Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- oldpainless - 2010-03-20

Atticusfinch Wrote:Hi
i'm trying to play some HD Mkv files,however they dont seem to play.

Heres' the log file
http://pastebin.com/eBuNy6tG

What is that i'm missing ?

Running Win 7 on a ASUS EEE Box 1501.

Just a thought, but if you select ffdshow in programs and select ffdshowdxva (or whatever its called), are both vc1 and h264 selected?

K

Edit: and your using the latest build right?....also, the mkv your trying to play is not xvid or divx...its h.264?

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-20

tiben20 Wrote:Its not the vmr9 i can bet its the auto loading of the subtitles that make crash when loading the file. Try to play the file without a subtitle linked to it too see if the file is starting.

Unfortunately, that's not it. I tried several different plain xvid.avi's and also several x264.mkv's and it's exactly the same - the second you hit enter on "play with dsplayer" xbmc just freezes with high cpu.

The REAL Joe

- blinkseb - 2010-03-20

Atticusfinch Wrote:Hi
i'm trying to play some HD Mkv files,however they dont seem to play.

Heres' the log file
http://pastebin.com/eBuNy6tG

What is that i'm missing ?

Running Win 7 on a ASUS EEE Box 1501.

You're missing that : http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer#Troubleshooting

Please, at least make the effort to read the wiki before asking question! And, by the way, enable debug in xbmc, otherwise your log is useless

- uncertainty - 2010-03-20

BrAtKo Wrote:Can I ask about what configuration of codecs on ION (CUDA/DXVA) give me the best performance with low CPU ?

I've found interesting perf. comparing - Performance Comparison Results - H.264/AVC Codecs: FFDshow, CoreAVC Pro, MPC-HC.

Keep in mind that thread is a year old and vast improvements have been made to both H264 codecs in ffdshow. My own testing now shows the libavcodec is just as robust as the other codecs now for cpu usage.

madflac/reclock for flac only - hagfish - 2010-03-20

Hi all, just installed and started playing with all this today- made some good progress in that I have all my mkv's with flac now playing in dsplayer with dxva and madflac/reclock. Here's the problem- not all of my mkvs are flac, some have truehd/dd/dts, etc, but the way its currently configured, dsplayer is trying to use madflac/reclock for all of them.. Any tips for working around this?

I added a filter for madflac, then configured mkv's like this below- also in the xbmc gui- reclock is selected as the renderer for dsplayer (I have not added anything for reclock in dsfilterconfig)..

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="mkvsource" />
      <splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
      <video>
        <video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
        <video filter="mpcvideodec" />
      </video>
      <audio filter="madFlac" />
      <!--<extra>
        <extra filter="ac3filter" />
        <extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
      </extra>-->
    </rule>

- blinkseb - 2010-03-21

hagfish Wrote:Hi all, just installed and started playing with all this today- made some good progress in that I have all my mkv's with flac now playing in dsplayer with dxva and madflac/reclock. Here's the problem- not all of my mkvs are flac, some have truehd/dd/dts, etc, but the way its currently configured, dsplayer is trying to use madflac/reclock for all of them.. Any tips for working around this?

I added a filter for madflac, then configured mkv's like this below- also in the xbmc gui- reclock is selected as the renderer for dsplayer (I have not added anything for reclock in dsfilterconfig)..

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <video>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <audio audiocodec="flac" filter="madFlac" />
        <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
      </audio>
      <audiorenderer audiocodec="flac" filter="reclock" />
      <!--<extra>
      </extra>-->
    </rule>
With this config, you'll use madFlac / reclock for flac codec. For any other codec, you'll use ffdshow audio & the default audio renderer specified in the Video GUI Menu. In order to make it work, choose another audio renderer that reclock Wink

Should solved your problem Wink

PS: Reclock need to be defined as a filter in the dsfilterconfig.xml file (GUID: {9DC15360-914C-46B8-B9DF-BFE67FD36C6A})

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-21

hagfish Wrote:Hi all, just installed and started playing with all this today- made some good progress in that I have all my mkv's with flac now playing in dsplayer with dxva and madflac/reclock. Here's the problem- not all of my mkvs are flac, some have truehd/dd/dts, etc, but the way its currently configured, dsplayer is trying to use madflac/reclock for all of them.. Any tips for working around this?

