Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2009-11-29

johoja Wrote:Running Windows 7 , x64 , on an ASROCK Ion, DXVA Accel for h.264 seems to be working quite nicely, only using about 6% CPU. No sync issues, and or framedrops that I've noticed.

Did notice that resuming a video from the middle of the video doesn't work, seems to be only start from beginning.

And switching between fullscreen and windowed mode, seems break the video as well.

Yeah the first one i dont really care about it. The dialog for resuming started to piss me off so i just turned that off Tongue. For the fullscreen to windowed or monitor change during playback its kinda complex to fix will see if i have the time one day

- paco - 2009-11-29

Windows 7 32-bit, C2D 2.66, Nvidia 8500GT 195.62 driver, ASUS P5K-VM, Digital Audio Out AC3 + DTS Passthrough.

99% of local x264 files work. SMB doesn't work. No audio or sync issues. Big Grin

Re: SMB. I looked at my logs and noticed that when using MPC-HC as an external player for the same test file, XBMC re-formats the input string before launching (replaces '/' with '\'). I can submit a log if you like.

The one file that doesn't work is an out of spec x264 (Wallace.and.Gromit.in.The.Curse.of.the.Were-Rabbit.1080p.HDTV.x264.mkv). That file does work with acceleration in external player but it fails using DSPlayer. I can also submit a log.

Overall, excellent work! Your progress is incredible. Keep up the great work!

- hades_2100 - 2009-11-29

paco Wrote:99% of local x264 files work. SMB doesn't work. No audio or sync issues. Big Grin

Re: SMB. I looked at my logs and noticed that when using MPC-HC as an external player for the same test file, XBMC re-formats the input string before launching (replaces '/' with '\'). I can submit a log if you like.

I figured that one out by mapping the network shares to local drive letters. It worked fine afterwards.

Running default configuration Acer Aspire Revo 1600 Win7x64.

----------------------

As a general comment:
- there were no sync issues, excellent!
- The picture seemed to be a bit washed out, as if the contrast is turned too low, i.e. blacks are actually dark grey. Not too serious, but hopefully it's adjustable. Maybe it's the NVidia driver's fault.
- For all the movies I start, the 'SEEK' progress-bar in the lower right hand corner of the screen (the one that comes up when you scan backwards/forwards) does not disappear. It's a bit annoying.

hades

- tiben20 - 2009-11-29

hades_2100 Wrote:I figured that one out by mapping the network shares to local drive letters. It worked fine afterwards.

Running default configuration Acer Aspire Revo 1600 Win7x64.

----------------------

As a general comment:
- there were no sync issues, excellent!
- The picture seemed to be a bit washed out, as if the contrast is turned too low, i.e. blacks are actually dark grey. Not too serious, but hopefully it's adjustable. Maybe it's the NVidia driver's fault.
- For all the movies I start, the 'SEEK' progress-bar in the lower right hand corner of the screen (the one that comes up when you scan backwards/forwards) does not disappear. It's a bit annoying.

hades

Yeah ill look into the seek progress bar.Its not the only problem i have with seeking. Im using my xbox gamepad to navigate in xbmc and im really pushing it at the maximum. The seek sometimes stay on the screen and your not able to seek at all after that.
For the picture the dark grey bar its clearly some d3d stuff if you could just post 2 screen shot to see what is the diff it would be nice

- >>X<< - 2009-11-29

hades_2100 Wrote:- The picture seemed to be a bit washed out, as if the contrast is turned too low, i.e. blacks are actually dark grey. Not too serious, but hopefully it's adjustable. Maybe it's the NVidia driver's fault.

I'm pretty sure this is a 16-235, 0-255 problem you should have a setting in your drivers control panel to select either for video output its probably on the wrong one

- cyradix - 2009-11-29

Not trying it on my ion machine cause that's running Ubuntu for xbmc atm, but on my regular desktop pc it seems to be working.
It's a Q6600 + GF GTX 260 + 8GB RAM + Win 7 64bit. A bit overkill for playing video yes, but using your latest build I see 2-4% CPU usage playing the Star Trek 1080p blu-ray rip so I assume it's decoding via de GPU
While playing it says : H.264 bitstream decoder, no FGT

Great work!! Smile

ISO file support - franky - 2009-11-29

Tiben20 - Great work ! :cool:

Have the Acer 3600 but would like to keep Win7 on it and thus am following your work on a solid version for Win7 very closely.

