Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- furii - 2010-03-24

tslayer Wrote:May help if you actually told us what was in the log.

if this is in regards to the huge log issue i posted about it in the dds thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=509844&postcount=165

- ssip96 - 2010-03-24

tiben20 Wrote:If you followed a little bit the trade you would know that its already a lot that subtitles are supported at all. Subtitles from ffdshow require postprocessing in order to use dxva. There is no way to fix this unless your willing to code for us.
Shocked
make no mistake- I am very grateful for XBMC and the dsplayer build in particular, and appreciate anyone who contribute for it.
and so i'm not complaining, i was merely asking if it's possible to do so, and i think you can understand that it's kinda hard to follow a 225 pages thread...

now i'd appriciate if you'd answered this one for me plz- just out of curiosity is it something that's being worked at all? or is it impossible to do so for many reasons i obviously do not understand?

therealjoeblow Wrote:With all due respect, what exactly is the problem with 30-40% CPUHuh

You're playing your material well with in the capability of your system - you should be happy, no? It's the people who are pegging their CPU at 100% and having choppy playback that would be of concern here.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
didn't say there's a problem it's just that when i saw that it needed triple the cpu power just to play subs i was wandering if i did something wrong is all.
also havn't tried 1080p yet and i'm concern that would really spike up my cpu which would cause choppy playback as you've motioned.

- christoofar - 2010-03-24

steelman1991 Wrote:I certainly would but not on this thread (that's hijacking of the highest order). I will start a new thread and link to it from here. (probably won't get anything up until later tonight - bear with me, watching tonight rather than tinkering). Big Grin

that would be great! Would like to try out using an external player also.

Cheers

now go watch some TV! :p

- blinkseb - 2010-03-24

Sno Crash Wrote:I posted a question on the Broadcom thread a while back, but it seems to be a dead topic. I'm wondering if I missed something - did the GL builds end in favor of the DS player? Is Broadcom support phased out in XBMC?

Any rate, I tried out the DS player build with the Broadcom Crystal HD, and cannot get video to play in XBMC.

(1) MediaPlayer Classic Home Cinema will play my videos correctly, and will use the Broadcom card.
(2) I used GraphStudio to connect to MPHC and see the filters being used. I grabbed all the filter IDs and built my dsfilterconfig.xml file.
(3) Here's my dsfilterconfig section for MKVs, for example.

<rule filetype="mkv">
<source>mkvsource</source>
<splitter>haali</splitter>
<video>broadcomvideodecoder</video>
<audio>mpaaudiodec</audio>
</rule>

MKvsource is the built in MKVsplitter that comes with XBMC. Haali is my registered filter for Haali.

Is there any reason why the Broadcom card would not work?

I've tried on MPEG2, VC-1, and H264 videos, all with the same result.

If you want to use Haali, you need to set it for both source & splitter. The splitter filter is inserted only when playing from rar file or when the source filter can't load the file.

Otherwise, without a log file, no answer is possible

steelman1991 Wrote:Be aware as with all these builds that they are/can be temperamental and problematic. For that reason I have decided to abandon using dsplayer for the moment - need a reasonably settled system for a while SWMBO is getting fed up with all the testing and no watching.

To be honest I have just set-up play via mpc-hc (external player) and its integration is so smooth I wish I had taken the time to set it up like this ages ago - would have saved myself a lot of grief.

I now have everything (HA, subtitles, chapter support, superb playback of all my material) that I need and access to it via the best front-end on the market - what more could one ask for?

Seriously for anyone at the moment who is looking for a stable environment to play their files with HA then the external player route is - well certainly in my the case - the way to go.

Keep up the good work Tiben and Seb. It's been fun.

To bad you left us only because mostly of external issue not directly connected to dsplayer

gcarter Wrote:Nah... sorry, but this build is VERY unstable on my Dell Zino HD! I found the scraper add-on options, however, when trying to select movie information, nothing happens (this a fresh installtion of the build as well).

Furthermore when trying to exit... XBMC hangs. Going back to the 10th March releases, which works perfectly for me

Not a DSPlayer issue.

