Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- uncertainty - 2010-03-24

blinkseb Wrote:Scrapers & vizu are included in this build, i've double checked... You need to enable the addons in the "Add-ons" menu before you can use them.

I can confirm scrapers and visuals work fine with 28772...

- christoofar - 2010-03-24

uncertainty Wrote:I can confirm scrapers and visuals work fine with 28772...

Running XP or Win 7?

- payeco - 2010-03-24

Since no one replied to my last post about 2 bugs I guess I'll post it again.

Whenever I play a video and then stop it, the remote control app for XBMC I have on my iPhone stops working. Keyboard and mouse still work fine. Looking at the log it looks like for some reason the upnp and webserver services get stopped based on the log. Then, when I try to exit XBMC after this XBMC locks up and I have to kill the process. This lock up only occurs after playing a video though. If I open XBMC but exit before playing a video it exits fine.

I also have tearing in the top third of the screen when playing videos. This started after the switch to ffdshow. To solve it I have to switch XBMC to Windowed mode, close it, reopen it and then switch back to full screen to fix the problem. Someone suggested using the "use full screen window rather then true full screen" option but this doesn't work. It is EXTREMELY annoying to have to go through this process every evening when I sit down to watch some videos because I have no wireless keyboard/mouse and the computer is located in a closet.

Here is my debug log:
http://pastebin.com/sGN3Apzp

- tiben20 - 2010-03-24

payeco Wrote:Since no one replied to my last post about 2 bugs I guess I'll post it again.

Whenever I play a video and then stop it, the remote control app for XBMC I have on my iPhone stops working. Keyboard and mouse still work fine. Looking at the log it looks like for some reason the upnp and webserver services get stopped based on the log. Then, when I try to exit XBMC after this XBMC locks up and I have to kill the process. This lock up only occurs after playing a video though. If I open XBMC but exit before playing a video it exits fine.

I also have tearing in the top third of the screen when playing videos. This started after the switch to ffdshow. To solve it I have to switch XBMC to Windowed mode, close it, reopen it and then switch back to full screen to fix the problem. Someone suggested using the "use full screen window rather then true full screen" option but this doesn't work. It is EXTREMELY annoying to have to go through this process every evening when I sit down to watch some videos because I have no wireless keyboard/mouse and the computer is located in a closet.

Here is my debug log:
http://pastebin.com/sGN3Apzp
I never really tested the httpapi and until i give it a shot i wont find out how to simply fix the problem.
I got a workaround for you could simply take eventghost http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1995&hilit=iphone
this plugin for event ghost could be running you have 2 choice on how you can handle those bugs with it. You can parse the commands to eventghost to control your player. Or the second and the one the easier for you if you really dont want to get up Tongue Map a key to kill xbmc on your iphone that key would trigger the kill of xbmc and the execution of xbmc right after the process left.
Its the best way to be sure its going to work even if xbmc freeze

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-24

So the reason this "add-Ons" thing can be confusing is that most skins do not have that section within settings. So switch to Confluence and then do your Add Ons and then return back to your skin of choice. Then you should see the viz and scrapers. Maybe I am the only idiot that was going through all my menus looking for an add-ons section. But hopefully this might help others.

- nielsi - 2010-03-24

I've had this with previous builds, when entering the movies section, for a moment all flags, buttons and menus of the skin show up on top of each other. Then they disappear again and the regular movies list shows as it should. It's the same in different skins. Not really a show-stopper but it just looks kind of buggy. Especially when using the Aeon skin, because for some reason in that skin it takes about 10 seconds for the movies section to start (probably a skin related problem), which makes the buggy screen more noticeable. Is this known behaviour or is there something I can do to fix it?

- dustbustr - 2010-03-24

@nielsi: That problem was briefly discussed in this thread and seems like it's been a problem with the daily builds for a while, but as far as I know there has been no official word on what's causing it or when it will be fixed. Definitely annoying though, especially when using some of the more graphic-intensive skins.

