Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- hannisen - 2010-03-31

christoofar Wrote:Sorry if I'm a bit thick on this, could you explain how to toggle subs on/off this way?
I've had no luck w/ either separate/embedded subs or both w/ .mkvs

In the OSD menu, there are options for video and audio, and in the audio options there's an option called Enable subtitles. Given that you have configured ffdshow dxva to show subtitles (including setting post processing to surface overlay), you can toggle them on and off here. In the latest build of dsplayer, you have to toggle them off and then back on in order to get working subtitles.

I have also noticed some drifting of the subtitles, which is usually solved by doing the same thing. They don't drift gradually, but rather fall out of sync about 2.5 seconds all of a sudden. I had to switch subtitles off and on again two times while watching Return of the King to keep them synced. Your mileage may vary.

- christoofar - 2010-03-31

hannisen Wrote:In the OSD menu, there are options for video and audio, and in the audio options there's an option called Enable subtitles. Given that you have configured ffdshow dxva to show subtitles (including setting post processing to surface overlay), you can toggle them on and off here. In the latest build of dsplayer, you have to toggle them off and then back on in order to get working subtitles.

I have also noticed some drifting of the subtitles, which is usually solved by doing the same thing. They don't drift gradually, but rather fall out of sync about 2.5 seconds all of a sudden. I had to switch subtitles off and on again two times while watching Return of the King to keep them synced. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks. Btw, what skin do you use?

- furii - 2010-03-31

hannisen Wrote:In the OSD menu, there are options for video and audio, and in the audio options there's an option called Enable subtitles. Given that you have configured ffdshow dxva to show subtitles (including setting post processing to surface overlay), you can toggle them on and off here. In the latest build of dsplayer, you have to toggle them off and then back on in order to get working subtitles.

you can toggle subtitles by hitting T, which is significantly quicker than going into the osd. if you are using a remote you can bind a key to <key>ShowSubtitles</key> in the <FullscreenVideo> section of the keymap.xml.

- christoofar - 2010-03-31

furii Wrote:you can toggle subtitles by hitting T, which is significantly quicker than going into the osd. if you are using a remote you can bind a key to <key>ShowSubtitles</key> in the <FullscreenVideo> section of the keymap.xml.

thanks!

- hannisen - 2010-03-31

furii Wrote:you can toggle subtitles by hitting T, which is significantly quicker than going into the osd. if you are using a remote you can bind a key to <key>ShowSubtitles</key> in the <FullscreenVideo> section of the keymap.xml.

Shortcuts, bah! I'll like to do things as complicated as possible. And, for the record, I'm using Xperience.

- SkItZo - 2010-03-31

Ok, im having a small problem when trying to play Dolby Digital (AC3) 5.1 movies, when trying to watch them, XBMC crashes straight away (crash dump is created as soon as i try to watch a movie)
AAC 5.1 works fine as do all other movies that i watch.
here is a copy of the logfile with debug enabled in XBMC
http://pastebin.com/wU3WjTp6

From what i can gather, things start to go wrong at about M:2290044928
Any help would me MOST appreciated.

Thanks
(Im using windows 7 x64 Latest version of XBMC w/ DSPlayer)

- blinkseb - 2010-04-01

hannisen Wrote:Just thought I'd say that subtitles work if you disable and enabled them from the XBMC menu when the video is playing. Not sure what's causing it, but it works if you do that every time you play something with subtitles.

It's just me who disable subtitles connection on the start when there was some trouble with the VMR on WinXP. Just forgot to make things like there were before Wink

- jok3r - 2010-04-01

Hi,

Does anyone have issues with the computer responding after XBMC wakes up from sleep/hibernate.

I consistently keep on getting the black screen of death (black screen, and pc doesnt respond to anything besides a reboot)

Using Win7 32bit - using build 28917.

Thanks!

- hannisen - 2010-04-01

jok3r Wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have issues with the computer responding after XBMC wakes up from sleep/hibernate.

I consistently keep on getting the black screen of death (black screen, and pc doesnt respond to anything besides a reboot)

Using Win7 32bit - using build 28917.

Thanks!

I do get a black screen, but I have no issues hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL and killing the process. Same build on Win7 64bit.

- SikeMo - 2010-04-01

I occasionally get a black screen, but my wife has an issue with CTRL-ALT-DEL Big Grin

- blinkseb - 2010-04-01

Hi guys! Some great news!

As you know, we're currently working on subtitle without the need of an external filter. Let me tell you things progress well, and here the proof :

(Don't look at the cpu usage, i'm running XBMC in Debug mode, it's normal)

After many many hours of works, internal subtitle rendering works! Of course, there's still many things to do, like style supports, external subtitles, bugs fixes, etc... but it's very encouraging!

If some of you want to try, changes are in the svn, just build dsplayer yourself. There wont be any new release before subtitles' implementation is done.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-04-01

I'm sure that will make a lot of people happy Smile

One question does that mean the style options will be limited to the ones xbmc currently has ?

Just wondered as xbmc lacks border and shadow options not that its a big deal Smile

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-01

Great work mate - going to attempt to build on my own see what else if anything is new. Kudos to you both.

- blinkseb - 2010-04-01

>>X<<' Wrote:I'm sure that will make a lot of people happy Smile

One question does that mean the style options will be limited to the ones xbmc currently has ?

Just wondered as xbmc lacks border and shadow options not that its a big deal Smile

Nothing prevent us to add these option in XBMC Wink There won't be used by dvdplayer. Basically, all mpc subtitles options are available Smile

- Slurrrp - 2010-04-01

great news, but i think border and shadow on subs is a big deal, looks a lot better and more important, makes it much more readable (in light scenes)