Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- payeco - 2010-03-22

For some reason all builds after 28511 have two consistant problems: If I play a video and then then stop it, my remote app on my iPhone stop working, it loses the connection and can't reconnect. Keyboard and mouse still work fine. And when I try to shut down XBMC and get back into Windows XBMC locks up and I have to kill the process. Reverting back to build 28511 fixes these problems.

Here is the log:
http://paste2.org/p/729368

On another note, ever since the switch to ffdshow for DXVA playback I get tearing at the top third of the screen and only the top third. The only way I've found to fix it is to change the display settings to windowed mode, click the X to close the app, start XBMC back up and then switch the display setting to full screen. After that I get no tearing in the video playback.

As far as my system specs: Athlon x2 3800+, 2GB ram and a nVidia GeForce G210 running Windows 7 x64. Outputting video via HDMI to a 1080p 50" Samsung plasma.

- relayer35 - 2010-03-22

payeco Wrote:For some reason all builds after 28511 have two consistant problems: If I play a video and then then stop it, my remote app on my iPhone stop working, it loses the connection and can't reconnect. Keyboard and mouse still work fine. And when I try to shut down XBMC and get back into Windows XBMC locks up and I have to kill the process. Reverting back to build 28511 fixes these problems.

Here is the log:
http://paste2.org/p/729368

On another note, ever since the switch to ffdshow for DXVA playback I get tearing at the top third of the screen and only the top third. The only way I've found to fix it is to change the display settings to windowed mode, click the X to close the app, start XBMC back up and then switch the display setting to full screen. After that I get no tearing in the video playback.

As far as my system specs: Athlon x2 3800+, 2GB ram and a nVidia GeForce G210 running Windows 7 x64. Outputting video via HDMI to a 1080p 50" Samsung plasma.

I had the same exact problem with the tearing. I fixed it by selecting "Use Full Screen Window rather than true full screen"

- blinkseb - 2010-03-22

Jaypeg Wrote:Hey everyone!

First of all thank you for all your great work, in making the best media center I've ever used.

I'm having some trouble using dsplayer though. Whenever I try to play a movie using dsplayer it flashes a black screen and returns to the movie selection.

System:
ATI radeon 5670, newest drivers
Windows 7, 32-bit (can't get dxva2 with dvdplayer to work either, i get a black screen, with sound)
AMD Athlon 64 4000+
XBMC rev. 28723-dx
Using the dsconfigfilter.xml as seen on the dsplayer HOW-TO page.

Debug log

I seem to remember to have read about issues with ATI and dxva/dsplayer in this thread, but couldn't find an answer.

For the time being I use MPC-HC instead for playing my HD material, where my gpu accelerations works perfectly.

With no changes to the dsconfigfilter.xml I also got a crash, I don't know if that's expected. I have the crash.dmp if anyone is interested.

I hope someone has an answer as I'd rather not be using MPC-HC as external player for HD.

Kind regards,
JayPeg

Hm, very interesting, first time I see this error (CDSGraph::HandleGraphEvent EC_ERRORABORT. Error code: 0x8004022A -> This pin cannot use the supplied media type.). Can you please send me a sample of your mkv using mkvmerge?

- oldpainless - 2010-03-22

Seb,

Build 28723 - scrappers have disapeared..d'oh!

Tested mkvs and h.264 ts files and seems stable. However, auto refresh rate change is still crashing on me.

K

- Jaypeg - 2010-03-22

blinkseb Wrote:Hm, very interesting, first time I see this error (CDSGraph::HandleGraphEvent EC_ERRORABORT. Error code: 0x8004022A -> This pin cannot use the supplied media type.). Can you please send me a sample of your mkv using mkvmerge?

I've PM'ed a link to a sample for ya.

You just tried some of my other mkv-files and I get the same error, that you mentioned.

Thank you for your time Nod

Kind regards
Jaypeg

- 12pc - 2010-03-22

latest DSplayer build didn't work for me, tried yesterday.

audio works but no video, I just see a black black screen when playing videos.

instead the xbmc for windows works fine with MPHC configured as external player.

my config: ASROCK 330 with win xp pro sp2

- ehrnst - 2010-03-22

does all of the previous versions work, and do they have all the scrapers, repo installer etc?

- Sylus - 2010-03-22

older versions have scraper and repo installer cause they are based on an older svn.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-22

zilexa Wrote:Could anyone p l e a s e upload rev28016? Since it is the last stable (as in working DXVA) DSplayer versions without losing other functionality...

http://rapidshare.com/files/365518140/XBMCSetup-DSPlayer-Rev28016-dx.exe.html

Can only be downloaded 10x, and probably has been 2x already since I PM'd the links to 2 people already.

[EDIT] Here's a MediaFire link incase the RS link goes dead, or if you generally prefer MF to RS:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjjtmzt0ynz/XBMCSetup-DSPlayer-Rev28016-dx.exe

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- zilexa - 2010-03-22

Thanks!
I uploaded it to ifile.it, less bloated then Rapidshare and no limits on number of downloads:

XBMCSetup-DSPlayer-Rev28016-dx.exe

- tiben20 - 2010-03-22

Ill just upload the build on the passion xbmc

Spent some time with build 28723....stay away from it at all costs....dont say I didn't warn you.

K

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-22

That's a rather bland and bold statement to make, without back up. Not saying that the build is working properly, but some further evidence might be useful to the devs (problem listing and accompanying debug log for example), but just to say keep away you have been warned does no-one any good.

Even if I do agree Oo

steelman1991 Wrote:That's a rather bland and bold statement to make, without back up. Not saying that the build is working properly, but some further evidence might be useful to the devs (problem listing and accompanying debug log for example), but just to say keep away you have been warned does no-one any good.

Even if I do agree Oo

glad to see you edited your statement...lol.

bland, maybe...trial and error gets all of us down now and again....one min you have a pretty good setup, the next, borked.

right now I have to delete my libary and now do a clean install of a previous version...1) scrappers dont work on latest build, 2) crashes every time using reclock..3) not sure what the issue is, but its sending reclock duff into - ie, reclock can no longer read the video fps info from xbmc..4) crashes when trying to change frame rate....5) even thou you have your libary left from a previous version, it will not update any further movies you add...

Do I need to go on?

K

- >>X<< - 2010-03-22

oldpainless Wrote:glad to see you edited your statement...lol.

bland, maybe...trial and error gets all of us down now and again....one min you have a pretty good setup, the next, borked.

right now I have to delete my libary and now do a clean install of a previous version...1) scrappers dont work on latest build, 2) crashes every time using reclock..3) not sure what the issue is, but its sending reclock duff into - ie, reclock can no longer read the video fps info from xbmc..4) crashes when trying to change frame rate....5) even thou you have your libary left from a previous version, it will not update any further movies you add...

Do I need to go on?

K

Its a WIP you shouldn't be installing it on your main box anyway but if you must then install in portable mode then you can have more than one build on the same box in different directories with there own settings, library database etc