Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- nielsi - 2010-03-25

oldpainless Wrote:Which SVN did you use? the 1st March nightly? Just curious...

K

Yes. The March 1st one. So far still so good..
Only the half second weird windows behaviour on entering the movies library is still there.. which seems logical since it's an issue in that build.

A bit off topic I guess but maybe someone can give me an answer in one reply/link to a thread I overlooked: is it possible for mp3 files to use the ffdshow audio decoder with a change in an xml file? I'd like to upmix stereo to 5.1.

- oldpainless - 2010-03-25

nielsi Wrote:Yes. The March 1st one. So far still so good..
Only the half second weird windows behaviour on entering the movies library is still there.. which seems logical since it's an issue in that build.

A bit off topic I guess but maybe someone can give me an answer in one reply/link to a thread I overlooked: is it possible for mp3 files to use the ffdshow audio decoder with a change in an xml file? I'd like to upmix stereo to 5.1.

Ok...I dont see how you can overwrite a dsplayer build with an svn nightly build and for dsplayer to be still present...does not make any sense to me..but there you go..lol Rofl

K

- tiben20 - 2010-03-25

>>X<<' Wrote:tiben20

Whats happening as far as XP is concerned as its always worked beautifully since day 1 but since a few builds back its not working, just wondered if we are going to see a working version any time soon ?
are you able to tell me exactly which rev changed from working to broken exactly that would save me a lot of time to see which commit broken the player

- nielsi - 2010-03-25

oldpainless Wrote:Ok...I dont see how you can overwrite a dsplayer build with an svn nightly build and for dsplayer to be still present...does not make any sense to me..but there you go..lol Rofl

K

I know Smile I am obviously missing the DSplayer settings screen. I don't know to what extent the settings may have survived the overwrite.. But at least HD playback is smooth now on the ION system so I'm not complaining Smile

- katalm - 2010-03-25

im having trouble with dsplayer,when i start xbmc and start playing som music and when i whant to watch a movie or a tv show xbmc freaze and i have to instal xbmc again to get the movie playSad
also having some trouble with pause/play when watching a movie or a tvshow, the sound is acting weird and sometimes the picture also lag and is "squeary" it goes back to normal if i rewind abit.

added a log from the crash: http://pastebin.com/7WV1qmFV

log number 2 : http://pastebin.com/PJcD9z7k

- zoing - 2010-03-25

katalm Wrote:im having trouble with dsplayer,when i start xbmc and start playing som music and when i whant to watch a movie or a tv show xbmc freaze and i have to instal xbmc again to get the movie playSad
also having some trouble with pause/play when watching a movie or a tvshow, the sound is acting weird and sometimes the picture also lag and is "squeary" it goes back to normal if i rewind abit.

added a log from the crash: http://pastebin.com/7WV1qmFV

please provide a debug log so Tiben or Seb can look into this.

to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System.

- katalm - 2010-03-25

zoing Wrote:please provide a debug log so Tiben or Seb can look into this.

to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System.

the logs ive added are the only ones that i have. xbmc frezes so i have to "ctrl,alt,del. to close it, so it dosnt add a debug file in "apdata/roaming/xbmc" folder Sad

- oldpainless - 2010-03-25

Tiben\Seb,

Looks to me as though the branch that you have merged with in the lastest build has some issues with ff and trailers (high CPU after watching a trailer which then makes the build nearly non-responsive)...have you checked yourslelf?

Whilst it may not be a dsplayer issue, it does affect the useability of the release.

K

Also, just a thought - have you considered asking for volunteers for both xp and win7/vista users for testing specfic elements of functionality?....such as send them a patch for viz, or ff, - get the feedback/log, fix, send another patch etc....then when all bits are tested and working...put the build out for general testing...get the picture?....

I you do, put me down for testing auto refresh rate change on win7 32bit (it's close to my heart - as is PQ, so they kinda go hand in hand...and this now crashes everytime it changes the refresh rate on win7 32)......like I said, just a thought.

- blinkseb - 2010-03-25

katalm Wrote:the logs ive added are the only ones that i have. xbmc frezes so i have to "ctrl,alt,del. to close it, so it dosnt add a debug file in "apdata/roaming/xbmc" folder Sad

Can't you read the log ?

Code:
DShowUtil::LoadExternalObject CreateInstance on IClassFactory failed! (hr : 0x80004002). If you use ffdshow, please check if XBMC is in the white list!

What the point to add those things if no one take the time to read?!

- blinkseb - 2010-03-25

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben\Seb,

Looks to me as though the branch that you have merged with in the lastest build has some issues with ff and trailers (high CPU after watching a trailer which then makes the build nearly non-responsive)...have you checked yourslelf?

Whilst it may not be a dsplayer issue, it does affect the useability of the release.

K

We are just involved in dsplayer dev., not in the trunk. Maybe it affect the overral quality, but don't forget we just give preview build ti everyone in order to test, not using it for an everyday use!

