Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- bananaman - 2010-02-10

It works without the path.

Must have forgotten to select ffdshow DXVA in Win7codecs.

only difference i see is blocky texture when skipping forward.

Only tested on mkv, not avi,m2ts orr audio files.

- tiben20 - 2010-02-10

bananaman Wrote:It works without the path.

Must have forgotten to select ffdshow DXVA in Win7codecs.

only difference i see is blocky texture when skipping forward.

Only tested on mkv, not avi,m2ts orr audio files.
yeah with ffdshow dxva in windows media player same thing on windows 7 its doing that for me too. We will have to wait too see if its getting fixed in ffdshow.

No video / no sound using current build - p.sc - 2010-02-10

Hi everybody,

I have updated my DSplayer / XBMC installation a few times recently. Somehow build XBMCSetup-Rev27307-dx seems to have been the last one to work. I tried XBMCSetup-Rev27448-dx and XBMCSetup-Rev27581-dx after that but don't get any video or audio output anymore. When I try to stop the playback, XBMC itself crashes. I can't remember having changed any configuration settings or similar...

Here is my debug log: http://pastebin.com/m240405c2

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance and for this great initiative!

Regards, Patrick

- p.sc - 2010-02-10

Hmm I just updated my possibly outdated codec pack (CCCP) to the newest Shark 007 codec pack. The above errors do not show up anymore, but I still don't get any video output: http://pastebin.com/d5ff56046
Something strange happens since the codec update: when I press the play button, it does not go into playback mode, but stays in the list view of the available films. Only pressing enter brings it into the playback mode. But then the screen is black...

Any ideas?

TIA, Patrick

- blinkseb - 2010-02-10

p.sc Wrote:Hmm I just updated my possibly outdated codec pack (CCCP) to the newest Shark 007 codec pack. The above errors do not show up anymore, but I still don't get any video output: http://pastebin.com/d5ff56046
Something strange happens since the codec update: when I press the play button, it does not go into playback mode, but stays in the list view of the available films. Only pressing enter brings it into the playback mode. But then the screen is black...

Any ideas?

TIA, Patrick

your ffdshow doesn't accept mp4 decoding. Enable it in the ffdshow config and it should work

- hey58 - 2010-02-10

Hi. I ran into some trouble getting this to work. I have an acer revo 1600 running XP Home SP3. I downloaded the DSPlayer installer package rev 27581 and installed with default settings. I then created the Advancedsettings.xml in userdata using DSPlayer as default player and moved the dsfilterconfig.xml to userdata (no changes). I go to play an mkv file (also tried avi) and it will not play (not even a black screen). When I play avi file with DVDPlayer it plays normally. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

- blinkseb - 2010-02-10

hey58 Wrote:Hi. I ran into some trouble getting this to work. I have an acer revo 1600 running XP Home SP3. I downloaded the DSPlayer installer package rev 27581 and installed with default settings. I then created the Advancedsettings.xml in userdata using DSPlayer as default player and moved the dsfilterconfig.xml to userdata (no changes). I go to play an mkv file (also tried avi) and it will not play (not even a black screen). When I play avi file with DVDPlayer it plays normally. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

There's no need to move the dsfilterconfig.xml. It must be into the system dir, not in userdata. That's why it fails !

No sound for ~20 secs - thegrinch - 2010-02-10

Hi, I've been fiddling around with the newest build (XBMCSetup-Rev27581-dx.exe). I still experience a strange audio problem. Whatever aoudio output I choose, there's no sound for like 22 secs. Then the audio is fine, in sync. Everything else seems fine so far, I'm using an NVidia 8800GT. Here's my log.

- robbaroon - 2010-02-10

I thought I'd drop by and give the lastest DSPlayer build a shot after dabbling a bit with XBMC Live. First, hats off to Tiben and Seb for an awesome job, you've come a long way in the past month. Love the FFDshow integration.
Now my problem, any reason why rev 27519 isn't seeing out to the internet? XBMC is showing IP address and the rest of the network settings although Internet just shows Busy.
I've checked all the obvious things like the firewall (disabled), reset the router, etc. Internet works fine in Firefox and IE.
Any ideas? Where are the network settings stored for XBMC?

- hey58 - 2010-02-10

blinkeb Wrote:There's no need to move the dsfilterconfig.xml. It must be into the system dir, not in userdata. That's why it fails !

Ok, I moved the file back. Everything works with avi files but with mkv, it doesn't. It shows how much time had elapsed in the file and the file name in the bottom right of screen and doesn't change views and I hear the sound. No picture though. Any ideas?

Also, on a side note, I use the iPhone app XBMC vmote to conctrol xbmc usually. Does this not work with DSPlayer? Thanks for the help!

- sumofatguy - 2010-02-10

Tiben, do you have any idea when this will be merged with the trunk 27376+?

Thanks for all the hard work, I really appreciate it.

- David602 - 2010-03-17

Wow - welcome back XBMC team. Haven't seen a site down that long in quite some time...

Tiben and Seb, I hope you enjoyed your break from us and got a chance to relax Smile

- alda - 2010-03-17

Hi, it's a quite long time when I was here. I checked posts, but it's 200 pages. I have PC with nvidia ION and winXP with corecodec ( cuda support ). Is DS player 100% working with this configuration ( also subtitles ) ?

Thank you for your answer.

Alda

- xbs08 - 2010-03-17

alda Wrote:Hi, it's a quite long time when I was here. I checked posts, but it's 200 pages. I have PC with nvidia ION and winXP with corecodec ( cuda support ). Is DS player 100% working with this configuration ( also subtitles ) ?

Thank you for your answer.

Alda

Why dont you just download, install and check it out?

:p

- blinkseb - 2010-03-17

Whaou, we lost almost 100 pages in the crash, hard!

So, a little summary of what's going on:
- Coming support for DVD reading (ISO still needs to be mounted)
- Filters are released correctly (no more icon left in the tray when exiting xbmc)
- Basic support for matching display refresh rate with video. Won't work if you are in true fullscreen, and maybe not with the VMR9 renderer!

A new build should be available soon!