Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- christoofar - 2010-03-24

steelman1991 Wrote:Systems\Add Ons - about half way down list with Appearance, Video, Skin, System etc in it.

I swear I searched every single place under System options to find it.Confused
Will try again after work.

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-24

christoofar Wrote:I swear I searched every single place under System options to find it.Confused
Will try again after work.

I'm assuming your using rev28772 (the most recent build) - cause it isn't in any of the others that I'm aware of.

- christoofar - 2010-03-24

steelman1991 Wrote:I'm assuming your using rev28772 (the most recent build) - cause it isn't in any of the others that I'm aware of.

oh, crap..well then that is it. I'm using an earlier build, cuz it's stable & everything works a treat. Guess I'll try a later one then & see.
Would like to check out the latest release, where everything is supposed to work again (scrapers & viz) but wanted to hear some feedback from other XP users first

christoofar Wrote:oh, crap..well then that is it. I'm using an earlier build, cuz it's stable & everything works a treat. Guess I'll try a later one then & see.
Would like to check out the latest release, where everything is supposed to work again (scrapers & viz) but wanted to hear some feedback from other XP users first

Be aware as with all these builds that they are/can be temperamental and problematic. For that reason I have decided to abandon using dsplayer for the moment - need a reasonably settled system for a while SWMBO is getting fed up with all the testing and no watching.

To be honest I have just set-up play via mpc-hc (external player) and its integration is so smooth I wish I had taken the time to set it up like this ages ago - would have saved myself a lot of grief.

I now have everything (HA, subtitles, chapter support, superb playback of all my material) that I need and access to it via the best front-end on the market - what more could one ask for?

Seriously for anyone at the moment who is looking for a stable environment to play their files with HA then the external player route is - well certainly in my the case - the way to go.

Keep up the good work Tiben and Seb. It's been fun.

- gcarter - 2010-03-24

Nah... sorry, but this build is VERY unstable on my Dell Zino HD! I found the scraper add-on options, however, when trying to select movie information, nothing happens (this a fresh installtion of the build as well).

Furthermore when trying to exit... XBMC hangs. Going back to the 10th March releases, which works perfectly for me

- indy5 - 2010-03-24

Speaking of weird stuff going on. I came home yesterday to view watch some tv content and xbmc was frozen. I killed the app and when I got back to the windows desktop there was a message about low disk space. My free space on C was actually at 0. My xbmc log file was 146 GB.

I am currently running 28723.

- tslayer - 2010-03-24

May help if you actually told us what was in the log.

- indy5 - 2010-03-24

tslayer Wrote:May help if you actually told us what was in the log.

I appreciate the comment and I fully understand the need for that info, but I wasn't about to try to open a 146 GB file in notepad or any other text viewer. Not to mention that you can't really do anything on a machine with 0 free space on the system drive.

What I can do is monitor the system going forward and try and catch it before the file gets too big to handle.

No offloading - Roy47 - 2010-03-24

I have installed 28772 on my Revo 3610 and dont seem to be getting any video off loading. Using DSplayer my cpu usage is approx 40% where it is only 18% using DVDplayer. Is there anything else I need to do apart from run the XBMC setup prog

Roy

- yunti - 2010-03-24

indy5 Wrote:What I can do is monitor the system going forward and try and catch it before the file gets too big to handle.

"going forward" -been to too many corporate meetings recently?

- oldpainless - 2010-03-24

Hi Tiben\Seb,

Not tried the latest build yet (away on business)...so looking forward to trying it at the weekend.

So, after things settle down with the new merge - whats next on the dev roadmap?

Keep up the good work chaps!

K

- kawasabi - 2010-03-24

steelman1991 Wrote:Be aware as with all these builds that they are/can be temperamental and problematic. For that reason I have decided to abandon using dsplayer for the moment - need a reasonably settled system for a while SWMBO is getting fed up with all the testing and no watching.

To be honest I have just set-up play via mpc-hc (external player) and its integration is so smooth I wish I had taken the time to set it up like this ages ago - would have saved myself a lot of grief.

I now have everything (HA, subtitles, chapter support, superb playback of all my material) that I need and access to it via the best front-end on the market - what more could one ask for?

Seriously for anyone at the moment who is looking for a stable environment to play their files with HA then the external player route is - well certainly in my the case - the way to go.

Keep up the good work Tiben and Seb. It's been fun.

Followed this thread and tried to get my XBMC on my XP x86 SP3 to work but could't set it up like i would like to. There was always something that didn't work like it should.
You guys do a great job on improving, keep it up!

But if you would like to share how you got MPC-HC as external player with XBMC working would be great.

kawasabi Wrote:Followed this thread and tried to get my XBMC on my XP x86 SP3 to work but could't set it up like i would like to. There was always something that didn't work like it should.
You guys do a great job on improving, keep it up!

But if you would like to share how you got MPC-HC as external player with XBMC working would be great.

I certainly would but not on this thread (that's hijacking of the highest order). I will start a new thread and link to it from here. (probably won't get anything up until later tonight - bear with me, watching tonight rather than tinkering). Big Grin

- kawasabi - 2010-03-24

steelman1991 Wrote:I certainly would but not on this thread (that's hijacking of the highest order). I will start a new thread and link to it from here. (probably won't get anything up until later tonight - bear with me, watching tonight rather than tinkering). Big Grin

Yeah that would be a bit off topic.
Great, i'll be here watching Smile

Broadcom Crystal HD card in DS Player - Sno Crash - 2010-03-24

I posted a question on the Broadcom thread a while back, but it seems to be a dead topic. I'm wondering if I missed something - did the GL builds end in favor of the DS player? Is Broadcom support phased out in XBMC?

Any rate, I tried out the DS player build with the Broadcom Crystal HD, and cannot get video to play in XBMC.

(1) MediaPlayer Classic Home Cinema will play my videos correctly, and will use the Broadcom card.
(2) I used GraphStudio to connect to MPHC and see the filters being used. I grabbed all the filter IDs and built my dsfilterconfig.xml file.
(3) Here's my dsfilterconfig section for MKVs, for example.

<rule filetype="mkv">
<source>mkvsource</source>
<splitter>haali</splitter>
<video>broadcomvideodecoder</video>
<audio>mpaaudiodec</audio>
</rule>

MKvsource is the built in MKVsplitter that comes with XBMC. Haali is my registered filter for Haali.

Is there any reason why the Broadcom card would not work?

I've tried on MPEG2, VC-1, and H264 videos, all with the same result.