Broadcom Crystal HD card in DS Player - Sno Crash - 2010-03-24

blinkseb Wrote:If you want to use Haali, you need to set it for both source & splitter. The splitter filter is inserted only when playing from rar file or when the source filter can't load the file.

I set Haali to Source and Splitter and tried again:

Here is what happens with a H264 MKV:
NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "Default DirectSound Device" to the graph
NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "Haali Media Splitter" to the graph
NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Successfully loaded file in the splitter
NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "Broadcom VideoDecoder" to the graph
NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "Mpa Decoder" to the graph
ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Xbmc VMR9 (Renderless)" from the graph
NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Default DirectSound Device" from the graph
NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Broadcom VideoDecoder" from the graph
NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Mpa Decoder" from the graph
NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Haali Media Splitter" from the graph
NOTICE: CDSPlayer::CloseFile DSPlayer is now closed

Here is what happens with a VC-1 MKV:
NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: SMPTE VC-1
ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg:: Decode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure
NOTICE: Successfully loaded F:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\dsfilterconfig.xml
NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "Default DirectSound Device" to the graph
NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "Haali Media Splitter" to the graph
NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "Broadcom VideoDecoder" to the graph
ERROR: CVMR9AllocatorPresenter::InitializeDevice AllocateSurfaceHelper returned:0x8876086c
ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Audio / Video error
Error in the video rendering chain.
Ensure that the audio/video stream is supported by your selected decoder and ensure that the decoder is properly configured.
ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFile failed to start this file with dsplayer Y:\Media\TV Shows\Life (2009)\Life (2009) - S01E01.mkv
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [Y:\Media\TV Shows\Life (2009)\Life (2009) - S01E01.mkv]
NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Broadcom VideoDecoder" from the graph
NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Xbmc VMR9 (Renderless)" from the graph
NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Default DirectSound Device" from the graph
NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Haali Media Splitter" from the graph
ERROR: exception in CApplication:Tonguerocess()

Thanks!

- nielsi - 2010-03-24

-- about the freezing remote bug: it appears only XBMC-specific commands don't get through (ie. XBMC ghostscript plugin commands). Keyboard commands keep working. Might have something to do with the commands being sent to a wrong window...?

indy5 Wrote:Speaking of weird stuff going on. I came home yesterday to view watch some tv content and xbmc was frozen. I killed the app and when I got back to the windows desktop there was a message about low disk space. My free space on C was actually at 0. My xbmc log file was 146 GB.

I am currently running 28723.

I had the same thing. Only a 5 gb log file. So people might want to check that if they use this build..

I'm relatively new to XBMC (came over from mediaportal), but I basically just want to be able to play some HD video on my Asus ION nettop. Could someone maybe briefly explain to me what the pros and cons are for using the DSPlayer and using (for example) MPC as an external player? I've spend most of the day trying to tweak this setup on my new nettop. But it looks like every time you solve one problem an other pops up. I wouldn't like to go to Linux for several reasons, what would you guys advise me to do to get a (relatively) stable ION media center on Windows that can play HD?

- blinkseb - 2010-03-24

Sno Crash Wrote:I set Haali to Source and Splitter and tried again:

Here is what happens with a H264 MKV:
ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
NOTICE: CDSPlayer::CloseFile DSPlayer is now closed

Here is what happens with a VC-1 MKV:
NOTICE: Successfully loaded F:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\dsfilterconfig.xml
ERROR: CVMR9AllocatorPresenter::InitializeDevice AllocateSurfaceHelper returned:0x8876086c
ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Audio / Video error
Error in the video rendering chain.
Ensure that the audio/video stream is supported by your selected decoder and ensure that the decoder is properly configured.
ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFile failed to start this file with dsplayer Y:\Media\TV Shows\Life (2009)\Life (2009) - S01E01.mkv
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [Y:\Media\TV Shows\Life (2009)\Life (2009) - S01E01.mkv]
ERROR: exception in CApplication:Tonguerocess()

Thanks!

Please enable debug in XBMC. We can't read a log like that. And next time, please post the entire log to pastebin for example, not only a fragment Wink

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-24

blinkseb Wrote:If you want to use Haali, you need to set it for both source & splitter. The splitter filter is inserted only when playing from rar file or when the source filter can't load the file.

