Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- blinkseb - 2010-03-22

oldpainless Wrote:glad to see you edited your statement...lol.

bland, maybe...trial and error gets all of us down now and again....one min you have a pretty good setup, the next, borked.

right now I have to delete my libary and now do a clean install of a previous version...1) scrappers dont work on latest build, 2) crashes every time using reclock..3) not sure what the issue is, but its sending reclock duff into - ie, reclock can no longer read the video fps info from xbmc..4) crashes when trying to change frame rate....5) even thou you have your libary left from a previous version, it will not update any further movies you add...

Do I need to go on?

K

We're still en development process, and nowhere you have read we encourage people to use dsplayer as main player! It's broken, yes, because we update to lastest xbmc trunk.

Maybe you have new issues, right, but it's not in complaining about like that we'll be able to solve this out. No debug log, nothing, how can we know what's wrong?

Anyway, next time, help us instead.

- ehrnst - 2010-03-22

could someone point me to a release that is stable, and working?
seems like all the releases i tried so far has some issues, but the latest can not be used, at all.

Shame, because this is actually the best xbmc release due to the video card rendering

- shankster - 2010-03-22

The latest is just fine.

I am using it as my main rig.

It's awesome, I dont know why people are complaining.

Milkdrop works, alt tabbing works, dxva works (allthough I dont use it, since I want vsfilter to be loaded), my crash problem after sleep is sorted.

If you read this thread a bit back you will find instructions on how to make the scrapers/visualizations work.

Keep up the great job devs Nod

- oldpainless - 2010-03-22

blinkseb Wrote:Anyway, next time, help us instead.

Blimey....SEB, x and anyone else.....sorry if I have offended anyone....look - AS A BETA tester, I'm entitled to get pixxed off once in a while Angry,....and i'm not sure I could post anymore logs than I do without upsetting everyone...lol.

So, I'll get back in my box now..Rolleyes

Ignore my rant.....just pissed because I have to delete my libary and start over again.

K

EDIt: X- thanks for the tip...didn't know I could do that.

- shankster - 2010-03-22

oldpainless Wrote:Blimey....SEB, x and anyone else.....sorry if I have offended anyone....look - AS A BETA tester, I'm entitled to get pixxed off once in a while Angry,....and i'm not sure I could post anymore logs than I do without upsetting everyone...lol.

Ignore my rant.....just pissed because I have to delete my libary and start over again.

K

Use a media manager like embermm.com and never be a slave to the XBMC database again. Smile

- blinkseb - 2010-03-22

oldpainless Wrote:Blimey....SEB, x and anyone else.....sorry if I have offended anyone....look - AS A BETA tester, I'm entitled to get pixxed off once in a while Angry,....and i'm not sure I could post anymore logs than I do without upsetting everyone...lol.

K

EDIt: X- thanks for the tip...didn't know I could do that.

Sorry for your database Wink

Scraper & viz will be back in the next release, don't worry. Build script has been fixed.

- >>X<< - 2010-03-22

oldpainless Wrote:EDIt: X- thanks for the tip...didn't know I could do that.

If you have the main build you use in a different directory from the default directory then you cant forget when installing a test build and accidentally overwrite your good build, installing all builds in portable mode keeps everything separate including library database

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-22

shankster Wrote:Use a media manager like embermm.com and never be a slave to the XBMC database again. Smile

Lol....are you sure you really understand how XBMC even works? Even with whatever media manager you are using you still have to have an XBMC database.

- shankster - 2010-03-22

SlaveUnit Wrote:Lol....are you sure you really understand how XBMC even works? Even with whatever media manager you are using you still have to have an XBMC database.

Laugh Rebuilding a database when the files are local takes seconds.
Are you sure you understand how it works?

- >>X<< - 2010-03-22

shankster Wrote:Laugh Rebuilding a database when the files are local takes seconds.

Not when you cant set content Rolleyes

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-22

shankster Wrote:Laugh Rebuilding a database when the files are local takes seconds.

Well not really seconds if you have a lot of files. But either way...before you throw out a comment like your first one take a little more time to get your terminology correct. Maybe you should have said "Do away with XBMC's scrapers and use a media manger. That way REBUILDING your db only takes seconds." OR perhaps "Use file mode...never be a slave to XBMC's db again." Smile

- oldpainless - 2010-03-23

C'mon guys....like I said - ignore my rant and don't let this thread get too off topic.

K

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-23

oldpainless Wrote:C'mon guys....like I said - ignore my rant and don't let this thread get too off topic.

K

+1 for that Painless and believe me I feel your pain - I had the same issue and had to rebuild my library following a rollback -couldn't think quite how to phrase my initial comment - 'contentious' might have been more appropriate Big Grin

- uncertainty - 2010-03-23

Not all settings (ie watched/unwatched) are saved by Ember and other media managers though....

Enabling subtitles in ffdshow kills HW accel. - ssip96 - 2010-03-23

hi,
when i play a movie using dsplayer, ffdshow dxva enabled and all, cpu's well below 10% on 720ps.

turn on (non embedded) subtitles in ffdshow however, and it's a no go- cpu's around 30-40%.

how can i play subtitles with hw accel?