

K

EDIT - I should have tried myself 1st before posting.....will try and report back. And thanks for the correct config.

coreavc + ffdshow for post processing - laluprasad - 2010-02-09

Can someone please guide or quick tutorial for using coreavc + ffdshow(for post processing) ?

will this work for coreavc + ffdshow post processing - laluprasad - 2010-02-09

<rule filetype="mkv">
<source>haali</source>
<splitter>haali</splitter>
<video>coreavcdec</video>
</rule>

laluprasad Wrote:Can someone please guide or quick tutorial for using coreavc + ffdshow(for post processing) ?

with the new build...you dont need coravc, this build has dxva built in....ffdshow for post processing is what we are now trying to figure out.

K

- bananaman - 2010-02-09

For those that use codec pack with ffdshow, is it needed to install it here.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-02-09

bananaman Wrote:For those that use codec pack with ffdshow, is it needed to install it here.

ffdshow now comes with these dsplayer builds.

- blinkseb - 2010-02-09

oldpainless Wrote:with the new build...you dont need coravc, this build has dxva built in....ffdshow for post processing is what we are now trying to figure out.

K

I think you misunderstood something. If you use ffdshox dxva, you CAN'T use ffdshow for postprocessing, it will break dxva and use software decoding ; you better use directly ffdshow.

If you want to use post processing with ffdshow dxva, you'll need to wait that the ffdshow team adds post processing support into the dxva decoder.

- bananaman - 2010-02-09

SlaveUnit Wrote:ffdshow now comes with these dsplayer builds.

Using shark 007 that has ffdshow_rev3255. Installed this build and it wanted to overwrite something in sharks codecs. Think i did something wrongs since there was no picture.

Went back to previous build and fletypes set to coreavc and location of ffdshow

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-02-09

bananaman Wrote:Using shark 007 that has ffdshow_rev3255. Installed this build and it wanted to overwrite something in sharks codecs. Think i did something wrongs since there was no picture.

DSPlayer installs ffdshow_rev3255 so you didn't really need to install it, did you enable dxva

- SlaveUnit - 2010-02-09

bananaman Wrote:Using shark 007 that has ffdshow_rev3255. Installed this build and it wanted to overwrite something in sharks codecs. Think i did something wrongs since there was no picture.

Try this?
Originally Posted by naty6458 View Post
go to "start"->"ffdshow"->"DXVA Video decoder configuration"->hardware acceleration->put V on H264 & VC1->click ok.

- bananaman - 2010-02-09

Ok, tried again.

Installed latest but cancelled ffdshow install.

dsfilterconfig looked like this:

<!-- ffdshow cant be used with a path unless you put the current path of your ffdshow.ax-->
<filter name="ffdvideodec" type="videodec">
<guid>{04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}</guid>
<osdname>ffdshow Video Decoder</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="ffdvideodxvadec" type="videodec">
<guid>{0B0EFF97-C750-462C-9488-B10E7D87F1A6}</guid>
<osdname>ffdshow Dxva Decoder</osdname>
</filter>

<!-- Audio decoders-->

<filter name="ffdaudiodec" type="audiodec">
<guid>{0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}</guid>
<osdname>ffdshow audio decoder</osdname>
</filter>

put in <path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Win7codecs\filters\ffdshow.ax</path>
before <guid>

Then opened shark 007 settings and changed to ffdshow DXVA, then the DXVA settings and checked vc1 also.

now it plays sound and video. CPU reports at 7-10%, With coreavc and ffdshow audio it was 18-24%. And with dvdplayer its 28-38% on same file.

- tiben20 - 2010-02-10

bananaman Wrote:put in <path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Win7codecs\filters\ffdshow.ax</path>
before <guid>

Then opened shark 007 settings and changed to ffdshow DXVA, then the DXVA settings and checked vc1 also.

now it plays sound and video. CPU reports at 7-10%, With coreavc and ffdshow audio it was 18-24%. And with dvdplayer its 28-38% on same file.
I added the choice to dont install ffdshow when you install xbmc and i did this to avoid the case that someone didnt have ffdshow you only need to have it installed you really dont need to put the path especially for ffdshow because your only able to use the ffdshow from your windows registry. So only with the guid everything is working fine.