Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-19

blinkseb Wrote:Nothing no, don't understand why it's crashing. But keep in mind this feature is really untested! I've already improved it a little, so it'es possible it works better in the new release Smile

It seems related to the VMR9 renderer. I'll had a little more debug output in order to see what's going on!

Do you know what you guys changed with the renderer since 28016? Like I said that build was nearly perfect. Maybe you could revert the code to something simpler that worked before?

It seems there's been a ton of development since 28016 to try and fix problems reported (mostly) by Win7 users, to the detriment of WinXP, which was the original focus of dsplayer in the first place. Just an observation, not a criticism by any means, but many of those changes to address the Win7 issues seem to have b0rked WinXP features that used to work...

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- zilexa - 2010-03-19

blinkseb Wrote:Nothing no, don't understand why it's crashing. But keep in mind this feature is really untested! I've already improved it a little, so it'es possible it works better in the new release Smile

It seems related to the VMR9 renderer. I'll had a little more debug output in order to see what's going on!

Did you try (28622) with "adjust display refresh rate to video" disabled? For me everything except DXVA-capable plays ok with that option disabled.
Perhaps we have to consider switching to Win7 once xbmc dxva2 support is stable with subs and all... But I like having a small, light rockstable Windows OS for my HTPC... instead of 20GB of Win7.

EDIT:
is the rev28016 still available somewhere? Perhaps someone can upload it Smile

- oldpainless - 2010-03-19

therealjoeblow Wrote:which was the original focus of dsplayer in the first place.

DXVA....that has always been the focus, yes?

K

- jplatt - 2010-03-19

zilexa Wrote:works on what? wich version?

Sorry, XBMCSetup-Rev28622-dx.exe is the version I used. Its works great on an Acer Aspire X3200 with a NVIDIA GeForce 8200 2.3 GHz Quad Core AMD processor with 4GB RAM. h.264 mkvs worked great as high as 1080i(24hz), so did mp4, avi, divx etc that might not use h.264.

But it probably wont work well on my small HTPCs they are AOpen MP45-DR systems that use and Intel GMA4500HD chipset (does not work very well with MPC and DXVA) ( but I will try it and let everyone know if it works with DSplayer)

As I understand it PlayON and Upnp will not work with DSPlayer yet. Correct?

PlayON works with XBMC but I think it works better with MPC-HC as an external player

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-20

oldpainless Wrote:DXVA....that has always been the focus, yes?

K

Well, not trying to speak for Tiben (and now Seb), but I believe it was intended to get DXVA working on WinXP because the main trunk developers indicated they are going to integrate DXVA for Vista and Win7, and not for XP as XP doesn't support DXVA2, which is the specific flavor of hw acceleration they plan to integrate into DVDPlayer in the main trunk. (Ya, I know, that's a run-on sentence).

So, since the primary development trunk is already working on DXVA for Win7 and Vista, one might suggest that DSPlayer could concentrate on getting everything working perfectly on WinXP and not worry about Win7 and Vista for now, so that there's one concentrated effort on each front and not a lot of unnecessary duplication?

Just food for thought and discussion.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-20

therealjoeblow Wrote:Well, not trying to speak for Tiben (and now Seb), but I believe it was intended to get DXVA working on WinXP because the main trunk developers indicated they are going to integrate DXVA for Vista and Win7, and not for XP as XP doesn't support DXVA2, which is the specific flavor of hw acceleration they plan to integrate into DVDPlayer in the main trunk. (Ya, I know, that's a run-on sentence).

So, since the primary development trunk is already working on DXVA for Win7 and Vista, one might suggest that DSPlayer could concentrate on getting everything working perfectly on WinXP and not worry about Win7 and Vista for now, so that there's one concentrated effort on each front and not a lot of unnecessary duplication?

Cheers
The REAL Joe

I think that is part of the problem - native implementation promised so much, but so far has not progressed far and I think it is only fair to say that it is working, but with limitations, hence the clamour for a working substitute for Vista/Win7 users.