Quote:Also, just a thought - have you considered asking for volunteers for both xp and win7/vista users for testing specfic elements of functionality?....such as send them a patch for viz, or ff, - get the feedback/log, fix, send another patch etc....then when all bits are tested and working...put the build out for general testing...get the picture?....

I you do, put me down for testing auto refresh rate change on win7 32bit (it's close to my heart - as is PQ, so they kinda go hand in hand...and this now crashes everytime it changes the refresh rate on win7 32)......like I said, just a thought.

We need to talk about that Tiben & I, but it's not planned yet.Maybe when all features are in the player, but for now, we have too much to do.

And for the auto refresh rate, can you repost a log with the last rev. If you are in true fullscreen, please test in fake fullscreen (doesn't work in true fullscreen for now)

- ehrnst - 2010-03-25

So, i now have the latet release.
and as anonther says, cpu load is quite high. my asrock is around 45% in a 720p, no action video

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-03-25

tiben20 Wrote:are you able to tell me exactly which rev changed from working to broken exactly that would save me a lot of time to see which commit broken the player

I think your find its probably Rev28016 that worked ok I cant give you a more accurate idea than that as I tend to stick with whatever versions is working well trouble is I cant tell you what revision that was as I lost my XP install and the next versions I used are all after and including Rev28511 which havent worked at all in XP

therealjoeblow might be able to confirm or give you a better idea where things really change and stopped working

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-25

tiben20 Wrote:are you able to tell me exactly which rev changed from working to broken exactly that would save me a lot of time to see which commit broken the player

For me, on WinXP x86 SP3:

-Rev28016: worked perfectly, dxva with ffdshowdxva, software with ffdshow; subtitles in both (using ffdshow), playback quality is perfect with VMR9, no tearing, no quality issues, rock-solid stable, no crashes.

-Rev28149: playback works fine as above, but I lost subtitles in this version, so I reverted back to 28016 because I need them quite often.

-Rev28363, Rev28511, Rev28622 - none of these playback anything at all, (xvid in avi, x264 in mkv), xbmc just freezes immediately upon trying to start playback with dsplayer. I posted logs a couple of times. Taskmanager shows that xbmc is still doing something as the exact CPU allocation jumps around a bit, and memory useage goes up and down, but the player never actually engages, and xbmc user interface just sits there dead till I kill the task.

-I haven't tried anything newer than that because of the incompatibility with the database, and I can't afford to go there just now.

[EDIT]: I just tried Rev28772 on another machine with WinXP32, and it's still failing for me with both xvid.avi and x264.mkv. When I select "play with dsplayer", I get a small icon in the lower right saying "working" with a revolving arrow, and the player never comes up, and xbmc never becomes responsive again, I have to kill the task. Here are the logs:

xvid.avi
http://pastebin.com/R1mkMH5E

x264.mkv
http://pastebin.com/666p1qR3

Still no love here :-(

DVDPlayer works fine with this release though.

The REAL Joe

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- tiben20 - 2010-03-26

therealjoeblow Wrote:For me, on WinXP x86 SP3:

-Rev28016: worked perfectly, dxva with ffdshowdxva, software with ffdshow; subtitles in both (using ffdshow), playback quality is perfect with VMR9, no tearing, no quality issues, rock-solid stable, no crashes.

-Rev28149: playback works fine as above, but I lost subtitles in this version, so I reverted back to 28016 because I need them quite often.

-Rev28363, Rev28511, Rev28622 - none of these playback anything at all, (xvid in avi, x264 in mkv), xbmc just freezes immediately upon trying to start playback with dsplayer. I posted logs a couple of times. Taskmanager shows that xbmc is still doing something as the exact CPU allocation jumps around a bit, and memory useage goes up and down, but the player never actually engages, and xbmc user interface just sits there dead till I kill the task.

-I haven't tried anything newer than that because of the incompatibility with the database, and I can't afford to go there just now.

[EDIT]: I just tried Rev28772 on another machine with WinXP32, and it's still failing for me with both xvid.avi and x264.mkv. When I select "play with dsplayer", I get a small icon in the lower right saying "working" with a revolving arrow, and the player never comes up, and xbmc never becomes responsive again, I have to kill the task. Here are the logs:

xvid.avi
http://pastebin.com/R1mkMH5E

x264.mkv
http://pastebin.com/666p1qR3

Still no love here :-(

DVDPlayer works fine with this release though.

The REAL Joe

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Can you confirm that the bug is really comming from the true fullscreen of direct3d. From here its what i see if i start a video windowed its working perfectly

- tiben20 - 2010-03-26

*/"!$"/?%$/"*%"
After many rev test i finally found which one causing the problem
Code:
Fullscreen Test
28615 Working
28616 Working
28666 working
28694 working
28697 working
28699 working
28706 working