Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- [email protected] - 2010-03-29

tiben20 Wrote:The vmr9 is back to the 28016 version. It was from far away the best version of it Big Grin

fullscreen in XP works with latest build however there is visible tearing which was not present with 28016 (i installed both builds side by side to ensure it wasn not something in my environment)

- christoofar - 2010-03-29

tiben20 Wrote:The vmr9 is back to the 28016 version. It was from far away the best version of it Big Grin

Working good here (er, I meant build 28016, that is).Nod

- reefer74 - 2010-03-29

There seems to be a bug with 28916 build. XBMC won't see my mapped network drives anymore on windows 7.
All my stuff are on the network drive.
I'm going to downgrade to see if that fixes the issue.
thanks

- blinkseb - 2010-03-29

reefer74 Wrote:There seems to be a bug with 28916 build. XBMC won't see my mapped network drives anymore on windows 7.
All my stuff are on the network drive.
I'm going to downgrade to see if that fixes the issue.
thanks

Once again, nothing to do with dsplayer. We're using an experimental trunk, so it's normal if everything doesn't work. Please stop reporting bugs non related to dsplayer please!

- slk486 - 2010-03-29

uncertainty Wrote:Just upgraded to rev 28917 on Win7 and I'm showing a high cpu load for any type of material including xvid. This occurs using either dsplayer or dvdplayer and its about a 50% jump on my cpu compared to previous releases. I did read others recommended to disable "Allow Programs On This System To Control XBMC" under Network but that had no effect. Can anyone else confirm high cpu usage with 28917 no matter the media type or player?

thanks

Edit: Others confirm the main trunk 28916 is the cause and NOT dsplayer.

I initially had high CPU load (100% and choppy video) with the new build, but turned off the HTTP server as well as "Allow Programs..." and it went away. Now the dsplayer part seems to be working fine.

I'm on Win7 x64.

- oldpainless - 2010-03-29

christoofar Wrote:Wellll..I'm guilty of the same thing..wanting to get back milkdrop:p

Odd..using the 28917 build milkdrop is working under win7 32bit...go figure.

K

slk486 Wrote:I initially had high CPU load (100% and choppy video) with the new build, but turned off the HTTP server as well as "Allow Programs..." and it went away. Now the dsplayer part seems to be working fine.

I'm on Win7 x64.

Odd again. Im on win7 32bit, HTTP server and allow programs are both off, and Im getting high CPU. 1st movie played, low cpu - every movie after that, high cpu untill you reboot.. Not a DSplayer issue (SVN)..but still a pain.

On dsplayer points;

FF not working - let me know if you want a debug log.
With the new build I can also use vmr9 on win7 - on previous builds i got a black screen with audio playing.

What are the pros and cons of vmr9 vs evr?

K

oldpainless Wrote:Odd again. Im on win7 32bit, HTTP server and allow programs are both off, and Im getting high CPU. 1st movie played, low cpu - every movie after that, high cpu untill you reboot.. Not a DSplayer issue (SVN)..but still a pain.

On dsplayer points;

FF not working - let me know if you want a debug log.
With the new build I can also use vmr9 on win7 - on previous builds i got a black screen with audio playing.

What are the pros and cons of vmr9 vs evr?

K

Does vmr9 result in tearing on windows 7? it does in xp on latest build while there was no tearing on 28016.

[email protected] Wrote:Does vmr9 result in tearing on windows 7? it does in xp on latest build while there was no tearing on 28016.

Not that I've noticed....but it seems to have trouble reading the fps

But I guess it's vmr9 for xp and evr win7/vista.

Lastly.......has anyone else noticed that the a/v sync seems slighty off when using auto refresh change?.....I know the official 9.11 buld has issues with a/v sync using auto refresh, but that seems to have been fixed with dvdplater in the latest dsplayer build.

K

oldpainless Wrote:Not that I've noticed....but it seems to have trouble reading the fps

But I guess it's vmr9 for xp and evr win7/vista.

Lastly.......has anyone else noticed that the a/v sync seems slighty off when using auto refresh change?.....I know the official 9.11 buld has issues with a/v sync using auto refresh, but that seems to have been fixed with dvdplater in the latest dsplayer build.

K

Hmmm i see tearing on xp, but i cannot use auto refresh change since my tv only supports 60hz on vga..

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-29

[email protected] Wrote:hi,
everything is working great once again on XP using build 28917, however i have severe tearing - this did not happen with older builds ~(28016) when using full screen (unless fake full screen was selected). now i am using full screen (not fake) and vsync always enabled both from nvidia drivers and in xbmc. If i can provide with any help let me know.

Yes, there has been tearing on the last several releases in WinXP/VMR9 - Tiben has indicated he is working on it. Read on...

[email protected] Wrote:Does vmr9 result in tearing on windows 7? it does in xp on latest build while there was no tearing on 28016.

Ditto...

Thanks Tiben. I assume that will fix the tearing issue on WinXP, and we will all shut up and wait patiently for a new build and stop complaining :-)

Cheers
The REAL Joe

therealjoeblow Wrote:Yes, there has been tearing on the last several releases in WinXP/VMR9 - Tiben has indicated he is working on it. Read on...

Ditto...

Thanks Tiben. I assume that will fix the tearing issue on WinXP, and we will all shut up and wait patiently for a new build and stop complaining :-)

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Ok sorry did not mean to come accross as complaining i thought tiben had already reverted to VMR of 28016 since true full screen is working on last build and wasn't in the previous ones..

[email protected],

My bad - did not see your original post re fake full screen. Im using fake full screen as auto refresh does not work in full screen.

K

- blinkseb - 2010-03-29

[email protected] Wrote:Ok sorry did not mean to come accross as complaining i thought tiben had already reverted to VMR of 28016 since true full screen is working on last build and wasn't in the previous ones..

The VMR is the available build is already reverted to 28016.

- Nitehawk - 2010-03-29

Has something in the programs/scripts architecture changed??
I just did an update to latest version and copied my old programs there.
I then added the folder as program source. But when i browse i see nothing to start... Things like:

Addons Update Checker
Comics
Home Theater Experience
ResumeX
Scratcher
Skins Nightly Builds
Sudoku
SVN Repo Installer

What i am doing wrong??