- tiben20 - 2010-03-20

therealjoeblow Wrote:I spent about 15 minutes with 28622 just now, so not a comprehensive test, but it behaves exactly the same for me on WinXPSP3(x86) as 28511 did - nothing plays, and xbmc freezes when trying to start playback of *anything*.

Here's 2 logs, first one is for a standard XviD.avi, the second one is for a 1080p_x264.mkv:

SD XviD with MP3 in .avi:
http://pastebin.com/XpRDbfZ4

1080p x264 with DTS in .mkv
http://pastebin.com/gJxGni3q

In both cases, I'm using ffdshow as the video decoder and ffdshow as the audio decoder. Both are working fine in external players (ZoomPlayer and MPCHC). DVDPlayer plays both of these files fine too with the 28511 and 29622 builds.

Back to 28016 for now, which works virtually perfectly in all regards here (all file formats work, image quality is perfect, player is stable and never crashes, and subtitles work for all material, dxva or software decoded).

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Its not the vmr9 i can bet its the auto loading of the subtitles that make crash when loading the file. Try to play the file without a subtitle linked to it too see if the file is starting.

therealjoeblow Wrote:Well, not trying to speak for Tiben (and now Seb), but I believe it was intended to get DXVA working on WinXP because the main trunk developers indicated they are going to integrate DXVA for Vista and Win7, and not for XP as XP doesn't support DXVA2, which is the specific flavor of hw acceleration they plan to integrate into DVDPlayer in the main trunk. (Ya, I know, that's a run-on sentence).

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Directshow codecs are the primary objective the way to render it is just different in winxp and win7. There absolutely no problem beetween supporting one more than the other. Im developing and testing under xp and blinkseb is developing under win 7. If you have any problem with the vmr9 i will try to fix the bug. And for the evr i leave it to blinkseb. This is why in the first place i asked him to help me with the project.

- >>X<< - 2010-03-20

I have exactly the same problem in XP as therealjoeblow with avi/xvid and mkv not just with ffdshow but also with mpchc videodec and audiodec

Running exe on win7 is all what I need ? - User 63881 - 2010-03-20

Hello community !

I apoligize but Im novice and I could not found answer. Can I just run XBMCSetup-Rev28622-dx.exe on mine Windows 7 (Atom 330 ION) and the setup will do the rest ?

I have XBMC SVN 28275 + Aeon Showmix 2.51.

Thank you.

BrAtKo Wrote:Hello community !

I apoligize but Im novice and I could not found answer. Can I just run XBMCSetup-Rev28622-dx.exe on mine Windows 7 (Atom 330 ION) and the setup will do the rest ?

I have XBMC SVN 28275 + Aeon Showmix 2.51.

Thank you.

The default set-up on installation will allow playback without re-configuring (default settings are all ffdshow filters). Further configuration is required should you want more control/customisation - see the wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer).

- User 63881 - 2010-03-20

steelman1991 Wrote:The default set-up on installation will allow playback without re-configuring (default settings are all ffdshow filters). Further configuration is required should you want more control/customisation - see the wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer).

Great thank you does it mean I will be able to configure CoreAVC to be used ? It would be super.

- paddy29 - 2010-03-20

I installed XBMC on my W7 R3600 ion machine, build r28256. I am trying to follow the guide from the first post but I don't have a DSplayer folder. Any ideas why that would be?

BrAtKo Wrote:Great thank you does it mean I will be able to configure CoreAVC to be used ? It would be super.

Yes it will - just change the configuration setting for mkv playback (from ffdvideodxvadec to coreavcvideodec) and your good to go.

paddy29 Wrote:I installed XBMC on my W7 R3600 ion machine, build r28256. I am trying to follow the guide from the first post but I don't have a DSplayer folder. Any ideas why that would be?

Welcome Paddy.

The DSPlayer implementation at the moment is a seperate branch and is not included in mainstream xbmc nightly builds, therefore the build you have will not include DSPlayer options. Go to the first post again and follow the second link to download the most current DSPlayer build, then follow the Wiki from there. Good Luck

- paddy29 - 2010-03-20

Thanks very much steelman. A Motherwell fan I guess? Thats where I stay. Small world.