Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2009-11-26

Tainted Wrote:No way!!! You gotta be joking. I thought you were in the I.T. field.

I am and now you making me feel lazy!! LOL

Really intrigued in your progress here mate, before this had you had any exposure to C+ programming? I find the progress you have made incredible!!

been coding with many other languages that is not c++ or c for around 14 years

- Tainted - 2009-11-26

tiben20 Wrote:been coding with many other languages that is not c++ or c for around 14 years

Oh ok, so you famliar with the programming concepts. Still excellent work you have done. Surprised you havent jumped shipped to I.T. yet?

You could also be the man to develop a skype plugin so we can have video or voice calls within XBMC.... just a thought! Smile

- Dannydeman - 2009-11-26

I guess GPU assisted decoding is much more important then something as Skype video calls lmao :o It will be the best and most easy to use Mediacenter software if this GPU stuff will be done in the end. All the benefits of using Linux would be gone and XBMC would be the most powerfull mediacenter out there for all platforms.

In fact, it'll be one of the only mediaplayers besides MPC-HC which can display HW accelerated media with subtitles. Of course it'll use MPC-HC stuff, but still, it took Mediaportal a long time to develop this, and they developed for Windows only. Tiben20 is coding this in warpspeed compared to the MP guys..

- Scott R - 2009-11-26

Actually, there might be more job security as a butcher in the US. Better to do programming on the side, develop an interesting app, and start your own business.

Another question: Can this play dvr-ms files? I don't see those listed in your OP, so I'm guessing not. Would adding support for that be difficult?

- lateko - 2009-11-26

Playing videos inside zip or rar don't seem to work with dsplayer. Wonder if it could be enabled easily?

- >>X<< - 2009-11-26

I gave it a go with xvid.ax and got the same high brightness problem I mentioned yesterday, when using exactly the same splitter, codec and renderer in MPC-HC everything is fine ?

One other question do you think that the smb problem will be resolved at some point in the future ?

Got a feeling your regret starting this thread after a while Big Grin

@X, you also had succes with CoreAVC you mentioned? Does that mean you can enable CUDA in W7 for HW acceleration and have subtitles with MKV files (external)?

- ashlar - 2009-11-26

Dannydeman Wrote:@X, you also had succes with CoreAVC you mentioned? Does that mean you can enable CUDA in W7 for HW acceleration and have subtitles with MKV files (external)?
It should...

Well, CoreAVC 2.0 will be awesome I heard. So I might try to use CoreAVC then.
Wonder what is used for external MKV subtitles at the moment?

- tiben20 - 2009-11-26

lateko Wrote:Playing videos inside zip or rar don't seem to work with dsplayer. Wonder if it could be enabled easily?

Its already enabled but i had some problem with smb filesystem so i just removed it temporary until i can get evr done.
Until im done with that crappy renderer ill work on that kind of stuff. I only hope it wont take me really long. Thats crazy how it is more complex than vmr9. The vmr9 renderer is working greate with only 746 line of code. The evr actually as 1765 and is not done yet :S

- tiben20 - 2009-11-26

Dannydeman Wrote:Well, CoreAVC 2.0 will be awesome I heard. So I might try to use CoreAVC then.
Wonder what is used for external MKV subtitles at the moment?

The problem with rendering subtiles and video accelerator your kinda restricted you really have to put the subtitles on the pictures after it been rendered. Thats why vobsub wont be used. I really have to make a complex internal filters for parsing the subtitles to the player and then draw them on the gui. Wont be done really soon anyway subtitle can be rendered with the actual dvdplayer.

So, for now external subtitles with MKV files are not possible with DSplayer?
Edit: So, the XBMC UI will overlay the subtitles at the moment? Or am I wrong?

- tiben20 - 2009-11-26

Dannydeman Wrote:So, for now external subtitles with MKV files are not possible with DSplayer?
Edit: So, the XBMC UI will overlay the subtitles at the moment? Or am I wrong?

Dvdplayer is doing it right now so yeah its going to be the same way for the dsplayer. External or internal subtiles with mkv its going to use the same pattern to get subtitles mkv only as 3 output pin(video audio and subtitle)
if you want external subtitle i only have to add a source filter which use a subtitles file this filter as 1 outputpin for subtitle so basically its going to be the same freaking stuff. By the way internal subtitles is crap dont know why they did include them in the mkv stuff

- ashlar - 2009-11-26

Well, with CoreAVC subtitles don't matter. That's using CUDA not DXVA. It's less efficient, but still more efficient than CPU decoding. Caveat: it only works for AVC content (h264, x264, etc.) not VC-1 (found on many BluRays).

Well, since I have a ION, I need to have DXVA or CUDA. It'll only use like 5-8% more CPU then DXVA. Will try to set some things up atm, and will share my experiences later in this topic.