Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2010-03-26

>>X<<' Wrote:Rev28511 and onward don't work for me in windowed or full screen however Rev28016 works fine in both full screen and windowed

Thanks for trying to find the problem not something I would like to have to do I'll look forward to a working release in the future

I was using a version that didn't have the all views bug when entering library as I'm using Xperience skin and it looks particularly bad with that skin, think the last version of xbmc that didn't have that bug was Rev27527

If you have a copy of the last build of DSPlayer based on Rev27527 I would be grateful if you could upload it as mine went when I lost XP Rolleyes
You could give a try to compile it its really easy with xbmc wiki.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-03-26

tiben20 Wrote:You could give a try to compile it its really easy with xbmc wiki.

Yes of course that's something I've always intended to learn but at the moment I haven't got time, didn't expect you to compile one for me just asked in case you kept copies of previous builds

I normally keep a copy of the one that works well just didn't get the chance before my system crashed Rolleyes

Think I was using Rev27581 if anyone has that save on their system could you PM me

Definitely will look at compiling my own though Smile

- christoofar - 2010-03-26

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes of course that's something I've always intended to learn but at the moment I haven't got time, didn't expect you to compile one for me just asked in case you kept copies of previous builds

I normally keep a copy of the one that works well just didn't get the chance before my system crashed Rolleyes

Think I was using Rev27581 if anyone has that save on their system could you PM me

Have you tried build 28363? I'm also on XP & this one has been working great for me for weeks now. I went back to it after having issues with several of the later biulds.
And it is still available on the link on the first page.

- mordim3r - 2010-03-26

Hi Guys I have this sort of problem in any version of XBMC with DSPlayer.

I have Win7 x64 with HD5850 gfx
I have my TV connected trough HDMI via HD5850.
HD5850 has audio device (ATI High Definition Audio Device).
I have also Asus Xonar DX audio card as my primary audio device used to music... games etc.
And here is my problem:
In XBMC settings I've selected this ATI device as my audio output in system settings and DSPlayer settings.
If I play movie trough DVDPlayer my sound plays well on my TV.
If I play movie trough DSPlayer whatever I select in options I have always a sound trough my primary audio (Asus Xonar). I cannot watch movies on my TV because of this.
Sound plays well when I select ATI device as primary, but this is annoying to switch this settings all the time.

Oh... and funny is that when I push O button to see system info when I play movie... there is an info that sound is trough ATI High Definition Audio device, but sound plays trough primary device

Any tip...? or this is a bug to fix?

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-03-26

christoofar Wrote:Have you tried build 28363? I'm also on XP & this one has been working great for me for weeks now. I went back to it after having issues with several of the later biulds.
And it is still available on the link on the first page.

Yes, but it has the all views bug when entering movie library (not dsplayer related) not that noticeable in other skins but in Xperience its annoying

- blinkseb - 2010-03-26

mordim3r Wrote:Hi Guys I have this sort of problem in any version of XBMC with DSPlayer.

I have also Asus Xonar DX audio card as my primary audio device used to music... games etc.
And here is my problem:
In XBMC settings I've selected this ATI device as my audio output in system settings and DSPlayer settings.
If I play movie trough DSPlayer whatever I select in options I have always a sound trough my primary audio (Asus Xonar). I cannot watch movies on my TV because of this.
Sound plays well when I select ATI device as primary, but this is annoying to switch this settings all the time.

Oh... and funny is that when I push O button to see system info when I play movie... there is an info that sound is trough ATI High Definition Audio device, but sound plays trough primary device

Thanks for the feedback? Can you post a log file? I've only one sound output so I can't test.

Does it work with mpc-hc?

- darthy001 - 2010-03-26

Hi,

just started using the latest build(28772) and have encountered the huge log problem.

Xbmc appears to work fine, but randomly hangs. Last time the program filled ut the harddrive with a 24gig logfile causing several other programs to malfunction(im not using a swapfile)...

For some reason all the xbmc-settings are lost also, thankfully the database is intact..

This has happened at least 3times now after watching 3different tv-showfiles, but I cannot seem to reproduce it now with the same files...

Im on win 7 64bit.
Intel core i5 750
Ati Radeon 5450

- hucruz - 2010-03-27

Hello,

Im running ths build 28772 and i wan't to use scrappers.

The problem is that XBMC can't find any scrapper, how i can add scrappers?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-27

hucruz Wrote:Hello,

Im running ths build 28772 and i wan't to use scrappers.

