Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- terranow - 2010-03-30

tiben20 Wrote:Its not in my planning right now working on internal subtitles and for blinkseb i think he is doing the same thing when he get some time.

Tiben what about tearing in XP is this related?

- chunk1982 - 2010-03-30

terranow Wrote:Tiben what about tearing in XP is this related?

huh Huh you just quoted him saying he is working on internal subtitles, so where does tearing in xp come in to subtitlesHuh??
give the geeza a brake, and that goes for everyone! other wise your all going piss them off so bad they just going say fuck it and drop the project

- oldpainless - 2010-03-30

tiben20 Wrote:Its not in my planning right now working on internal subtitles and for blinkseb i think he is doing the same thing when he get some time.

Ok..thanks for the clarification Tiben.

K

- liquidskin76 - 2010-03-30

Just curious... is it possible to compile XBMC/dsplayer using the official 9.11 build and the most recent dsplayer code?

Obviously this would be untested! I'm after this build so i can use the HTTP API instead of the new JSON-RPC.

Cheers

- blinkseb - 2010-03-30

liquidskin76 Wrote:Just curious... is it possible to compile XBMC/dsplayer using the official 9.11 build and the most recent dsplayer code?

Obviously this would be untested! I'm after this build so i can use the HTTP API instead of the new JSON-RPC.

Cheers

Hm, i guess it's possible, but good luck. There's a lot of internal change in order to make dsplayer working Wink

- liquidskin76 - 2010-03-30

liquidskin76 Wrote:Just curious... is it possible to compile XBMC/dsplayer using the official 9.11 build and the most recent dsplayer code?

Cheers

blinkseb Wrote:Hm, i guess it's possible, but good luck. There's a lot of internal change in order to make dsplayer working Wink

Ouch! Think i'll leave that one alone.

Thanks blinkseb

- >>X<< - 2010-03-30

Cheers

As far as I remember Rev28016 in the link on the first page still uses the HTTP API

- tiben20 - 2010-03-30

terranow Wrote:Tiben what about tearing in XP is this related?
Sorry if i dont really understand what do you mean by tearing. Because from here the playback look perfect

- terranow - 2010-03-30

tiben20 Wrote:Sorry if i dont really understand what do you mean by tearing. Because from here the playback look perfect

sorry for bugging you tiben, by tearing I mean like there is no vsync. my system is xp with a nvidia 210 video card , this used to happen only when using fake full screen on older builds. Now on latest build both fake and proper full screen result in tearing.. As a side note my lcd is a 60hz while i'm watching 23.97 fps content

- Chubster - 2010-03-30

christoofar Wrote:this may help you.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer

& this one for setting up ffdshow

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=506464&postcount=2023

Many thanks Chris......Something for the weekend me thinks

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-30

Ok, here's my report on XBMCSetup-Rev28917-dx:

I installed on my 2ndary machine, it's a Dell Vostro 1510 laptop with an integrated Intel Mobile 965 graphics adapter, which does NOT support DXVA, so for this trial, I'm strictly using ffdshow in software decoding mode, with WinXP SP3 (x86). This is the same setup that worked perfectly with 28016 as previously reported. I haven't tried it yet with my main rig (the one with the ATI Radeon HD3200) because I'm reluctant to upgrade to the new version of the database on that machine till I know I have a stable working setup.

Drumroll..... Looking pretty good now!

-All formats I tried load and playback (xvid.avi; x264.mkv, dvd video_ts folders)
-Image quality is very good - I don't see *any* tearing at all on this version

A couple of issues I do note:

-I see periodic single frame green flashes in the image when playing back 720p or 1080p x264, mostly at scene changes - I did NOT update ffdshow with the build that's included in the 28917 installer, because the version I had before worked fine and I didn't want to introduce another potential variable. Not as bad as constant tearing that was in some of the builds between 28016 and now, but still quite distracting - CAN ANYONE ELSE CONFIRM IF THEY SEE THESE WITH FFDSHOW IN SOFTWARE MODE?

and

-XBMC doesn't close now when I hit Alt-F4, the UI disappears, but processor useage stays high and XBMC is still running in Taskmanager and needs to be killed.

-Finally, subtitles no longer work with ffdshow as they did in 28016, but I guess that was to be expected since you're working on a new subtitle system Tiben.

All in all, great strides forward here

Thanks 1x10^6!
The REAL Joe

- prn_star - 2010-03-30

therealjoeblow Wrote:Just a hint to new forum members (and this works for *all* forums, not just xbmc/dsplayer):

Read them BACKWARDS! (ie, start at the newest page, and read back at least 10 pages or more) - that will give you a quick "state of the union" on most current issues. Starting to read from Page 1 and giving up at page 9 in a 200~300 page thread is pointless, all you're reading about is old history that's been long since outdated.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Don't get me wrong I greatly appreciate all the info in here and thank you guys for doing an awesome job but you are using the wrong tool for the job.

A thread that requires 240 pages is obviously being over used. It should have its own sub forum with a sticky FAQ and then threads broken down into sub subjects... ie different build numbers, dsplayer, all the different items that keep over lapping each other here. =)
I wouldn't have brought this up except people get mad when newbies ask questions about this thread. It is almost impossible for someone to walk into this thread and get the info they need from it. I've been following it from the start but go easy on people who are just trying to catch up.
Thanks again.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-03-30

therealjoeblow Wrote:-Image quality is very good - I don't see *any* tearing at all on this version

OOPS - that was premature! To give it a fair trial, and see if the green flashes were a result of sluggish performance, I rebooted my machine since I hadn't done so for about a week. Now I get screen tearing when playing back with 28917 :-( I tried again to be sure, and yes, there's quite a bit of tearing during sideways motion/pans.

I had zipped up my database before the install, and so I just reinstated that, reinstalled 28016 over top of 28917, and presto, back to perfect picture, no tearing or green flashes.

I don't know what it is, but something is still amiss with the VMR9 renderer.

/The REAL Joe

- christoofar - 2010-03-30

prn_star Wrote:Don't get me wrong I greatly appreciate all the info in here and thank you guys for doing an awesome job but you are using the wrong tool for the job.

A thread that requires 240 pages is obviously being over used. It should have its own sub forum with a sticky FAQ and then threads broken down into sub subjects... ie different build numbers, dsplayer, all the different items that keep over lapping each other here. =)
I wouldn't have brought this up except people get mad when newbies ask questions about this thread. It is almost impossible for someone to walk into this thread and get the info they need from it. I've been following it from the start but go easy on people who are just trying to catch up.
Thanks again.

I'd have to disagree with you here. First, there is a sticky FAQ on how to use dsplayer build on the first page of this thread. Splitting this thread off into myriad sub-forums wouldn't add much besides more confusion, due to it's ever changing fixes & updates.
As with any internet forum, there will always be long winded threads and newbies. And if you want to get info, you have to invest some time, like everyone else did in collecting the info that you want.
I think the Real Joe's idea is a perfect one - reading backwards gets you a feel for what is happening most recently for the given subject matter, you can get your feet wet, and find the answers to the redundant questions.
JMHO. (and I'm STILL a newbie) Smile

- Sylus - 2010-03-30

Well all information can be found on the first page which links to the wiki.
If you then read the last 5 pages you can answere 95% of the question by yourself.

prn_star Wrote:Don't get me wrong I greatly appreciate all the info in here and thank you guys for doing an awesome job but you are using the wrong tool for the job.

Thanks again.