- hannisen - 2010-03-24

SlaveUnit Wrote:So the reason this "add-Ons" thing can be confusing is that most skins do not have that section within settings. So switch to Confluence and then do your Add Ons and then return back to your skin of choice. Then you should see the viz and scrapers. Maybe I am the only idiot that was going through all my menus looking for an add-ons section. But hopefully this might help others.

Thank you! I was going nuts...

- zoing - 2010-03-24

nielsi Wrote:I've had this with previous builds, when entering the movies section, for a moment all flags, buttons and menus of the skin show up on top of each other. Then they disappear again and the regular movies list shows as it should. It's the same in different skins. Not really a show-stopper but it just looks kind of buggy. Especially when using the Aeon skin, because for some reason in that skin it takes about 10 seconds for the movies section to start (probably a skin related problem), which makes the buggy screen more noticeable. Is this known behaviour or is there something I can do to fix it?

This is because the XBMC devs have changed the caching settings for the thumbnails.
This is introduced since rev 27400 and up i think.
We have to wait till they resolve this behavior.

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-24

nielsi Wrote:I've had this with previous builds, when entering the movies section, for a moment all flags, buttons and menus of the skin show up on top of each other. Then they disappear again and the regular movies list shows as it should. It's the same in different skins. Not really a show-stopper but it just looks kind of buggy. Especially when using the Aeon skin, because for some reason in that skin it takes about 10 seconds for the movies section to start (probably a skin related problem), which makes the buggy screen more noticeable. Is this known behaviour or is there something I can do to fix it?

No it is a bug and the dev team are aware of it - just need to live with it at the moment - can't find the link to the TRAC ticket, when I do will post to verify.

- DzG2 - 2010-03-24

I have a problem with release 28772 (28723 and back it works).
When i enter a video directory xbmc should create thumbs of my movies.
But with the latest build the remote stops working but i can still use the mouse.
Then when I exit xbmc it just hangs.

When i restart xbmc and enter the same directory the thumbs are there and all work as it should. It only happen when I enter a directory where xbmc creates thumbs.
If I turn it of in settings then there is no problem.

It works for local files but not for files on SMB share.

- oldpainless - 2010-03-24

Guys,

Could do with some help.

Using aeon65 skin, press up and hit enter to play trailer - got video but no sound. Dsplayer set as default in userdata and using the default install of ffdshowaudio....what have I overlooked?

UPDATE - scrub the question - looks like some trailers dont have audio?...odd.

Cheers

K

Oh....had some mates round last night, and were totally blown away with xbmc, and the PQ using dsplayer!...keep up the good work guys - thanks.

- hannisen - 2010-03-24

DzG2 Wrote:I have a problem with release 28772 (28723 and back it works).
When i enter a video directory xbmc should create thumbs of my movies.
But with the latest build the remote stops working but i can still use the mouse.
Then when I exit xbmc it just hangs.

When i restart xbmc and enter the same directory the thumbs are there and all work as it should. It only happen when I enter a directory where xbmc creates thumbs.
If I turn it of in settings then there is no problem.

It works for local files but not for files on SMB share.

I have the exact same issues as you.

- christoofar - 2010-03-24

SlaveUnit Wrote:So the reason this "add-Ons" thing can be confusing is that most skins do not have that section within settings. So switch to Confluence and then do your Add Ons and then return back to your skin of choice. Then you should see the viz and scrapers. Maybe I am the only idiot that was going through all my menus looking for an add-ons section. But hopefully this might help others.

I tried uncertainty's workaround suggestion of importing the Addons folder from a newer build into mine, which seems to have brought scrapers back, but no viz.
Still don't see any Addons option in Confluence, tho'..Oo

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-24

christoofar Wrote:I tried uncertainty's workaround suggestion of importing the Addons folder from a newer build into mine, which seems to have brought scrapers back, but no viz.
Still don't see any Addons option in Confluence, tho'..Oo

Systems\Add Ons - about half way down list with Appearance, Video, Skin, System etc in it.