Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- itssuresh - 2010-03-17

Evilsatan Wrote:I have a copy of therealjoeblow's fantastic guide saved down. I will PM him a link to it now so he can repost Smile Thanks for the guide in the first place mate, it worked a treat.

One question I do have is when setting the default player in advancedsettings.xml, what file do I link to for DSplayer? There is no EXEs in \system\players\DSplayer

Cheers

you dont need to link to any exe. In advanced settings just say defualt player is DSplayer and from xbmc settings enable dxva.

- Evilsatan - 2010-03-17

I have added this line to advancedsettings and will give it a try tonight. Cheers itssuresh

<video>
<defaultplayer>DSplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>

EDIT:
This didn't work, I see I should be working with the playercorefactory.xml instead but tat looks confusing and says reordering could break scripts. Is there an easy method to make DSplayer the default for all supported video?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-17

Nice job on the rehash of the guide guys. I think the last thing joe should be worried about is this forum right now. Takes a little impulse pressure off him to do this now that its already back up. tiben20, mind adding it back to the first post in the thread when you get a chance?

- tiben20 - 2010-03-17

Evilsatan Wrote:I have added this line to advancedsettings and will give it a try tonight. Cheers itssuresh

<video>
</video>

EDIT:
This didn't work, I see I should be working with the playercorefactory.xml instead but tat looks confusing and says reordering could break scripts. Is there an easy method to make DSplayer the default for all supported video?
If you correctly set your advancedsettings.xml in the good directory depending if your storing your userdata its going to work correctly.

- oldpainless - 2010-03-18

therealjoeblow Wrote:Likewise, no way going back to dvdplayer now, using ffdshow for both audio and video, with the resizing/upscaling/sharpening configuration that I described in my (now lost unfortunately) guide.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Hey, on a personal note....hope all gets fixed and sorted mate.

Now, dsplayer.....what you have outlined in your guide is perfect, for those that have dual/quad cpu's. Me, simple Ion config, and therefore no way that will work on a rig like that. now, I do understand a purists point of view, if you got the horse power - go for it,....but....dont dismis the ion platform...its getting very very popular for a home media centre rig. And, thats what I see as the dsplayer build main trump card - catering for the gpu and cpu generation. right?

Anyway....go spend some time with the wife mate - 1 life.

K

- David602 - 2010-03-18

Evilsatan Wrote:I have added this line to advancedsettings and will give it a try tonight. Cheers itssuresh

<video>
</video>

EDIT:

I never thought I'd say this but Thank You Satan (for the guide).

To set Dsplayer as the default, you have to create advancedsettings.xml (with the above code) in your c:\users\<name>\localapps\roaming\XBMC\userdata directory (this is from memory for Windows 7 so it may be slightly different). It won't work if you place it in the main c:\program files\xbmc\ directory.

- blinkseb - 2010-03-18

Quote:I have added this line to advancedsettings and will give it a try tonight. Cheers itssuresh

<video>
</video>

EDIT:

Everything is explained in the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer (a little bit broken because of recent crash, but still readable) !

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-18

David602 Wrote:I never thought I'd say this but Thank You Satan (for the guide).

To set Dsplayer as the default, you have to create advancedsettings.xml (with the above code) in your c:\users\<name>\localapps\roaming\XBMC\userdata directory (this is from memory for Windows 7 so it may be slightly different). It won't work if you place it in the main c:\program files\xbmc\ directory.

If he is running the program in portable (-p) then its gong to be in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-03-18

<video>
</video>

EDIT:

Is it case sensitive as you have DSplayer cant check myself right now but I've always used

Code:
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>

Assuming you have it in the right location ?

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-18

David602 - posted prior to the lightning strike about CPU usage when using WASAPI. I have noticed a marked difference in percentage terms when introducing reclock into the mix and was wondering whether your playback experience mirrored this:-

ATI HD4670
Phenom 9650 2.3 MHz
2 GB memory
Vista

I am achieving WASAPI exclusive flac playback, however as I said earlier I have noticed increased CPU usage - not scientific, but playback tends to fluctuate from 20% peaking at around 50%.

Are you witnessing similar results - just curious as removing reclock from the equation reduces CPU usage to around 5% to15%.

- Rustjive - 2010-03-18

Due to all the pages being lost, I can't be sure if this was mentioned in them, but blinks, did you ever get around to hooking up the subtitle pins for Haali?

- blinkseb - 2010-03-18

Rustjive Wrote:Due to all the pages being lost, I can't be sure if this was mentioned in them, but blinks, did you ever get around to hooking up the subtitle pins for Haali?

Haali works, what's your problem?

Failed to load into splitter - arkania - 2010-03-18

Guys, pulling my hair out on this, I cannot get Dsplayer to work at all.

I've tried with clean Win 7 installs (a few times), made sure ffdshow is setup properly according to the guide, etc, but still no go. Doesn't matter what type of file I try playing (mkv, avi, etc) they all fail.

Here's my log:

http://pastebin.com/EVcuDkR1

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great. I'd love to get this working.

- tiben20 - 2010-03-18

arkania Wrote:Guys, pulling my hair out on this, I cannot get Dsplayer to work at all.

I've tried with clean Win 7 installs (a few times), made sure ffdshow is setup properly according to the guide, etc, but still no go. Doesn't matter what type of file I try playing (mkv, avi, etc) they all fail.

Here's my log:

http://pastebin.com/EVcuDkR1

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great. I'd love to get this working.
Very easy look line 101 where you see error smb://....
Your using smb with an ip and password the only way i see you can fix this until i figure out how to fix it in the code.
Map the drive to your computer
1) Open Windows Explorer by double clicking on the Computer icon on the Desktop.
2) Click on Tools menu and select Map Network Driveā€¦
3) enter your smb path your using for you its \\192.168.1.250\hdmovies
and i dont remember the rest of the step im using windows xp
When you will have mapped the drive navigate into it. It should ask the password and then just change the source in xbmc.

- nadspink - 2010-03-18

after installing latest upload i'm getting gpu assistance with the dvd player. that or the cpu meter is way off. tried it on 2 different machines, one with ati and single core amd and one nvidia with dual core amd both showing way low cpu usage, below 10% on all my h264 movies. is this something new or just a fluke