The problem is that XBMC can't find any scrapper, how i can add scrappers?

You can start by reading a few pages back in the thread.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-27

Ok so I am having the same issue as a lot of people here with the log going crazy and filling up people's file system. I also see that my CPU gets pretty high as well as the large logs even when using the DVDPlayer. So I started a movie for a few seconds and within that time and trying to close XBMC I received a 600M log. So the main thing that keeps repeating is the line:

19:56:03 T:4468 M:916283392 ERROR: JSONRPC Server: Select failed

That line repeated literally about 9 million times within a few seconds of the movie playing. So since I was only using DVDPlayer within this DSPlayer build I think it might be XBMC itself and not specifically the DSPlayer itself. This example was using an iso file which in corefactory I have using only DVDPlayer.

Here the full log with the repeating line cut off.
http://pastebin.com/4LU83jhx

Once this happens I cannot XBMC to close. I have to force close it. This is with 2 different machines both running Windows 7 x64. Does this look like a failed RPC call or something similar?

- tiben20 - 2010-03-27

SlaveUnit Wrote:Ok so I am having the same issue as a lot of people here with the log going crazy and filling up people's file system. I also see that my CPU gets pretty high as well as the large logs even when using the DVDPlayer. So I started a movie for a few seconds and within that time and trying to close XBMC I received a 600M log. So the main thing that keeps repeating is the line:

19:56:03 T:4468 M:916283392 ERROR: JSONRPC Server: Select failed

That line repeated literally about 9 million times within a few seconds of the movie playing. So since I was only using DVDPlayer within this DSPlayer build I think it might be XBMC itself and not specifically the DSPlayer itself. This example was using an iso file which in corefactory I have using only DVDPlayer.

Here the full log with the repeating line cut off.
http://pastebin.com/4LU83jhx

Once this happens I cannot XBMC to close. I have to force close it. This is with 2 different machines both running Windows 7 x64. Does this look like a failed RPC call or something similar?
If you want to avoid this to happen. Just disable the web server or something like that. I don't really remember exactly what but it shouldn't be hard i got it first shot with turning 2 or 3 options off.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-03-27

Ok thanks tiben20. Turning off "Allow Programs On This System To Control XBMC" fixed the high CPU usage and the large log file. This would make sense since this type of behavior would be calling for RPCs.

For anyone else wanting to this for their fix go to:
SYSTEM>NETWORK SETTINGS>SERVICES and uncheck "Allow Programs On This System To Control XBMC"

Good Results! - SikeMo - 2010-03-27

Hello Folks,

I have spent several hours today playing with this thing and think I finally have some good results! Playback looks beautiful and I have WASAPI audio working over HDMI with DSPlayer (had it before with DVDPlayer). I am using my rig primarily for music (FLACs) and movies (MKVs with FLAC audio). FWIW, I am using:

Win7 64-bit
Latest DSPlayer build 28772
EVGA nForce 780i mobo with quad-core intel
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 GPU with HDMI audio
HDMI-> Pioneer SC-05 receiver-> Panasonic P42G15 Plasma

After experimenting quite a bit, I have decidedly better video results with MPC over ffdshow. My processors run around 25-30% with ffdshow and only 10-14% with MPC. Additionally, I installed ReClock and have selected it as the audio renderer in the DSPlayer settings under "Videos - Settings". When I configured ReClock, I set the audio output to WASAPI and also enabled vsync for dxva (despite the fact that it's not recommended). So far so good. The audio is spit out over HDMI and my receiver takes care of the processing. The only problem I am having now is the occasional screen freeze.

Any suggestions for getting better results with ffdshow would be appreciated.

SikeMo

- perrikwp - 2010-03-27

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes of course that's something I've always intended to learn but at the moment I haven't got time, didn't expect you to compile one for me just asked in case you kept copies of previous builds

Here is a freshly compiled r27581. It's untested, so use it at your own risk, but it should work.

XBMCSetup-Rev27519-dx.exe

- mordim3r - 2010-03-27

mordim3r Wrote:Hi Guys I have this sort of problem in any version of XBMC with DSPlayer.

And here is my problem:

blinkseb Wrote:Thanks for the feedback? Can you post a log file? I've only one sound output so I can't test.

Does it work with mpc-hc?

Seb

here is my log

http://pastebin.com/MWregxGh

And yes in mpc-hc it works well, as well in other players including XBMC dvdplayer