Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2010-03-23

ssip96 Wrote:hi,
when i play a movie using dsplayer, ffdshow dxva enabled and all, cpu's well below 10% on 720ps.

turn on (non embedded) subtitles in ffdshow however, and it's a no go- cpu's around 30-40%.

how can i play subtitles with hw accel?
If you followed a little bit the trade you would know that its already a lot that subtitles are supported at all. Subtitles from ffdshow require postprocessing in order to use dxva. There is no way to fix this unless your willing to code for us.

- oldpainless - 2010-03-23

Tiben\Seb

Any idea when the scrapper issue in the latest build is likey to be fixed?

Cheers

K

- blinkseb - 2010-03-23

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben\Seb

Cheers

K

blinkseb Wrote:Sorry for your database Wink

Scraper & viz will be back in the next release, don't worry. Build script has been fixed.

Maybe tonight, or tomorrow, who knows?

- oldpainless - 2010-03-23

blinkseb Wrote:Maybe tonight, or tomorrow, who knows?

Ok cool, thanks.

Is this also an issue in the current build (beta's/svn) of the main trunk too?

K

- blinkseb - 2010-03-23

oldpainless Wrote:Ok cool, thanks.

Is this also in issue in the current build (beta's/svn) of the main trunk too?

K

That's notreally an issue. Files aren't include in the setup file, that's all. The build script is now fixed, so all files will be there in the next release.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-23

ehrnst Wrote:could someone point me to a release that is stable, and working?
seems like all the releases i tried so far has some issues, but the latest can not be used, at all.

Shame, because this is actually the best xbmc release due to the video card rendering

Look back a page or two. R-28016 is the latest version that I personally had no problems with on WinXP32, virtually everything works 100% with ffdshow for audio and video decoders (both software decoding w/upscaling, dxva hardware decoding, and both external and embedded subtitles). It is my default player, working perfectly glitch-free for everything, with the exception of DVD's (it hadn't included DVD functionality yet). Some others have concurred and fallen back to this version for the time being.

There's been lots of development since 28016, some of it with very good intentions, in efforts to add missing features or resolve existing issues (many of them with Win7). Unfortunately, in every case that I've tried since then, these newer builds have completely b0rked functionality and working playback for me on WinXP, with no resolution yet.

YMMV, some users with Win7 have reported that newer releases like 28511 and 28622 work very well with Win7, I'm speaking strictly from the WinXP side of things here.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

ssip96 Wrote:hi,
when i play a movie using dsplayer, ffdshow dxva enabled and all, cpu's well below 10% on 720ps.

turn on (non embedded) subtitles in ffdshow however, and it's a no go- cpu's around 30-40%.

how can i play subtitles with hw accel?

With all due respect, what exactly is the problem with 30-40% CPUHuh

You're playing your material well with in the capability of your system - you should be happy, no? It's the people who are pegging their CPU at 100% and having choppy playback that would be of concern here.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

shankster Wrote:The latest is just fine.

I am using it as my main rig.

It's awesome, I dont know why people are complaining.

Milkdrop works, alt tabbing works, dxva works (allthough I dont use it, since I want vsfilter to be loaded), my crash problem after sleep is sorted.

If you read this thread a bit back you will find instructions on how to make the scrapers/visualizations work.

Keep up the great job devs Nod

Perhaps you could give some useful info when giving advice like you did above. Like:

-Exactly which build you are referring to
-What OS (eg WinXP or Win7, etc)
-What version of that OS (x86, x64, SP-level)
-What kind of video card (ATI, Nvidia, model no)
-etc

For many (if not most) WinXP users, all of the last 3 builds (28511, 28622, and 28723) have been major problems. I suspect you're a Win7 user if the latest build is working so well for you.

Just a blind statement like "The latest is just fine." is bound to lead some poor unsuspecting person into misery.

Don't forget, DSPlayer is an alpha WIP, and therefore by it's very nature does NOT work perfectly on every platform, with all hardware for every user. You're just lucky it does so well for you with your specific undisclosed specs. And that's not very helpful to anyone!

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- uncertainty - 2010-03-23

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben\Seb

Cheers

K

Till dsplayer has a new build you can do the following which someone recommended.

"How to enable the scraper and the visualization: Download the lastest build from here. I used http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=CW&P=PC&R=28699
Unpack the rar file.
Copy the addons folder to your path where your XBMC is installed.
You need a skin where you can choose in the settings menu the add-ons tab.
Enable your scraper and visualization.
Tested with the imdb and tvdb scraper."

I then enabled confluence skin and under settings-system was able to set both the scrapers and visualizations...All working now...

EDIT: New dsplayer build available http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70436

- blinkseb - 2010-03-23

New build online. Nothing really except some bug fix and scrappers back : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70436

- zilexa - 2010-03-23

Hey I just noticed DVD support in rev 28723, but I was able to play my dvd files perfectly with older builds already (I don't use ISO, don't see any benefits, I simply have the VIDEO_TS folder copied to a subfolder (with name of the movie) in my Movies folder).

zilexa Wrote:Hey I just noticed DVD support in rev 28723, but I was able to play my dvd files perfectly with older builds already (I don't use ISO, don't see any benefits, I simply have the VIDEO_TS folder copied to a subfolder (with name of the movie) in my Movies folder).

