Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2010-04-02

steelman1991 Wrote:Thank goodness for that was beginning to think it was me - been trying since last evening to compile a build - was almost driving me insane - will wait for a little while yet. Big Grin
In the last 4 months if we did a commit that wasnt actually building that was a mistake. Like a missing file or something like that. If you have problems building just pastbin your compile error

- oldpainless - 2010-04-02

tiben20 Wrote:I Would also be happy to post a build but from here the subtitles part of the project are making the process crash. I had to remove the loading part of the subtitles in order to do my test. Ill just wait until blinkseb fix those problems and we will post a new build.

Sounds good to me...

K

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-02

tiben20 Wrote:In the last 4 months if we did a commit that wasnt actually building that was a mistake. Like a missing file or something like that. If you have problems building just pastbin your compile error

Do you want me to wait until after Seb has committed the changes mentioned in your previous post or will I do it now, because that has nothing to do with my inability to compile a build at the moment? Thanks

- blinkseb - 2010-04-02

steelman1991 Wrote:Thank goodness for that was beginning to think it was me - been trying since last evening to compile a build - was almost driving me insane - will wait for a little while yet. Big Grin

tiben20 Wrote:In the last 4 months if we did a commit that wasnt actually building that was a mistake. Like a missing file or something like that. If you have problems building just pastbin your compile error

Crash fixed. Wasn't really a crash, but an assert, but it's now fixed. You shoudn't have any problem building the solution.

- blinkseb - 2010-04-02

steelman1991 Wrote:Do you want me to wait until after Seb has committed the changes mentioned in your previous post or will I do it now, because that has nothing to do with my inability to compile a build at the moment? Thanks

You can build if you want Wink We only ask you to not distribute or upload your build. You can test it for you, it's fine, that's what the SVN is for, but don't distribute your build Smile

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-02

blinkseb Wrote:You can build if you want Wink We only ask you to not distribute or upload your build. You can test it for you, it's fine, that's what the SVN is for, but don't distribute your build Smile

Laugh Need to build the damn thing first - don't have the knowledge to redistribute, struggling with sdl.dll missing info when trying to compile when I was successfully creating a build. Glad your not reliant on my testing to prove your builds work Big Grin

- buzzqw - 2010-04-02

tiben20 Wrote:Yeap its more stable and using the same base renderer. This is really long to entirely remove atl mfc without doing any errors. And also converting unicode to multibyte.

Congrats Nod

Very nice and difficult task accomplished !

this will address even the auto refresh playback problem ?

BHH

- blinkseb - 2010-04-02

steelman1991 Wrote:Laugh Need to build the damn thing first - don't have the knowledge to redistribute, struggling with sdl.dll missing info when trying to compile when I was successfully creating a build. Glad your not reliant on my testing to prove your builds work Big Grin

You're confounding running and building Wink Have you any building / compiling error? If you don't, you just need to copy/paste all the DLL in the dependencies folder (/project/Win32BuildSetup/dependencies) to the Debug/Release folder (found in /project/VS2008Express/XBMC/)

After that, you need to set the XBMC_HOME variable like that :
In Visual Studio, go to Project -> Properties of XBMC. On the left, under Configuration properties, select Debug. You need to fill the Environment field with
Code:
XBMC_HOME=<FullPath_of_XBMC_Root_Folder>

The path must be set to the root folder of your xbmc svn checkout. Subfolders must be addons, guilib, screensavers, skin, sounds, ...

Make that for both debug and release, and you're done. For an example, mine looks like that :
Code:
XBMC_HOME=E:\Documents\Prog\DSPlayer\dsplayer

- blinkseb - 2010-04-02

buzzqw Wrote:Congrats Nod

Very nice and difficult task accomplished !

this will address even the auto refresh playback problem ?

BHH

No, it's not directly related. There are still many to do in order to do a fresh D3D Reset. But it's a great step forward!

- terranow - 2010-04-02

Hey Guys, Great work.. I'm trying to compile from source but getting the following error

Compiling...
DirectoryNodeGenre.cpp
Compiling...
DirectoryNode.cpp
Compiling...
DirectoryNodeYear.cpp
Compiling...
md5.cpp
Compiling resources...
Microsoft ® Windows ® Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'subpicRU.lib'

Was building fine a couple off days ago. Out of curiosity will the lastest updates tackle tearing in xp?

- oldpainless - 2010-04-02

Tiben\Seb,

Looking forward to the next build.....might stop seeing all these compile errors then...lol

K

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-04-02

steelman1991 Wrote:Laugh Need to build the damn thing first - don't have the knowledge to redistribute, struggling with sdl.dll missing info when trying to compile when I was successfully creating a build. Glad your not reliant on my testing to prove your builds work Big Grin

As I have only just started compiling my own I can tell you what I did

Installed everything needed to their default locations including NSIS Installer, then run BuildSetup.bat I also got sdl.dll missing in my case this was caused by TexturePacker missing that file along with others its in (/tools/TexturePacker) put sdl.dll in there along with the ones below

http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/release/SDL_image-1.2.10-win32.zip

You should have no problems compiling after that assuming that's your problem

- overbyrn - 2010-04-02

blinkseb Wrote:Crash fixed. Wasn't really a crash, but an assert, but it's now fixed. You shoudn't have any problem building the solution.

Tiben/Seb, may I first say thanks for all your hard efforts on this project. It's very much appreciated.

Been a long-time self builder of the trunk svn but have only just turned to testing out DSPlayer. As a Revo 3610 owner I've been relying on the latest trunk svn's for Elupus's DXVA2 work. Out of curiosity I thought to try DSPlayer and it was definitely worth a couple hrs understanding filters and such!

I know others are also having compile issues at the moment but wasn't sure if the errors I'm seeing are due to ongoing work or if I'm missing something.

Would appreciate it if someone could take a look through my log and give me a steer.

Relevant portion with errors here : http://pastebin.com/izYpLixh

Thanks,
RJ

- blinkseb - 2010-04-02

overbyrn Wrote:Tiben/Seb, may I first say thanks for all your hard efforts on this project. It's very much appreciated.

Been a long-time self builder of the trunk svn but have only just turned to testing out DSPlayer. As a Revo 3610 owner I've been relying on the latest trunk svn's for Elupus's DXVA2 work. Out of curiosity I thought to try DSPlayer and it was definitely worth a couple hrs understanding filters and such!

I know others are also having compile issues at the moment but wasn't sure if the errors I'm seeing are due to ongoing work or if I'm missing something.

Would appreciate it if someone could take a look through my log and give me a steer.

Relevant portion with errors here : http://pastebin.com/izYpLixh

Thanks,
RJ

It's definitly a problem with the link. I've commited the fix, thanks

PS: On my side with a full clean / build, no problem. Please update your svn copy.

PS2: Don't forget this thread is not about compiling dsplayer Wink

- overbyrn - 2010-04-02

blinkseb Wrote:PS: On my side with a full clean / build, no problem. Please update your svn copy.

PS2: Don't forget this thread is not about compiling dsplayer Wink

You're a star, that did the trick. Smile Compile's like a good'un.

Apologies for asking, will be more patient next time.