Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

rar playback - djlinz6 - 2010-03-26

just a quick question about rar playback

I'm using rev 28016 since i have the same playback problems in the newer versions as therealjoeblow

do i have to do anything special to enable rar playback? ...since the developers stated a few pages back that it should be working. i have configured avi and mkv to use ffdshow, but do i need to create a rar file type in the rules? it just crashes every time. in the debug log it says "need a custom source filter" so i guess i am doing something wrong! i know on the wiki it says you need a different source and splitter for rar files, but im not sure what the source for rar files should be? i'm a bit lost...

debug log:

http://pastebin.com/tTW1as3H

thanks in advance for any help Smile sorry if this is a stupid question!

- tiben20 - 2010-03-26

djlinz6 Wrote:just a quick question about rar playback

I'm using rev 28016 since i have the same playback problems in the newer versions as therealjoeblow

do i have to do anything special to enable rar playback? ...since the developers stated a few pages back that it should be working. i have configured avi and mkv to use ffdshow, but do i need to create a rar file type in the rules? it just crashes every time. in the debug log it says "need a custom source filter" so i guess i am doing something wrong! i know on the wiki it says you need a different source and splitter for rar files, but im not sure what the source for rar files should be? i'm a bit lost...

debug log:

http://pastebin.com/tTW1as3H

thanks in advance for any help Smile sorry if this is a stupid question!
You should take a look at your debug log just a sec and read where you see
Quote:DVDPlayer: Opening: rar://C%3a%5cDocuments%20and%20Settings%5cRich%5cMy%20Documents%5cNew%20Folder%5cThe%2eSimpsons%2eS21E01%2eHDTV%2eXViD%2dFQM%2epart01%2erar/The.Simpsons.S21E01.HDTV.XViD-FQM.avi

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-26

tiben20 Wrote:Can you confirm that the bug is really comming from the true fullscreen of direct3d. From here its what i see if i start a video windowed its working perfectly

OK, I did manage to get 28622 running on WinXP32 on another one of my rigs, with an ATI 3200HD (onboard 780g chipset), only it has horrible tearing, basically unusable. A simple reinstall of 28016 over it gives me perfect video playback again, so, unfortunately, whatever you did since then has either screwed playback completely for me in one of 2 ways (ie, it won't load the player at all as previously described on some rigs, or with such horrible screen tearing, it's not usable).

Like I said several times before, 28016 is *perfect*

The REAL Joe

- tiben20 - 2010-03-26

therealjoeblow Wrote:OK, I did manage to get 28622 running on WinXP32 on another one of my rigs, with an ATI 3200HD (onboard 780g chipset), only it has horrible tearing, basically unusable. A simple reinstall of 28016 over it gives me perfect video playback again, so, unfortunately, whatever you did since then has either screwed playback completely for me in one of 2 ways (ie, it won't load the player at all as previously described on some rigs, or with such horrible screen tearing, it's not usable).

Like I said several times before, 28016 is *perfect*

The REAL Joe
I just found the problem with the damn direct3d fullscreen in the latest builds. I wasted around 4 or 5 hours to figure out what was causing this. Technically a default fresh installation would result in a xbmc freezing that can't be worst :S
You can stay with 28016 right now because there a lot of coding that is being done right now for the subtitles. The internal subtitles will speed up a lot dxva with subtitles.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-26

tiben20 Wrote:I just found the problem with the damn direct3d fullscreen in the latest builds. I wasted around 4 or 5 hours to figure out what was causing this. Technically a default fresh installation would result in a xbmc freezing that can't be worst :S
You can stay with 28016 right now because there a lot of coding that is being done right now for the subtitles. The internal subtitles will speed up a lot dxva with subtitles.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what changed over the past few weeks with the renderer to cause this bad tearing, but it's exactly what I see when I use *any* of the VMR9 modes with any other player (ZoomPlayer, MPC, PowerDVD, etc). If I use plain old Overlay Mixer or VMR7 with any of those players, then the image looks perfect as it did with 28016 and older.

Would it be possible for you to add the Overlay mixer as a renderer option? DXVA works fine with it, I'm not sure why people ever use VMR9, I've had nothing but problems with it on any rig I've ever had since it was first introduced with XP...

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- djlinz6 - 2010-03-26

tiben20 Wrote:You should take a look at your debug log just a sec and read where you see

thanks for replying so quickly Smile

do you mean I was using the DVDplayer and not DSPlayer?

yes, you're correct! I tried to play the the first time with DVDPlayer, and it was fine... (just to test if rar plaback was working originally)

but.... then I tried it a second time with DSPlayer, and it crashed.

the log contained both attempts, I guess I shouldnt have posted the log from the DVDplayer.. sorry!!

heres one with just the crash from dsplayer

http://pastebin.com/ewf74zcV

- oldpainless - 2010-03-26

blinkseb Wrote:And for the auto refresh rate, can you repost a log with the last rev. If you are in true fullscreen, please test in fake fullscreen (doesn't work in true fullscreen for now)

I'm using in fake fullscreen - will post a debug log later today.

