Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- zilexa - 2010-03-28

Perhaps it's an idea to create a new thread purely for testers and devs. And another thread (or this one) for questions and stuff like questions/suggestions/remarks.

- TerranQ - 2010-03-28

First off, great work Tiben and blinkseb, I appreciate your hard work. I finally found a build that works for me, the one uploaded tonight. No crashes, video and audio both play flawlessly, but I had absolutely no images in xbmc itself. My log said "Unable to load special://xbmc/system/ImageLib.dll (14001)" multiple times. (didn't add debug log, as I checked it and this was the only error in it as well)

I'm assuming this is an error with the new build, as I copied the ImageLib.dll from a backup and replaced the one installed, and everything worked fine after that.

As well, the recently added script doesn't seem to work.

Running Windows 7x64

Thanks for all the great work

- oldpainless - 2010-03-28

Tiben\Seb,

ImageLib.dll error aside as mentioned above.

Tried the latest build - still crashing using auto refresh ratechange. - log here http://pastebin.com/PXSZhfX0

Observations:

When not in debug mode, crashes on every refresh change. What I mean is that say Im on 50hz, and I try to play a file that is 24hz, xbmc flickers as it changes the refresh rate to 24hz, then I get the win7 circle of death - non-responsive ring and I have to close the program. restart xcmc, of course, my display is now set at 24hz, so if I then go to play the any 24hz file, xbmc starts and plays the movie no problem. However, if I go to play a 25hz file, I end up in the same loop I described above - do you understand what I mean? Also, for some strange reason, cpu is about 10-30% playing 24hz files, but 70-80% for 25hz (pal) files...!! very odd.

However, in debug mode, cpu whilst browing movies is 100%, but it will switch refresh rates a few times before it crashes. In the log that I have posted, when the movie crashes, I get the non-responsive ring, but the audio is playing, but showing the libary on-screen.

I have tried to provide as much information as I can - I hope it helps.

K

EDIT - also I get an error id 3 - something about a log in app roaming. I'm in portable mode, and there are no xbmc files in app roaming.

Screenshot here: http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6087/crashxq.jpg

- blinkseb - 2010-03-28

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben\Seb,

ImageLib.dll error aside as mentioned above.

Tried the latest build - still crashing using auto refresh ratechange. - log here http://pastebin.com/PXSZhfX0

Observations:

When not in debug mode, crashes on every refresh change. What I mean is that say Im on 50hz, and I try to play a file that is 24hz, xbmc flickers as it changes the refresh rate to 24hz, then I get the win7 circle of death - non-responsive ring and I have to close the program. restart xcmc, of course, my display is now set at 24hz, so if I then go to play the any 24hz file, xbmc starts and plays the movie no problem. However, if I go to play a 25hz file, I end up in the same loop I described above - do you understand what I mean? Also, for some strange reason, cpu is about 10-30% playing 24hz files, but 70-80% for 25hz (pal) files...!! very odd.

However, in debug mode, cpu whilst browing movies is 100%, but it will switch refresh rates a few times before it crashes. In the log that I have posted, when the movie crashes, I get the non-responsive ring, but the audio is playing, but showing the libary on-screen.

I have tried to provide as much information as I can - I hope it helps.

K

Thanks for the feedback. From your log, it seems like the EVR still waits for the scheduler thread to exit, and that's not normal. I'll look at it!

blinkseb Wrote:Thanks for the feedback. From your log, it seems like the EVR still waits for the scheduler thread to exit, and that's not normal. I'll look at it!

Glad you were able to spot the error. Nod

K

- ehrnst - 2010-03-28

Wow
Today i woke up to a 25GB, xbmc log file!
I am using the latest release.

Du to the size i had to delete it. and i couldnt read it either, too large to open.

ehrnst Wrote:Wow
Today i woke up to a 25GB, xbmc log file!
I am using the latest release.

Du to the size i had to delete it. and i couldnt read it either, too large to open.

Are you using XBMCSetup-Rev28906-dx.exe?

K

- chunk1982 - 2010-03-28

i told tiben about there are no background or icons in this build last night but i didnt know about the refresh rate as i only have my tv set to its native res (1360x768@60hz)
but no one has mentioned another problem im having

screenshot doesnt work so had to use win7 snippet this is on the main home menu as im hovering over tv show

paul

EDITED:

thinking this may now infact be a skin issue sorry

- itssuresh - 2010-03-28

No its not a skin issue. Missing icons and backgrounds may be xbmc trunk issue or this dx build. I also installed this new dx version and lost backgrounds and icons.

- ehrnst - 2010-03-28

oldpainless:
No i see that i am using an earlier version, and that it is removed from the site.
Will try the latest

Seb,

Spent some more time with the new build....looks like what I said abou 24hz vs 25hz might be wrong. If I reboot the PC and play a file that is the same as the fresh rate of the display...all ok, and plays with low cpu usage. However, if then I play another other file after that, cpu usage is very high. So, its either a trunk issue, or something screwy going on with the EVR.

K

ehrnst Wrote:oldpainless:
No i see that i am using an earlier version, and that it is removed from the site.
Will try the latest

Ok, but do note the comments on tthe previous page about the image/libary issue with this build....you may want to wait until the next build.

K

- blinkseb - 2010-03-28

oldpainless Wrote:Seb,

Spent some more time with the new build....looks like what I said abou 24hz vs 25hz might be wrong. If I reboot the PC and play a file that is the same as the fresh rate of the display...all ok, and plays with low cpu usage. However, if then I play another other file after that, cpu usage is very high. So, its either a trunk issue, or something screwy going on with the EVR.

K

Nothing has changed in the EVR since a long time, so it's probably related to the merge.

I'll upload a new build in the next hour wich should fixed library issues

blinkseb Wrote:Nothing has changed in the EVR since a long time, so it's probably related to the merge.

I'll upload a new build in the next hour wich should fixed library issues

Ok...I've tried different skins....and that has an effect on the cpu usage whilst the movie plays...so, I think you are right - its down to the trunk you have merged with.

But. as you have picked up, there is an issue with the evr and auto refresh rate change?

K

UPDATE - scrub my comment about different skins effecting the cpu whilst playback - its totally random. Prehaps before you release a new cut you might want to consider a different svn?

- uncertainty - 2010-03-28

oldpainless Wrote:Prehaps before you release a new cut you might want to consider a different svn?

Scroll up a message or 2...From Blinkseb

"I've already merged to r28891, so it'll fixed in the next build. Thanks for pointing this out "