Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- judgeschambers - 2009-11-28

Nice work! Waiting on the same thing for Boxee.

I'll keep this in mind if I go with XBMC on a Windows machine!

- tiben20 - 2009-11-28

Revision 25096 Big Grin
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/25096

Damn just noticed its not actually working correctly the vsync is working but its not rendering anymore on vista. Its so lame when your trying to develop vista stuff on xp platform never working out like your expecting it to

- WiSo - 2009-11-28

Welcome to the wonderful world of Windows Wink
But anyway good work Nod

- AzzX - 2009-11-28

OSX is no better Smile

Great work tiben20.

The same revision on all platforms with similar hardware and without hardware acceleration, Windows XP and Win7 definitely perform better in terms of CPU usage.

I also use my HTPC for loungeroom gaming so this branch is very exciting.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-28

WiSo Wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of Windows Wink
But anyway good work Nod

You mean welcome to microsoft crappy api world Tongue
If someone ever tryed to code with there directshow api you will find out why many peoples complaining on how complex this is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directshow

- _Pierre_ - 2009-11-28

So how can I try this out ? (Windows 7) Is there an Installer ? Or do I have to download and build from SVN ?

Tnx

- ashlar - 2009-11-28

Tried the latest build you uploaded tiben20. I still have random problems with different mkv files, even those without internal subtitles. Have you added relevant info to the debug log?

Also, I have this HD-DVD backup (Blade Runner Final Cut), where I kept these streams:
VC-1 video track
English FLAC lossless from TrueHD
My native tongue DTS 1.5Mbps from Dolby Digital Plus
Three different DD 2.0 for different commentaries (director, etc.)

DSPlayer plays the file with acceleration for VC-1 (ATI 3850) but audio... it's like all different streams are played together. And if I go to OSD it says there are no audio streams.

- WiSo - 2009-11-28

tiben20 Wrote:You mean welcome to microsoft crappy api world Tongue
If someone ever tryed to code with there directshow api you will find out why many peoples complaining on how complex this is.

Thats the reason I've never looked at it and now I would need a whole bunch of time to get what you're doing. Take your time ...

- tiben20 - 2009-11-28

_Pierre_ Wrote:So how can I try this out ? (Windows 7) Is there an Installer ? Or do I have to download and build from SVN ?

Tnx
Until i get the renderer working nicely i wont post an update so you can build from svn branch it can be compiled out of the box Tongue
WiSo Wrote:Thats the reason I've never looked at it and now I would need a whole bunch of time to get what you're doing. Take your time ...

Yeah time is a big factor in this. There so many stuff involved subtitles ,custom renderers which are really complex, decoders, video syncronisation, vista or xp behaviors, filters overiding configuration, Cant use mfc without modify the entire xbmc structure so *** mfc........

- tiben20 - 2009-11-29

Oh right time for some test.
http://www.easy-share.com/1908563431/XBMCSetup-Rev25104-dx.exe
If you want to feedback on that release ill need some info about your windows platform, video card, type of file your trying to play, some specification on what is not working when you try this type of file. And if your actually playing the file over smb:// or not.
Info about sync is important since im not really using vista and win 7

- fincheresque - 2009-11-29

Vista 32, ~4Gb RAM, ATI 4670, Core 2 Duo 8400 I believe, Asus P5Q-EM

Awesome. Simply awesome. Still no audio-track selection, but beggers can't be choosers, and I imagine that's not near as difficult as the rest to impliment in the future.

VC-1 and h264 accelleration appear to be working. I can't give CPU usage because I'm running the new Handbrake (awesome by the way!) in the background. But I will say that even with Handbrake in the background encoding some DVD's, it still played my 1080p full-bitrate 5.1 FLAC MKV without a hitch.

Oh! Handbrake finished, we're down to 5% CPU usage.

Awesome.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-29

nathanjones Wrote:Vista 32, ~4Gb RAM, ATI 4670, Core 2 Duo 8400 I believe, Asus P5Q-EM

Awesome. Simply awesome. Still no audio-track selection, but beggers can't be choosers, and I imagine that's not near as difficult as the rest to impliment in the future.

VC-1 and h264 accelleration appear to be working. I can't give CPU usage because I'm running the new Handbrake (awesome by the way!) in the background. But I will say that even with Handbrake in the background encoding some DVD's, it still played my 1080p full-bitrate 5.1 FLAC MKV without a hitch.

Oh! Handbrake finished, we're down to 5% CPU usage.

Awesome.

Well my priority is the video rendering on both platform with dxva working. Your gettting any lost of syncro on the video?
For the audio its streams and stuff. It only look like being easy to do. The thing is a i want to do it right Tongue a bit harder. Volume boost to 400% is on my planning. Also i have to see how i will select the audio renderer from selected config...

- fincheresque - 2009-11-29

I didn't see any lipsync issues on my end. Tried a couple VC-1 and h264 rips, things looked about normal. I watched a few minutes, then jumped ahead about 30 or so, everything seemed to line-up OK.

Not concerned about the audio/sub selection, it will come when it comes.

Keep up the great work.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-29

nathanjones Wrote:I didn't see any lipsync issues on my end. Tried a couple VC-1 and h264 rips, things looked about normal. I watched a few minutes, then jumped ahead about 30 or so, everything seemed to line-up OK.

Not concerned about the audio/sub selection, it will come when it comes.

Keep up the great work.

Aight perfect ill see with some more reviews but i really do think the problem is actually the debug mode from visual studio which screw up many stuff beetween directshow and directx. I did have some problems with this on start i wasnt able to render anything in debug mode but only in release mode. It took me a week to figure out it was a simple directx definition that was screwing up everything

- johoja - 2009-11-29

tiben20 Wrote:Well my priority is the video rendering on both platform with dxva working. Your gettting any lost of syncro on the video?
For the audio its streams and stuff. It only look like being easy to do. The thing is a i want to do it right Tongue a bit harder. Volume boost to 400% is on my planning. Also i have to see how i will select the audio renderer from selected config...

Running Windows 7 , x64 , on an ASROCK Ion, DXVA Accel for h.264 seems to be working quite nicely, only using about 6% CPU. No sync issues, and or framedrops that I've noticed.

Did notice that resuming a video from the middle of the video doesn't work, seems to be only start from beginning.

And switching between fullscreen and windowed mode, seems break the video as well.