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <video>
      </video>
      <audio filter="madFlac" />
      <!--<extra>
      </extra>-->
    </rule>

Welcome Hagfish - just sent you a pm on AVS forums which I think is almost identical to Seb's - the only difference I can see is that I kept ffdshow for everything other mkv, whereas Seb chose mpc. Welcome aboard the good ship XBMC - get ready for a bumpy ride. Big Grin

- blinkseb - 2010-03-21

Oh, I've just copy/paste his config and added missing tags Wink

- tredman - 2010-03-21

I'm thinking of trying a dsplayer build, as I'm having trouble with interlaced content using the dxva2 builds.

However, before I take the plunge.... Can you choose a filter for .ts files? I record tv using mediaportal's tv server, which are saved as .ts file and would like to use a power DVD (pdvd9) filter to play them back, as i've had good results with this in the past.

Also, is it possible to use dsplayer with live tv fed from the tvserver plugin (in rtsp format I think), not particularly useful now, but will be when the pvr merge is done and stable.

Cheers, haven't tried dsplayer yet, but it looks v good

blinkseb Wrote:
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <video>
      </video>
      <audio>
      </audio>
      <!--<extra>
      </extra>-->
    </rule>
With this config, you'll use madFlac / reclock for flac codec. For any other codec, you'll use ffdshow audio & the default audio renderer specified in the Video GUI Menu. In order to make it work, choose another audio renderer that reclock Wink

PS: Reclock need to be defined as a filter in the dsfilterconfig.xml file (GUID: {9DC15360-914C-46B8-B9DF-BFE67FD36C6A})

Seb - are you saying here to avoid reclock as the Audio renderer for playback purposes. I have changed the Audio Render in GUI to Realtek HDMI Output (2-ATI HDMI), however when switching to OSD (O keypress), the information still shows ReClock as the output renderer. Any ideas.

- blinkseb - 2010-03-21

steelman1991 Wrote:Seb - are you saying here to avoid reclock as the Audio renderer for playback purposes. I have changed the Audio Render in GUI to Realtek HDMI Output (2-ATI HDMI), however when switching to OSD (O keypress), the information still shows ReClock as the output renderer. Any ideas.

No no, I was qyaing that because i've understood hagfish wanted to use reclock only for flac, that's all.

Without your log, I can't tell, but check if you have a <audiorenderer> tag in your dsfilterconfig.xml file. It overrides the GUI settings. Otherwise, there's no reason that reclock is used instead of your renderer ...

blinkseb Wrote:No no, I was qyaing that because i've understood hagfish wanted to use reclock only for flac, that's all.

Without your log, I can't tell, but check if you have a <audiorenderer> tag in your dsfilterconfig.xml file. It overrides the GUI settings. Otherwise, there's no reason that reclock is used instead of your renderer ...

I do have an <audiorenderer> tag mate - I used your config from above Laugh. Thanks for the confirmation and the great work.

- hagfish - 2010-03-21

blinkseb Wrote:
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <video>
      </video>
      <audio>
      </audio>
      <!--<extra>
      </extra>-->
    </rule>

Tried this config but its still wanting to use ffdshow for flac.. I did add reclock as a filter, but maybe I didn't do it right.. I noticed in the code you gave, reclock was referenced as an audiorenderer - I have it added like this

Code:
<filter name="ReClock" type="audiodec">
      <guid>{9DC15360-914C-46B8-B9DF-BFE67FD36C6A}</guid>
      <osdname>ReClock Audio</osdname>
    </filter>

Other than that, I added your code exactly as you suggested in your post..
Does reclock need to be added differently as a renderer?

- blinkseb - 2010-03-21

hagfish Wrote:Tried this config but its still wanting to use ffdshow for flac.. I did add reclock as a filter, but maybe I didn't do it right.. I noticed in the code you gave, reclock was referenced as an audiorenderer - I have it added like this

Code:
    </filter>

You need to play the file in Library mode in order to make the *codec works. But you can add a debug log to your post too!

hagfish Wrote:Tried this config but its still wanting to use ffdshow for flac.. I did add reclock as a filter, but maybe I didn't do it right.. I noticed in the code you gave, reclock was referenced as an audiorenderer - I have it added like this

Code:
    </filter>

Hey Hagfish - I get the same problem (was with my config as well, so not restricted to the code supplied by Seb), in fact to the extent that I had some files which wouldn't play at all, or for that matter display media flagging in Confluence skin. I tried playing the files with DVDplayer, stopped, then went back to playing the file with DSPlayer, it then showed the correct renderer as madFLAC and media flagging also appeared (albeit incorrectly). I will post a debug log ASAP to let Seb have a look.

blinkseb Wrote:You need to play the file in Library mode in order to make the *codec works. But you can add a debug log to your post too!

Is this a known limitation and would this be the reason why playing with DVDPlayer initially resolved the issue?