Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- >>X<< - 2010-03-18

nadspink Wrote:using dsplayer it always worked. i want to know why it's working with dvdplayer. i've never installed the built in version on this pc so i wanted some info to give to the dev's so they could see why i'm getting dxva with dvdplayer

Because its based on a build with native DXVA support and any of the latest nightly builds should do exactly the same running on vista or win 7

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

Your posting stuff that has nothing to do with DSPlayer

- blinkseb - 2010-03-18

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben\Blink,

Trying XBMCSetup-Rev28622-dx.exe at the mo. Looks like a nice build and I like what your doing with the evr/renderer..very nice quality.....and you've even added the pvd9 entery into the xml..cool.

The auto change refresh seems to be working nicely most of the time. I'm using the last stable version of reclock (v 1.6), and 95% of the time the auto feature works great, but now and again xbmc crashes when this is enabled - let me know if you need a debug log.

K

A debug log is always usefull^^ And can you tell me when it's crashing?

nadspink Wrote:using dsplayer it always worked. i want to know why it's working with dvdplayer. i've never installed the built in version on this pc so i wanted some info to give to the dev's so they could see why i'm getting dxva with dvdplayer

This thread is about dsplayer, and only it. We have nothing to do with dxva in dvdplayer at all!

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-18

I dont know why it works now. I have not had trouble getting the natvie DXVA in XBMC to work in the past. There is no "built in" version. If you installed dsplayer then you have both dsplayer's GPU offload and the built in DXVA offload. I also usually see the native giving me a lower CPU usage.

- nadspink - 2010-03-18

sorry about that it's never done this on my systems before, dvdplayer would always eat up my cpu thats why i started following this thread in the first place

- Mallet21 - 2010-03-18

Just wanted to thank the devs for all their work on this project. I just need to fix some tearing that I'm seeing using the FFDshow DXVA decoder and I'm ready to go live with this.

Thanks again !!

- nadspink - 2010-03-18

i thought i had found something new and magical like a unicorn or a girl that tiger woods hadn't tried to bang. my bad

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-18

nadspink Wrote:i thought i had found something new and magical like a unicorn or a girl that tiger woods hadn't tried to bang. my bad

Rofl

- oldpainless - 2010-03-18

[quote=blinkseb]A debug log is always usefull^^ And can you tell me when it's crashing?
QUOTE]

Debug log http://pastebin.com/591G6cdj

Couple of observations -

If my display is set to 60hz, and I go to play a 23.98 file - crashes everytime.

If I set my at 50hz, plays a 23.98 file, switches to 24hz, but after exiting the film, my display is now set at 24hz, rather than the 50hz it was set at before playing.

If my display is set at 24hz, crashes now and again when auto changing to 50hz for 25fps material.

Hope that helps.

K

- Sylus - 2010-03-18

Just an info for the guys interested hd audio. I only use stereo, therefore i cannot comment on it, but a few asked for it. Powerdvd 10 now offers "New! - HDMI Audio - High bitrate lossless pass-through support". So feel free to try it in the case you have not succeeded until now.

- >>X<< - 2010-03-18

Just tried Rev28622 and its still not working for me under XP Pro SP3, I just get 100% CPU and XBMC freezes

- zilexa - 2010-03-18

>>X<<' Wrote:Just tried Rev28622 and its still not working for me under XP Pro SP3, I just get 100% CPU and XBMC freezes

Same here, if you search for my posts in this topic you'll see that everything worked perfectly with an older build. I think a rev27xxx
Since rev28 XBMC just freezes/crashes or doesnt play the movie/tvshow. With every video.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-03-18

zilexa Wrote:Same here, if you search for my posts in this topic you'll see that everything worked perfectly with an older build. I think a rev27xxx
Since rev28 XBMC just freezes/crashes or doesnt play the movie/tvshow. With every video.

Yes I know but your posts about it along with mine have been lost not to mention you haven't posted anything about it not working on yesterdays build

- darthy001 - 2010-03-18

Sylus Wrote:Just an info for the guys interested hd audio. I only use stereo, therefore i cannot comment on it, but a few asked for it. Powerdvd 10 now offers "New! - HDMI Audio - High bitrate lossless pass-through support". So feel free to try it in the case you have not succeeded until now.
DSPlayer bitstreams Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Masteraudio with ffdshow without problems on my computer.

- zilexa - 2010-03-18

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes I know but your posts about it along with mine have been lost not to mention you haven't posted anything about it not working on yesterdays build
Ok didn't know that, so they had to use a backup after the lightning?

Didnt know a new revision was available:

tested rev28622 on WinXP SP3 on a 780G mobo.
When playing xvid/mpeg4 material (just an SD-quality episode of 2,5 men) I get black screen and audio is playing...
And when trying to play h264/mkv movie, nothing happens. The movie title gets the color it gets when the movie is playing, but no movie is actually playing. I can continu browsing xbmc..

at least its not crashing anymore.

I just tried playing video via the 'dvdplayer' (via the context menu you can select "play using..." and then select dvdplayer).
Movies are playing fine, but my cpu fan is also working hard...

EDIT:
now I disabled "sync playback to display" and "adjust display refresh rate to video"
SD material is playing fine, video and audio.
h264/mkv material is not playing, I can select to play but nothing happens, now the title doesn't even changes color.
It is still playing fine with dvdplayer.

I when enabling "sync playback to display", same behavior, SD plays fine, mkv nothing happens.
What is the benefit from these two options anyway?

- zilexa - 2010-03-18

therealjoeblow Wrote:Thanks for the reader's digest summary Seb!
(the guide to upscale video to 1080p)
The REAL Joe
2 questions:
Quote:This will cause this profile to load for all material where the image width is less than 1280 pixels. The default profile (where you hopefully didn't change anything before, but left everything at defaults) will load for all other material.
Since FFDShow lets you specify "resize if...", why is the last step 7 necessary? Why does DSplayer need a rule, when it already plays video using dxva when possible and normal ffdshow when not? I just want it to upscale in that last situation.

2nd question: you also mentioned the modifications to your guide when one wants to upscale to 720p instead of 1080p. I have a 720p TV... could you post these mods? I tried Google cache, but it only cached some posts. Not all.

I want to test your "upscaling" since I am very sceptic about it: since this requires the CPU, I suspect my CPU fan will run faster and I really don't like noise during movies/tvshows. I wonder how all people who speak so well of the upscaling experience this?
I have an AMD 45watt cpu, 5050e, 2,6GHz. I tried softwaretools to underclock/undervolt but it effected stability a lot.

btw I hope your wife recovers quickly Smile