To bad you left us only because mostly of external issue not directly connected to dsplayer

Seb - gone but not forgotten, will pop in from time see how things progress - just that I do all my testing on the main TV, don't have a seperate rig/Monitor to keep testing. Domestic harmony taking precedence Big Grin I really appreciate where you and Tiben are taking this branch, just that I need something a little more stable at the moment.

Broadcom Crystal HD card in DS Player - Sno Crash - 2010-03-24

blinkseb Wrote:Please enable debug in XBMC. We can't read a log like that. And next time, please post the entire log to pastebin for example, not only a fragment Wink

Ok, I put a pastebin here with full debug. Is this ok / readable? You think it makes sense?

http://pastebin.com/KZu7ZUVB

Thank you!

- steelman1991 - 2010-03-25

kawasabi and christoofar and anyone else interested here's the link promised to thread on how to set-up an external player, using mpc-hc http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=511339#post511339

EDIT - Direct any questions on external playback to that thread - do not hijack this thread with questions off topic - Thanks

- tiben20 - 2010-03-25

nielsi Wrote:-- about the freezing remote bug: it appears only XBMC-specific commands don't get through (ie. XBMC ghostscript plugin commands). Keyboard commands keep working. Might have something to do with the commands being sent to a wrong window...?

I had the same thing. Only a 5 gb log file. So people might want to check that if they use this build..

I'm relatively new to XBMC (came over from mediaportal), but I basically just want to be able to play some HD video on my Asus ION nettop. Could someone maybe briefly explain to me what the pros and cons are for using the DSPlayer and using (for example) MPC as an external player? I've spend most of the day trying to tweak this setup on my new nettop. But it looks like every time you solve one problem an other pops up. I wouldn't like to go to Linux for several reasons, what would you guys advise me to do to get a (relatively) stable ION media center on Windows that can play HD?
DSPlayer look like this
and mpc-hc look like this.
The big difference that is making dsplayer not as good as mpc-hc is the stability. Integrating a directshow renderer in the xbmc code is far from being a piece of cake. Its much more complexe than just render into a window the video we have to deal with the entire cross platform restriction and many stuff in order to be able to compile it first. There also something that is not taken in consideration by everyone who keep saying its working in mpc-hc and not in dsplayer.To everyone which is saying that SHUT UP the project is really complexe. You cant compare mpc-hc to dsplayer when mpc-hc as been there since 2003-05-29 and i started dsplayer around 2009-11-15 give us some time.

- shankster - 2010-03-25

I gotta agree with tiben here, there is no need to come to this thread where people are working hard to make ds player work and say something else is working better.

MPC-HC is a great piece of software, but in no way shape or form does it replace the xbmc internal players.

The OSD, the visualizsations, the moving around to watch your other files while music/movies are playing int he background etc etc.

And for the people who think there is no need for ds player because dvd player is getting dxva, know that dsplayer is the only way to get hd audio bitstreamed with XBMC.

So keep up the good job guys and know that the big mass of "happy" people unfortunately are silent. Dont get discouraged Big Grin

- christoofar - 2010-03-25

I really didn't see anyone trashing the great work Tiben & Seb are doing here. Everyone has different hardware setup, different skill levels, etc.
For some it's easy to setup & config external stuff, for others (like me) I'm lost on most of it. That is why I really appreciate the dsplayer builds - even for dummies like me, it's pretty darn easy to set up & get working!

- Sylus - 2010-03-25

Well I tested 28772 on win7. I had no problems at all. No problem to use dvdplayer or dsplayer for all my movies. However, I have to admit I mainly have mkv h264 and avi xvid.
The installation was without problems, no needs to change anything in the dsfilterconfig.
As my folders contain nfo. I had no problems with the scrapping. However, you have to activate the scrapper in order to be able to set the content of the folders.

Stable ver below 28720 - lengis - 2010-03-25

Hi,

Haven't been following this thread for some time. Could someone please recommend a stable ver below 28720 (because of the database/library upgrade)

Not gonna use it for DXVA, wanna try to use ffdshow within XBMC for 1080p stuff on an old box where XBMC (DVDPlayer) can't quite handle 1080p but it works fine using Zoomplayer and ffdshow. (C2D 1,8 + Intel GPU)

Regards

Lengis