Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- >>X<< - 2009-11-26

ashlar Wrote:Well, with CoreAVC subtitles don't matter. That's using CUDA not DXVA. It's less efficient, but still more efficient than CPU decoding. Caveat: it only works for AVC content (h264, x264, etc.) not VC-1 (found on many BluRays).

But isn't VRM9 Renderless still involved, if you look at the graph below when using this with CoreAVC you still see VRM9 Renderless present ?

tiben20

I think my brightness issues are related to VRM9 Renderless on my system tried with the standalone version of DSPlayer and got the same results, I'll come back to this when I've built my new system assuming smb is working

Great steps anyway didn't expect anything like this in XBMC this soon

- Dannydeman - 2009-11-26

I put CoreAVCDeconder.ax in the dsplayer folder. In the dsfilterconfig.xml file, I changed the mpcvideodec AX file to CoreAVCDeconder.ax. Still is choppy as hell, so I think it won't recognize it. Is there anything I did, that is in fact wrong? Forced the MPC-HC player to use CoreAVC, and it works great with CUDA, so the codec is configured well.
Or do I need to change the GUID?

This is what I have now:

<filter name="mpcvideodec" type="videodec">
<path>CoreAVCDecoder.ax</path>
<guid>{008BAC12-FBAF-497B-9670-BC6F6FBAE2C4}</guid>
</filter>

ok, this is a little strange. Managed to get the codec to be detected/used. CUDA is enabled (green icon) but the video is still very choppy. The CPU usage (windowed) mode is just around 25%? How is this possible?

This is the code I use btw:
<filter name="coreavcdec" type="videodec">
<path>C:\Program Files\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax</path>
<guid>{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}</guid>
</filter>

(guid = the clsid from the register)

Edit: playing the same files with mplayer is all fine, in the dsplayer it isn't. Vertical sync is set to 'Always On' and in fullscreen same problem. I also can't manage to get the fileinfo (blackbar with FPS) to appear. WHat key do I need to press? I also disabled Aero, and that didn't help either.

- jacky89 - 2009-11-26

tiben20 Wrote:http://www.easy-share.com/1908528457/XBMCSetup-Rev24844-dx.exe
i know the name rev version is the same as previous one i guest svn rev didnt updated

I just installed this version on my Nvidia Ion machine and I still get the same choppy playback with 1080p media. Do I need to enable certain settings?

Ok, I think I was kinda naive. CoreAVC also needs EVR in Vista/W7 to have smooth playback. I also think the CUDA stuff is much worse then DXVA. Killasampla doesn't work with CUDA, and the jitter is -80MS instead of -4 with a DXVA codec.

So, for now I change back to the external player, and wait for a W7 version/subtitles Smile

- tiben20 - 2009-11-26

Dannydeman Wrote:ok, this is a little strange. Managed to get the codec to be detected/used. CUDA is enabled (green icon) but the video is still very choppy. The CPU usage (windowed) mode is just around 25%? How is this possible?

This is the code I use btw:
<filter name="coreavcdec" type="videodec">
<path>C:\Program Files\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax</path>
<guid>{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}</guid>
</filter>

(guid = the clsid from the register)

Edit: playing the same files with mplayer is all fine, in the dsplayer it isn't. Vertical sync is set to 'Always On' and in fullscreen same problem. I also can't manage to get the fileinfo (blackbar with FPS) to appear. WHat key do I need to press? I also disabled Aero, and that didn't help either.

Common stop commenting on anything related to bad playback or choppy playback or what ever you can call that. If your using windows vista or windows 7 dont make any comments!

- jacky89 - 2009-11-27

I'm using it on a fresh Windows XP SP3 install and it doesn't seem to work. DSPlayer freezes when I try to run it. The default dvdplayer works perfectly though. I also installed Community Codec Pack but it doesn't help. What is required to get DSPlayer working? Thanks.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-27

jacky89 Wrote:I'm using it on a fresh Windows XP SP3 install and it doesn't seem to work. DSPlayer freezes when I try to run it. The default dvdplayer works perfectly though. I also installed Community Codec Pack but it doesn't help. What is required to get DSPlayer working? Thanks.

Well your not really helping right there. First of all i said over 1000 times you dont need any codec to run. second thing your not providing any info on which kind of file your trying to play over network also no debug log.

>>X<<' Wrote:But isn't VRM9 Renderless still involved, if you look at the graph below when using this with CoreAVC you still see VRM9 Renderless present ?
tiben20
I think my brightness issues are related to VRM9 Renderless on my system tried with the standalone version of DSPlayer and got the same results, I'll come back to this when I've built my new system assuming smb is working
Great steps anyway didn't expect anything like this in XBMC this soon
What do you mean by standalone dsplayer?

Just did a Really reallly early version which is able to render with evr
http://www.easy-share.com/1908546112/XBMCSetup-Rev25085-dx.exe
Dont need to tell me the video is totaly out of sync. I KNOW

- paco - 2009-11-27

Great work tiben20! It was nice to see DXVA working on my Windows 7 system. I look forward to your releases!

- McGilljam - 2009-11-27

I don't know what to say tiben20.

Your work is great. Nod

I follow this thread everyday to check your progress...

Keep up the good work and may all gods be with ye.

- nugentgl - 2009-11-27

Don't have anything to add, but I did want to stop in (again) and say thank you Tiben20 for your work.

- Dannydeman - 2009-11-27

wow nice job on the EVR so far Smile You really make amazing progress. Keep it up.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-27

Thank you all. I might be able to fix the video sync on my next day off. Wont be before monday. I only have one day of break a week.At least i did add rendering for win vista and win 7 this week great progress!!

- Dannydeman - 2009-11-27

What is the name of the developer doing the subtitle stuff? And does he have a topic (can't find it if he has).

- tiben20 - 2009-11-27

Dannydeman Wrote:What is the name of the developer doing the subtitle stuff? And does he have a topic (can't find it if he has).

Development thread!