Cheers

K

question FFD and xbmc still not workin - stojo - 2010-03-26

Hello,

i have install fresh Win7 with newest nvida driver, ffdshow an Haali Mediasplitter. Then i install the dsplayer XBMC version.
I have configured the advancedsettings.. to use dsplayer.

When i now go to an movie an start it there comes an Windows up, that ask that an Programm want to use FFDShow. I can select allways "yes" and "dont ask again"

If i select this option on the right bottom page of XBMC the Working Cycle runs and runs and runs... XBMC give no response..

I have an ION Board Zotac IONITX-A-E with 4 GB Ram.
Someone an idea?

- Maciej_27 - 2010-03-26

Hey, if you can Tiben20 to version Rev28772-dx.exe and later insert a Scrapper filmweb.pl Smile

- Badguy - 2010-03-26

stojo Wrote:Hello,

i have install fresh Win7 with newest nvida driver, ffdshow an Haali Mediasplitter. Then i install the dsplayer XBMC version.
I have configured the advancedsettings.. to use dsplayer.

When i now go to an movie an start it there comes an Windows up, that ask that an Programm want to use FFDShow. I can select allways "yes" and "dont ask again"

If i select this option on the right bottom page of XBMC the Working Cycle runs and runs and runs... XBMC give no response..

I have an ION Board Zotac IONITX-A-E with 4 GB Ram.
Someone an idea?

Revision 28772 : I did the same thing with the configuration of FFDShow and the test video of xbmx-passion don't work :

FileInfo of hd3000.mkv with MediaInfo :

http://p178.phpnet.org/stock/samples/hd3000.mkv

Code:
Général
Nom complet                      : D:\Video\hd3000.mkv
Format                           : Matroska
Taille du fichier                : 14,4 Mio
Durée                            : 39s 623ms
Débit global moyen               : 3 046 Kbps
Application utilisée             : HandBrake 0.9.3

Vidéo
ID                               : 1
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Profil du format                 : [email protected]
Paramètres du format, CABAC      : Oui
Paramètres du format, RefFrames  : 2 images
Type de muxing                   : Container [email protected]
Identifiant du codec             : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Durée                            : 39s 583ms
Débit                            : 3 000 Kbps
Largeur                          : 1 280 pixels
Hauteur                          : 528 pixels
Format à l'écran                 : 2,40:1
Images par seconde               : 23,976 Im/s
Résolution                       : 8 bits
Colorimétrie                     : 4:2:0
Type d'image                     : Progressif
Bits/(Pixel*Image)               : 0.185
Taille du flux                   : 14,1 Mio (98%)
Bibliothèque utilisée            : x264 core 65
Paramètres d'encodage            : cabac=1 / ref=2 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=6 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=0 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=3000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
Coordonnées de chromaticité      : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4, SMPTE RP177
Charactéristiques du transfert   : BT.709-5, BT.1361
Coefficients de la matrice       : BT.709-5, BT.1361, IEC 61966-2-4 709, SMPTE RP177

Menu
00:00:00.000                     : Chapter  1

Log : http://pastebin.com/2dgPMiKK

Config :
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 build 2600
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Graphic Card : NVIDIA GForce 6150 - Pilot : 6.14.11.9562 - (11/20/2009)
1 Go Ram (2*512)

- ehrnst - 2010-03-26

Guys.

If i want to use the dsplayer version with no issues.

Wich rev. will you recomend?

(yes, same question once again, but i havent got a good ansver)

- Sylus - 2010-03-26

Well you just have to read page 230.

- ehrnst - 2010-03-26

cant say 016 is that much better.
Using win7 x64

- >>X<< - 2010-03-26

tiben20 Wrote:Can you confirm that the bug is really comming from the true fullscreen of direct3d. From here its what i see if i start a video windowed its working perfectly

Rev28511 and onward don't work for me in windowed or full screen however Rev28016 works fine in both full screen and windowed

Thanks for trying to find the problem not something I would like to have to do I'll look forward to a working release in the future

I was using a version that didn't have the all views bug when entering library as I'm using Xperience skin and it looks particularly bad with that skin, think the last version of xbmc that didn't have that bug was Rev27527

If you have a copy of the last build of DSPlayer based on Rev27527 I would be grateful if you could upload it as mine went when I lost XP Rolleyes

- liquidskin76 - 2010-03-26

Was just wondering if anyone else is seeing this...

When pausing/resuming, the vid skips around by a few frames. It makes the vid look like it's jumping when pausing/resuming.

Wanted to make sure it's not my end.

Cheers