Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-20

paddy29 Wrote:Thanks very much steelman. A Motherwell fan I guess? Thats where I stay. Small world.

'Well. 'Well, it is a small world right enough and bang on, welcome to the wonderful world of xbmc.

- slk486 - 2010-03-20

First of all, thank you Tiben and Seb for your great work on dsplayer - awesome addition to XBMC!

I'm trying to get bitstreaming for HD audio in MKV files, to work with my Xonar.

Have followed the thread for a while and been back and forth through the posts quite a lot, but have so far been unable to find a fix.

Bitstreaming works great in MPC-HC with ffdshow audio and Arcsoft Audio Renderer, but in dsplayer, no sound get's through to the receiver. Standard DTS and AC3 work fine, however with HD audio, the video plays, but the ffdshow audio info (in the ffdshow config window) is empty during playback.

Have played around with dsfilterconfig, but have settled for the defaults.

Has anybody been able to get bitstreaming working with the Xonar, or is it only with the ATI 58xx and Clarksdale?

- oldpainless - 2010-03-20

blinkseb Wrote:Nothing no, don't understand why it's crashing. But keep in mind this feature is really untested! I've already improved it a little, so it'es possible it works better in the new release Smile

Ok, thanks for looking ayway - I'll try the next build when it's out.

K

- tiben20 - 2010-03-20

oldpainless Wrote:Ok, thanks for looking ayway - I'll try the next build when it's out.

K
And also in the next build you will notice a really big improvement in fastforward. I inserted an internal clock like dvdplayer which is calculating the fastforward step like 32x would seek from 32 sec by sec no matter if its a really huge video which is slow to seek and you have a slow computer.

tiben20 Wrote:And also in the next build you will notice a really big improvement in fastforward. I inserted an internal clock like dvdplayer which is calculating the fastforward step like 32x would seek from 32 sec by sec no matter if its a really huge video which is slow to seek and you have a slow computer.

Nice work Tiben. By adding the clock, will you also be able to get the time-goto function working too?

K

- tiben20 - 2010-03-20

oldpainless Wrote:Nice work Tiben. By adding the clock, will you also be able to get the time-goto function working too?

K
which one is this?

tiben20 Wrote:which one is this?

In dvdplayer, if you type 0130, it jumps to 1 hour 30 into the movie...in dsplayer, you can type 0130, but nothing happens.

K

- soldave - 2010-03-20

Just tried using build 28622 and got DXVA working fine and dandy. However, it looks like the Milkdrop visualization isn't working on my Windows 7 x64 setup. Is it working ok for others or is this is a known issue?

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-20

soldave Wrote:Just tried using build 28622 and got DXVA working fine and dandy. However, it looks like the Milkdrop visualization isn't working on my Windows 7 x64 setup. Is it working ok for others or is this is a known issue?

Milkdrop was broken in the main development trunk shortly after the official release of Camelot (9.11). It might have been fixed in the main trunk SVN builds by now, I'm not sure; but DSPlayer doesn't use a bleeding edge SVN trunk for its base, so there will be no milkdrop with DSPlayer until Tiben feels the main trunk is stable enough to update his base with a more recent one where milkdrop is working.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- baxtermedic - 2010-03-20

slk486 Wrote:First of all, thank you Tiben and Seb for your great work on dsplayer - awesome addition to XBMC!

I'm trying to get bitstreaming for HD audio in MKV files, to work with my Xonar.

Have followed the thread for a while and been back and forth through the posts quite a lot, but have so far been unable to find a fix.

Bitstreaming works great in MPC-HC with ffdshow audio and Arcsoft Audio Renderer, but in dsplayer, no sound get's through to the receiver. Standard DTS and AC3 work fine, however with HD audio, the video plays, but the ffdshow audio info (in the ffdshow config window) is empty during playback.

Have played around with dsfilterconfig, but have settled for the defaults.

Has anybody been able to get bitstreaming working with the Xonar, or is it only with the ATI 58xx and Clarksdale?

I have the Xonar slim and have my Bluray backups bitstreaming DTS-MA and TrueHD perfectly. If you have the Xonar you have to install the TMT from the Asus website (only one that has the correct renderer). Then you have to register the ASAudioRenderer.dll. Once you have done that you have to choose the arcsoft renderer in the DsPlayer settings page in XBMC. then you set the audio device to defualt in the main audio settings page. I then have ffdshow output all bitstreaming options.

Hope that helps.

- slk486 - 2010-03-20

baxtermedic Wrote:I have the Xonar slim and have my Bluray backups bitstreaming DTS-MA and TrueHD perfectly. If you have the Xonar you have to install the TMT from the Asus website (only one that has the correct renderer). Then you have to register the ASAudioRenderer.dll. Once you have done that you have to choose the arcsoft renderer in the DsPlayer settings page in XBMC. then you set the audio device to defualt in the main audio settings page. I then have ffdshow output all bitstreaming options.

Hope that helps.

Haha, I can't believe I've been fiddling with this for weeks and the only thing I was missing, was setting the device to Primary in the main settings - as you stated.

Thank you so much baxtermedic, it works now! Smile

- tiben20 - 2010-03-20

oldpainless Wrote:In dvdplayer, if you type 0130, it jumps to 1 hour 30 into the movie...in dsplayer, you can type 0130, but nothing happens.

K
thanks ill look into that didnt know you were able to do this in xbmc

- User 63881 - 2010-03-20

steelman1991 Wrote:The default set-up on installation will allow playback without re-configuring (default settings are all ffdshow filters). Further configuration is required should you want more control/customisation - see the wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer).

I'm wondering that XBMCSetup-Rev28622-dx.exe will overwrite my current XBMC configuration and files. That's not good. Maybe I'll try to use MPC-HT as external player instead.

- Atticusfinch - 2010-03-20

Hi
i'm trying to play some HD Mkv files,however they dont seem to play.

Heres' the log file
http://pastebin.com/eBuNy6tG

What is that i'm missing ?

Running Win 7 on a ASUS EEE Box 1501.

- User 63881 - 2010-03-20

Can I ask about what configuration of codecs on ION (CUDA/DXVA) give me the best performance with low CPU ?

I've found interesting perf. comparing - Performance Comparison Results - H.264/AVC Codecs: FFDshow, CoreAVC Pro, MPC-HC.