Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- oldpainless - 2010-03-25

shankster Wrote:So keep up the good job guys and know that the big mass of "happy" people unfortunately are silent. Dont get discouraged Big Grin

+1 - thats the general thing with forums, most people only post because they have a problem, so by a forums very nature it looks like a lot of people have issues.

I'm using Rev28622-dx.exe as my main rig, and I would not change to any other setup for all the tea in china. I'll switch to a new build when the trunk merge bugs have been dealt with (I doubt it will take Tiben and Seb long).

Keep up the good work guys! Nod

K

- hannisen - 2010-03-25

I think the latest build works very well for the most part, there are some minor issues, but nothing I can't live with.

The fact that program plugins doesn't work is not really a dsplayer issue, is it?

hannisen Wrote:I think the latest build works very well for the most part, there are some minor issues, but nothing I can't live with.

The fact that program plugins doesn't work is not really a dsplayer issue, is it?

What issues do you have?...have you posted them?...if Tiben\Seb don't know, they can't fix them

I think the program plugins is a main trunk bug.

K

- hannisen - 2010-03-25

I think all the issues I'm having are main trunk issues, which is a very good thing, and they have all been mentioned before (remote control stops working, stay in memory with 25% cpu usage on exit).

hannisen Wrote:I think all the issues I'm having are main trunk issues, which is a very good thing, and they have all been mentioned before (remote control stops working, stay in memory with 25% cpu usage on exit).

Ok...well...I got back from my trip early....so gonna now try the latest build....

K

UPDATE - installed latest build - VERY NICE.....even MILKDROP is WORKING!!! LaughLaughLaughRofl

Well done guys!

- nielsi - 2010-03-25

Thanks Tiben! I understand the idea now Smile I thought that using MPC maybe meant you could just use the engine behind this software in XBMC, but I guess it's just starting a complete new application. I'm sure you'll be able to hide the seekbar and stuff but the integrated DSplayer is obviously a much more elegant solution.

To those who are willing to experiment; I had a clean install of the latest DSplayer integreted XBMC build, but it was just too buggy to be useful for me. Than I installed the latest XBMC svn build on top of it (just desperate to try something out Oo) and it now appears all those earlier bugs are gone and the DSplayer still in tact and working Eek

I've been using it for a few hours now, trying to break it, but it seems very stable. No dead remote bugs, no 4gb logfiles, no losing audio after pause anymore.

An unorthodox install, perhaps just coincidental circumstances, but maybe this weird fix (for me) can provide the developers some useful info.

nielsi Wrote:Thanks Tiben! I understand the idea now Smile I thought that using MPC maybe meant you could just use the engine behind this software in XBMC, but I guess it's just starting a complete new application. I'm sure you'll be able to hide the seekbar and stuff but the integrated DSplayer is obviously a much more elegant solution.

To those who are willing to experiment; I had a clean install of the latest DSplayer integreted XBMC build, but it was just too buggy to be useful for me. Than I installed the latest XBMC svn build on top of it (just desperate to try something out Oo) and it now appears all those earlier bugs are gone and the DSplayer still in tact and working Eek

I've been using it for a few hours now, trying to break it, but it seems very stable. No dead remote bugs, no 4gb logfiles, no losing audio after pause anymore.

An unorthodox install, perhaps just coincidental circumstances, but maybe this weird fix (for me) can provide the developers some useful info.

Which SVN did you use? the 1st March nightly? Just curious...

K

- christoofar - 2010-03-25

I've been using older R28363 dx build for several weeks now & besides no viz is rock steady stable on XP Pro SP3 32

- tiben20 - 2010-03-25

For everyone who are following the thread let me show something.
After several months i tryed many times to incorporate subtitles in xbmc and this is really a big piece of work to just make it compile. Yesterday i finally got the for the first time receiving a simple text line from a filter into xbmc. Big Grin

- chunk1982 - 2010-03-25

i had to leave the dsplayer build of xbmc few weeks ago as it didnt play most of my movies but now im using R58511 march 10th (latest couple break play back again) with a fresh install of win 7 ult 32 and its doing well
just one thing i dont understand (now trust me im not complaining!!!!) in the early releases of dsplayer on a 1080p movie i was using on average bout 6-18% cpu but in this later release playing the same 1080p movie uses about 60-75% cpu, how come?
im only asking as my cpu is only a AMD athlon 64 3000+ (1.8ghz) and would like to remove as much stress from it as possible

keep up the cracking work lads

paul

- Sylus - 2010-03-25

chunk1982 Wrote:i had to leave the dsplayer build of xbmc few weeks ago as it didnt play most of my movies but now im using R58511 march 10th (latest couple break play back again) with a fresh install of win 7 ult 32 and its doing well
just one thing i dont understand (now trust me im not complaining!!!!) in the early releases of dsplayer on a 1080p movie i was using on average bout 6-18% cpu but in this later release playing the same 1080p movie uses about 60-75% cpu, how come?
im only asking as my cpu is only a AMD athlon 64 3000+ (1.8ghz) and would like to remove as much stress from it as possible

keep up the cracking work lads

paul

Maybe you use ffdshow without dxva. So you use ffdshow but only with software rendering

- christoofar - 2010-03-25

tiben20 Wrote:For everyone who are following the thread let me show something.
After several months i tryed many times to incorporate subtitles in xbmc and this is really a big piece of work to just make it compile. Yesterday i finally got the for the first time receiving a simple text line from a filter into xbmc. Big Grin

whoa..VERY big news! For me this is the last piece of the puzzle for Perfection!
Smile

- >>X<< - 2010-03-25

tiben20

Whats happening as far as XP is concerned as its always worked beautifully since day 1 but since a few builds back its not working, just wondered if we are going to see a working version any time soon ?

- shankster - 2010-03-25

tiben20 Wrote:After several months i tryed many times to incorporate subtitles in xbmc and this is really a big piece of work to just make it compile. Yesterday i finally got the for the first time receiving a simple text line from a filter into xbmc. Big Grin

Victory!

- blinkseb - 2010-03-25

Sno Crash Wrote:Ok, I put a pastebin here with full debug. Is this ok / readable? You think it makes sense?

http://pastebin.com/KZu7ZUVB

Thank you!

You're using revision 27519, it's a bit old, don't you think? Try updating!