Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- >>X<< - 2010-04-01

blinkseb Wrote:Nothing prevent us to add these option in XBMC Wink There won't be used by dvdplayer. Basically, all mpc subtitles options are available Smile

Sounds good to me Smile

- christoofar - 2010-04-01

N me two! Nod

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-01

Quick question - attempting to compile build as suggested by seb - building xbmc trunk OK, but no DSPlayer - do I need a rep url for the branch - Apologies if this is a daft question - way out my depth here - but keen to learn Big Grin

- blinkseb - 2010-04-01

steelman1991 Wrote:Quick question - attempting to compile build as suggested by seb - building xbmc trunk OK, but no DSPlayer - do I need a rep url for the branch - Apologies if this is a daft question - way out my depth here - but keen to learn Big Grin

Use this url to checkout the source : https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/dsplayer
If XBMC trunk builds ok, you shouldn't have any problem to build dsplayer

blinkseb Wrote:Use this url to checkout the source : https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/dsplayer
If XBMC trunk builds ok, you shouldn't have any problem to build dsplayer

Thanks Seb thought I might be missing something - only other problem at the moment concerns missing sdl.dll. WIKI explains to "make sure those are accessible inside your %PATH% environment so the batch will find them." - Any pointers? After this any further questions I will take outside your thread apologies.

- blinkseb - 2010-04-01

steelman1991 Wrote:Thanks Seb thought I might be missing something - only other problem at the moment concerns missing sdl.dll. WIKI explains to "make sure those are accessible inside your %PATH% environment so the batch will find them." - Any pointers? After this any further questions I will take outside your thread apologies.

If you want to run XBMC from inside Visual Studio, you need to copy/paste all dl founds in Win32BuildSetup/dependencies/*.dll to VS2008Express/XBMC/Debug (DirectX)

Make the same thing for the Release folder.

Cheers Seb thanks a lot - I really appreciate all the time both you and Tiben put into these builds. I know I said earlier in the thread that I wanted a more stable environment, well I got one, but I missed the cutting-edge and I guess I'm just a tinkerer at heart. Wink

Keep up the good work.

- shankster - 2010-04-01

blinkseb Wrote:Nothing prevent us to add these option in XBMC Wink There won't be used by dvdplayer. Basically, all mpc subtitles options are available Smile

Hi blinkseb. Does this mean you are somehow using the MPC subtitles renderer?
The reason I ask is because FFDSHOW has issues with vobsub files and not all subs are shown. So right now I am forced to use vsfilter to ensure all subs are viewable, which in turn makes dxva not work.

When you are done with the subtitle implementation, will anything that works in MPC also work in dsplayer?

So would it work for me to use ffdshow filters, but turn off its subtitles and then turn on the dsplayer subs and get it properly working? Rofl

Thanks for an awesome job!

- blinkseb - 2010-04-01

shankster Wrote:Hi blinkseb. Does this mean you are somehow using the MPC subtitles renderer?
The reason I ask is because FFDSHOW has issues with vobsub files and not all subs are shown. So right now I am forced to use vsfilter to ensure all subs are viewable, which in turn makes dxva not work.

When you are done with the subtitle implementation, will anything that works in MPC also work in dsplayer?

So would it work for me to use ffdshow filters, but turn off its subtitles and then turn on the dsplayer subs and get it properly working? Rofl

Thanks for an awesome job!

That's right. We're using the mpc subtitle engine rewritten to be compatible with xbmc. FFDShow for subtitle rendering was just a solution waiting for us to implement subtitles.

But there is a lot of work, but it's great, i've been able to make external subtitles (srt) work! Smile

- shankster - 2010-04-01

blinkseb Wrote:That's right. We're using the mpc subtitle engine rewritten to be compatible with xbmc. FFDShow for subtitle rendering was just a solution waiting for us to implement subtitles.

But there is a lot of work, but it's great, i've been able to make external subtitles (srt) work! Smile

Can't wait! Cool

- furii - 2010-04-01

shankster Wrote:So right now I am forced to use vsfilter to ensure all subs are viewable, which in turn makes dxva not work.

if you have an nvidia card you can use coreavc + vsfilter which will give you dxva decoding.

- oldpainless - 2010-04-01

furii Wrote:if you have an nvidia card you can use coreavc + vsfilter which will give you dxva decoding.

I might be wrong, but I thought that was CUDA?...same result thou....low CPU overhead.Wink

K

- zilexa - 2010-04-01

blinkseb Wrote:That's right. We're using the mpc subtitle engine rewritten to be compatible with xbmc. FFDShow for subtitle rendering was just a solution waiting for us to implement subtitles.

wow, working srt with dxva is all I need Smile

- prn_star - 2010-04-01

I know this is a little off topic but I just want to say:
THANK YOU!!! Thank you everyone who made this work!

I couldn't wait for the next release so I installed the stickyed nightly release and its awesome! FLUID 1080p! Something I never thought i'd see on my asrock ion 330.
I don't want to be too gay but if I could I'd climb the highest mountain and scream "I love XBMC!"

- fincheresque - 2010-04-01

I've always thought of SVN XMBC as a woman. It looks gorgeous, smart as hell, has great features, and I couldn't live without it, but about once a month or so it won't build, goes absolutely crazy, an drives me nuts for 3 days. Smile