Are you sure you're using DSPlayer for DVD in the old builds? Because, for sure with 28016, you get an error message when trying to play VIDEO_TS folders. Unless you specifically select "Play with DSPlayer", even if it *is* set as your default player, when you click on a DVD (VIDEO_TS) title, XBMC will use DVDPlayer for that, and you won't really know unless you're looking for it, you might just assume that DSPlayer is handling it.

Cheers,
The REAL Joe

- zilexa - 2010-03-23

therealjoeblow Wrote:Are you sure you're using DSPlayer for DVD in the old builds? Because, for sure with 28016, you get an error message when trying to play VIDEO_TS folders. Unless you specifically select "Play with DSPlayer", even if it *is* set as your default player, when you click on a DVD (VIDEO_TS) title, XBMC will use DVDPlayer for that, and you won't really know unless you're looking for it, you might just assume that DSPlayer is handling it.

Cheers,
The REAL Joe

Thanks for clarifying. Must have been dvdplayer then since I've set videoplayback to "Autodetect".
But I also thought Cyberlink DVDplayer is the only decoder that supports DXVA for mpeg2. Or are you guys trying to support DXVA for mpeg2 as well?
Is there a method to (automatically) use Cyberlink decoder instead of DSplayer, when possible?

- shankster - 2010-03-23

therealjoeblow Wrote:Perhaps you could give some useful info when giving advice like you did above. Like:

-Exactly which build you are referring to
-What OS (eg WinXP or Win7, etc)
-What version of that OS (x86, x64, SP-level)
-What kind of video card (ATI, Nvidia, model no)
-etc

For many (if not most) WinXP users, all of the last 3 builds (28511, 28622, and 28723) have been major problems. I suspect you're a Win7 user if the latest build is working so well for you.

Just a blind statement like "The latest is just fine." is bound to lead some poor unsuspecting person into misery.

Don't forget, DSPlayer is an alpha WIP, and therefore by it's very nature does NOT work perfectly on every platform, with all hardware for every user. You're just lucky it does so well for you with your specific undisclosed specs. And that's not very helpful to anyone!

Cheers
The REAL Joe

The main reason people got in an uproar over the last version was cause the scrapers weren't working and the database was not downgradable.

My comment about it working fine was just referring to that, nothing was borked that wasn't borked in the previous release.

There was even instructions on how to get scrapers and visualizations to work posted.

I am running win7 but that shouldn't really matter, since my post was referring to the 1 upgrade version.

If you have been having problems the last 3 versions, then your problem wasn't due to the the merge of the new SVN.

Also, there were comments about not being able to set content, which I have no problem doing.

So to rephrase so no poor unsuspecting soul gets hurt by my intranet words:

If you are (running):
Windows 7 Ultimate
ATI 5450
XBMCSetup-Rev28723-dx.exe
ffdshow_rev3322_20100319_dbt_newlibs_beta8.exe
Using the Aeon Auriga Skin
Followed this post on how to get the missing files
Used the original skin to activate the addons, then switched to Aeon
Added VSFilter to your dsconfigfilter and disabled dvd subs for ffdshow
Understand that dxva wont work when you add filters such as vsfilter

THEN all is fine. Rolleyes

Hope that helps Wink

shankster Wrote:The main reason people got in an uproar over the last version was cause the scrapers weren't working and the database was not downgradable.

My comment about it working fine was just referring to that, nothing was borked that wasn't borked in the previous release.

There was even instructions on how to get scrapers and visualizations to work posted.

I am running win7 but that shouldn't really matter, since my post was referring to the 1 upgrade version.

If you have been having problems the last 3 versions, then your problem wasn't due to the the merge of the new SVN.

Also, there were comments about not being able to set content, which I have no problem doing.

So to rephrase so no poor unsuspecting soul gets hurt by my intranet words:

If you are (running):
Windows 7 Ultimate
ATI 5450
XBMCSetup-Rev28723-dx.exe
ffdshow_rev3322_20100319_dbt_newlibs_beta8.exe
Using the Aeon Auriga Skin
Followed this post on how to get the missing files
Used the original skin to activate the addons, then switched to Aeon
Added VSFilter to your dsconfigfilter and disabled dvd subs for ffdshow
Understand that dxva wont work when you add filters such as vsfilter

THEN all is fine. Rolleyes

Hope that helps Wink

Thanks! That clarifies very nicely. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but like I said, it appears that most things are working better in the last 3 revisions for Win7, but not so well for WinXP, and it wasn't clear from your post that WinXP users might be at risk if they jumped blindly in.

And likewise, with the latest rev (28723), users should pay particular attention that this upgrade is a one-way street with your database, and if it doesn't work for you, you're going to be SOL for the time being, you can't downgrade to an earlier release without recreating your database. That would be *disasterous* for someone like me, since I have literally hundreds of obscure movie and TV titles that have customized posters and fanart, etc that were manually entered over a long period of time.

Cheers, and thanks again for the useful info!
The REAL Joe