Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-18

nadspink Wrote:after installing latest upload i'm getting gpu assistance with the dvd player. that or the cpu meter is way off. tried it on 2 different machines, one with ati and single core amd and one nvidia with dual core amd both showing way low cpu usage, below 10% on all my h264 movies. is this something new or just a fluke

Why would it be a fluke you are posting in a thread titled

[WINDOWS] DSPlayer GPU assisted video decodingHuh

- Evilsatan - 2010-03-18

Thanks for the replies to my question, I had read through the wiki pages thoroughly before I posted on here, that is why I tried the advancedsettings.xml in my userdata folder. But then it says on the later builds use the playercorefactory.xml located in the XBMC system folder. I will try following the lower case of dsplayer and see from there.

So even if I am using the newer build XBMC and I have a playercorefactory already in my XBMC folder I can ignore this and add the defaultplayer line to advancedsettings and it will still work?

Thanks again Cool

EDIT: DOH! I hadn't seen the reference to default player on the original post, not sure if that was added after I got my XBMC setup or if I was got so excited to have working HD video in windows that I missed it!!

Edit 2: Still having troubles with this. I have followed the wiki guide and the original post here. I am on windows 7, not in portable mode, when inside my Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata folder I have created an advancedsettings.xml and a playercorefactory.xml (one at a time).

Advanced settings looks like this:
Code:
<source lang="xml">

<advancedsettings>
<measurerefreshrate>true</measurerefreshrate>
</advancedsettings>

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

</source>

After the above failed to make dsplayer default I tried the bottom part of the wiki page with a Playercorefactory:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="dsplayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="dsplayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- jalesm - 2010-03-18

Evilsatan Wrote:Advanced settings looks like this:
Code:
<source lang="xml">

<advancedsettings>
</advancedsettings>

<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

</source>
It didn't work because it's improperly formatted, this is what you want to use:

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<video>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

- blinkseb - 2010-03-18

Evilsatan Wrote:After the above failed to make dsplayer default I tried the bottom part of the wiki page with a Playercorefactory:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="dsplayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="dsplayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

That one won't work either. DSPlayer isn't an external player. As jalesm pointed out, your syntax is wrong. The <source lang="xml">...</source> are invalid while then wiki hasn't been updated! Just ignore it

- arkania - 2010-03-18

tiben20 Wrote:Very easy look line 101 where you see error smb://....
Your using smb with an ip and password the only way i see you can fix this until i figure out how to fix it in the code.
Map the drive to your computer
1) Open Windows Explorer by double clicking on the Computer icon on the Desktop.
2) Click on Tools menu and select Map Network Drive…
3) enter your smb path your using for you its \\192.168.1.250\hdmovies
and i dont remember the rest of the step im using windows xp
When you will have mapped the drive navigate into it. It should ask the password and then just change the source in xbmc.

Duh! LOL, I'll give that a try and let you know. Thanks Tiben!

Edit: Yup that worked, never even thought to try that method as I'm used to using the other way. Anyways, that solution works for me, thanks for the great work and quick response! Smile

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-18

Quote:Originally Posted by nadspink
after installing latest upload i'm getting gpu assistance with the dvd player. that or the cpu meter is way off. tried it on 2 different machines, one with ati and single core amd and one nvidia with dual core amd both showing way low cpu usage, below 10% on all my h264 movies. is this something new or just a fluke

steelman1991 Wrote:Why would it be a fluke you are posting in a thread titled

[WINDOWS] DSPlayer GPU assisted video decodingHuh

Its a fluke because he said he is using the dvdplayer and not dsplayer. If you are getting really low cpu usage and are not using dsplayer then you must have DXVA set as your renderer within XBMC.

Still not a fluke - both players have dxva capability - confusing perhaps but no fluke Big Grin

- nadspink - 2010-03-18

i know it's not possible but my cpu% looks the same as it did when i had linux on this machine using vdpua. i'm getting lower cpu usage using dvdplayer than with dsplayer. this is a really old pc too, 754 amd with pci-xpress and an ati 4830. this is great. one flaw i found though, my 300 movie is getting the half green screen as described in the dxva built in support thread. any possiblity that when they repaired the servers somehow got these files mixed together. i know that's way off but it's all i can think of.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-18

No, the green half screens are common in XBMC's native DXVA. There is no fix for that yet. So essentially you arent using dsplayer at all it seems. You can confirm taht yo uare using teh native DXVA by looking at your renderer settings within XBMC's video settings. It will say Auto, standard or DXVA.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-18

steelman1991 Wrote:Still not a fluke - both players have dxva capability - confusing perhaps but no fluke Big Grin

The reason I say its a bit of an odd fluke is because XBMC will not choose DXVA for you in it's settings. You have to manually change the renderer yourself. So how it changed without him knowing is beyond me.

- nadspink - 2010-03-18

i set dxva in the settings. it's been like that for a while now but this is the first upload that is giving me gpu support in the dvdplayer. by the way what key press do i use for taking a screenshot. i tried to get a debug file but it's not crashing so no file or is there a way to get a debug without a crash.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-18

screenshot is maybe Shift+PrtScrn...cant remember really. You dont need a crash to create a debug log. Just turn on debugging from within XBMC and then you will have your debug log called xbmc.log. Do you have an actual issue here or just stating that for some reason DXVA works for you now?

I guess to answer your question...no there is no new feature that would add anything new to dvdplayer by using this build.

- nadspink - 2010-03-18

using dsplayer it always worked. i want to know why it's working with dvdplayer. i've never installed the built in version on this pc so i wanted some info to give to the dev's so they could see why i'm getting dxva with dvdplayer

- oldpainless - 2010-03-18

Tiben\Blink,

Trying XBMCSetup-Rev28622-dx.exe at the mo. Looks like a nice build and I like what your doing with the evr/renderer..very nice quality.....and you've even added the pvd9 entery into the xml..cool.

The auto change refresh seems to be working nicely most of the time. I'm using the last stable version of reclock (v 1.6), and 95% of the time the auto feature works great, but now and again xbmc crashes when this is enabled - let me know if you need a debug log.

K

nadspink Wrote:i know it's not possible but my cpu% looks the same as it did when i had linux on this machine using vdpua. i'm getting lower cpu usage using dvdplayer than with dsplayer. this is a really old pc too, 754 amd with pci-xpress and an ati 4830. this is great. one flaw i found though, my 300 movie is getting the half green screen as described in the dxva built in support thread. any possiblity that when they repaired the servers somehow got these files mixed together. i know that's way off but it's all i can think of.

Sorry didn't mean to be quite so pedantic. Not unusual, I experience the exact same cpu usage behaviour between dvdplayer and dsplayer as you - with dxva enabled in dvdplayer, playback percentages are in the very low single figures. Switch to dsplayer (using either ffdshow or mpc) results in a significant increase to the 12-18% mark.