Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Tandriin - 2010-03-21

tiben20 Wrote:Just to verify the bug happen even if you alt tab before you started a video?

Seems like the Bug/Problem still exists.. I have the same Problem. When i use alt tab and then switch back to xbmc (rev 28622) no keyboard shortcuts are working. I do not have to start an video to get this "problem".

I tried xbmc 9.11 and there i didn't had any problems with alt-tab and keyboard shortcuts.

My Media Center is an acer aspire r3610.

- blinkseb - 2010-03-21

Tandriin Wrote:Seems like the Bug/Problem still exists.. I have the same Problem. When i use alt tab and then switch back to xbmc (rev 28622) no keyboard shortcuts are working. I do not have to start an video to get this "problem".

I tried xbmc 9.11 and there i didn't had any problems with alt-tab and keyboard shortcuts.

My Media Center is an acer aspire r3610.

Should be fixed in the new upcoming release.

steelman1991 Wrote:Hey Hagfish - I get the same problem (was with my config as well, so not restricted to the code supplied by Seb), in fact to the extent that I had some files which wouldn't play at all, or for that matter display media flagging in Confluence skin. I tried playing the files with DVDplayer, stopped, then went back to playing the file with DSPlayer, it then showed the correct renderer as madFLAC and media flagging also appeared (albeit incorrectly). I will post a debug log ASAP to let Seb have a look.

Is this a known limitation and would this be the reason why playing with DVDPlayer initially resolved the issue?

For now, we rely on the informations collected by ffmpeg about the file in order to choose what filter use. It seems like those informations aren't available when running the file when not in Library mode. But I've never noticed you've to run the file with dvdplayer before to make it work.

I'll investigate a bit, but I'm very busy those days. Otherwise, we'll need to use mediainfo to get codec informations about the file.

- Tandriin - 2010-03-21

blinkseb Wrote:Should be fixed in the new upcoming release.

Great News! Thank you!

- soldave - 2010-03-21

therealjoeblow Wrote:Milkdrop was broken in the main development trunk shortly after the official release of Camelot (9.11). It might have been fixed in the main trunk SVN builds by now, I'm not sure; but DSPlayer doesn't use a bleeding edge SVN trunk for its base, so there will be no milkdrop with DSPlayer until Tiben feels the main trunk is stable enough to update his base with a more recent one where milkdrop is working.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Thanks for the quick reply and detailed explanation. Just wanted to know it wasn't an issue with my system alone. Smile

- blinkseb - 2010-03-21

I've open a new thread to list dsplayer release, to make sure everybody knows when a new release is available. Rendez vous here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70436

- >>X<< - 2010-03-21

Had a quick test of Rev28723 this version video plays in XP but its in a small window and library is still visible behind and functional

Thanks for all the continued work you both do Smile

- tiben20 - 2010-03-21

>>X<<' Wrote:Had a quick test of Rev28723 this version video plays in XP but its in a small window and library is still visible behind and functional

Thanks for all the continued work you both do Smile
The window title is "active movie" ?
If yes can you connect to the running graph and tell me if you have Xbmc Vmr9 for video renderer and also a debug log

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-21

Am I correct to say that r28723 has no music visualizations? Or did I screw something up?

I have a populated C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\visualisations but just do not see any once I start music look in the overlay.

- blinkseb - 2010-03-21

SlaveUnit Wrote:Am I correct to say that r28723 has no music visualizations? Or did I screw something up?

I have a populated C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\visualisations but just do not see any once I start music look in the overlay.

That has nothing to do with dsplayer ... Don't forget it isn't mean to be use as a regular player for the moment, so things outside dsplayer may be broken.

- zoing - 2010-03-21

SlaveUnit Wrote:Am I correct to say that r28723 has no music visualizations? Or did I screw something up?

This new build awaites the scrapper and visualizations in the addons folder. But the folder is empty in this build. So no scrappers an visualizations.

- PantsOnFire - 2010-03-21

28723 wont install, seems buggered, double-click, get NSIS error

- blinkseb - 2010-03-21

zoing Wrote:This new build awaites the scrapper and visualizations in the addons folder. But the folder is empty in this build. So no scrappers an visualizations.

It's probably the build script for win32 that's outdated. I'll look an eye on it.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-21

blinkseb Wrote:That has nothing to do with dsplayer ... Don't forget it isn't mean to be use as a regular player for the moment, so things outside dsplayer may be broken.

I realize that and I know it still has some bugs. But I think a lot of people are dying to make it their main player. Since you updated to the later merge I thought this might be the purpose since there is a lot of attention to not having milkdrop. If you and tiben20 still feel like this isnt ready for a main system then I understand. I just wasnt sure where the "finalization" status currently stands.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-03-21

tiben20 Wrote:The window title is "active movie" ?
If yes can you connect to the running graph and tell me if you have Xbmc Vmr9 for video renderer and also a debug log

Sorry I wasn't clear its not in a separate window its in the same window

This is what I see

It seems to be ignoring dsfilterconfig.xml for video instead its using those on my system and no Xbmc Vmr9, audio it respects those set in dsfilterconfig.xml

- blinkseb - 2010-03-21

SlaveUnit Wrote:I realize that and I know it still has some bugs. But I think a lot of people are dying to make it their main player. Since you updated to the later merge I thought this might be the purpose since there is a lot of attention to not having milkdrop. If you and tiben20 still feel like this isnt ready for a main system then I understand. I just wasnt sure where the "finalization" status currently stands.

I think it isn't ready for a main system yet. We've make some great progress those earlier weeks, but it's to soon!

Scraper and vizualisation are missing in the lastest build. Indeed, XBMC now use addons with an addon manager, but the win32 build system hasn't been updated. I've done that, so everything should be avalaible in the next release Wink