Question is this - I have my entire library ripped as ISO files. The threads indicate there is no ISO support yet. Is that something you are looking to add sooner rather than later ? Hope sooner but know you are wading thru a lot -

- bilbon0bud - 2009-11-29

Hello
when i play a file with DSplayer i have nothing on screen.
just xbmc saying playing the file.

in the log there an error like this:

06:01:08 T:3064 M:2624942080 NOTICE: Successfully loaded G:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\dsfilterconfig.xml
06:01:08 T:3064 M:2624331776 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter

i m under winXp sp3.

thanx

- tiben20 - 2009-11-29

bilbon0bud Wrote:Hello
when i play a file with DSplayer i have nothing on screen.
just xbmc saying playing the file.

in the log there an error like this:

06:01:08 T:3064 M:2624942080 NOTICE: Successfully loaded G:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\dsfilterconfig.xml
06:01:08 T:3064 M:2624331776 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter

i m under winXp sp3.
-
Type of file. Over smb or not??
franky Wrote:Tiben20 - Great work ! Cool

Have the Acer 3600 but would like to keep Win7 on it and thus am following your work on a solid version for Win7 very closely.

Question is this - I have my entire library ripped as ISO files. The threads indicate there is no ISO support yet. Is that something you are looking to add sooner rather than later ? Hope sooner but know you are wading thru a lot -
Ill figure out how im going to do it. Didnt looked for that yet. As soon as i see the work that has to be done ill tell you if its goign to take some time

and cyradix
Yeah its the same thing for me. My desktop for developing as win xp x64 with 8gb of ram 2 9800gt with sli and a raid with 2 western dig raptor 10k rpm for the os Tongue

- Tainted - 2009-11-29

Anyone running this on Windows 7 with a Intel 4500HD GPU?

- Dannydeman - 2009-11-29

Asrock ION 330
Windows 7 Ultimate

Seems to play all the mkv files I have just fine. When external subtitles are used, the DXVA acceleration breaks down. Internal subtitles are ignored, but that is something you already know Smile

You can have HW acceleration with external subtiles at the moment by using CoreAVC, but that has it's downsides (personally, I don't like the codec).

You are doing an amazing job though, last week it didn't even work in Windows Vista/7 and right now we can actually have a decent playback. I wish English was my native language so I could enjoy it already Sad

- tiben20 - 2009-11-30

Dannydeman Wrote:Asrock ION 330
Windows 7 Ultimate

Seems to play all the mkv files I have just fine. When external subtitles are used, the DXVA acceleration breaks down. Internal subtitles are ignored, but that is something you already know Smile

You can have HW acceleration with external subtiles at the moment by using CoreAVC, but that has it's downsides (personally, I don't like the codec).

You are doing an amazing job though, last week it didn't even work in Windows Vista/7 and right now we can actually have a decent playback. I wish English was my native language so I could enjoy it already Sad

Just to let you know coreavc will never be built-in. This is not freeware

- dpassent - 2009-11-30

and AFAIK CoreAVC is not DXVA codec. It uses CUDA on Nvidia platform to make calculations but it's not the same as DXVA.

- hades_2100 - 2009-11-30

Thank you again for the excellent work. Playback is great on the Aspire REVO.

I'm also setting up another desktop, this with an ATI HD4350 video card. Is this card supported? It does accelerate video, at least according to the specs.

A more serious problem, with DSPlayer, when playing an AVI or HD (MKV/TS/etc) file, DSPlayer crashes the instant I press Enter to start playback. The same movie plays fine (although HD movies stutter) with the original player.

Here are 3 logs I took.
http://pastebin.ca/1693600
http://pastebin.ca/1693611
http://pastebin.ca/1693612

Any ideas?

Thank you,

hades

- mindweaver - 2009-11-30

Nice work. I get playback, and reclock starts Smile

When I press O to get video info it says NOT USING DXVA, has this something to do with ffdshow being installed or something?

My main concern though is that the auto refreshrate changer does not work with DSPlayer. Is that something you have missed or is it intentional?