Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Hammerer - 2010-04-03

oldpainless Wrote:Ok...shame...I'll give it a try in win7 32bit later.

The thing we have to be carefull of when trying to eliminate tearing is that we dont end up with crap PQ - I've seen this with other players; no screen tearing, but not a very sharp picture.

K

Just checked again, no tearing in win 7x64 as above. Using the default dsfilterconfig.xml that came with 28980 and EVR in system\video.

I did flick vsync on and off in Appearance while in true f/s but still got tearing (in case same issue as with subs not being toggled on previous release). Changed to f/s window and no tearing even on long pans in mkvs.

Just tried avi and still no tearing but a bit 'jerky' as locked into 25 fps like you said. Also 25 fps in dvdplayer so probably not dsplayer related. EDIT - auto refresh does work in dvdplayer for avi and mkv so now I do think its dsplayer.

- Hammerer - 2010-04-03

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes Rar's not working in Rev28980 your have to wait for a fix Smile

Thanks, thought it was fixed a while back. I'll keep waiting Nod

- tiben20 - 2010-04-03

Hammerer Wrote:Thanks, thought it was fixed a while back. I'll keep waiting Nod
Damn, its like the 15 times that i have to fix it. Ill leave a message to blinkseb to test it everytime he change something in the graph building

- Hammerer - 2010-04-03

tiben20 Wrote:Damn, its like the 15 times that i have to fix it. Ill leave a message to blinkseb to test it everytime he change something in the graph building

To be clear - do i have to use a different splitter from the filter when it is working? If so what should I use for a mkv? Thanks, long time fan, first time poster Wink

- Livin - 2010-04-03

MKS's not working in Rev28980 - audio only, black screen

other encoding types work.

Also,
I set the dialog that pops up for FFD to always use FFD to decode but now I canno figure out how to 'undo' that setting... Huh

- blinkseb - 2010-04-03

tiben20 Wrote:Damn, its like the 15 times that i have to fix it. Ill leave a message to blinkseb to test it everytime he change something in the graph building

You're the last one who change the graph building when you added dvd support ...

- bananaman - 2010-04-03

I see some people are reporting that cpu is down, but still high here on Rev28980. Default install with ffdshow dxva and audio.

1080p mkv with hd audio is 88-100%, while rev 27937 is 30-42%. Guessing its still due to the xbmc svn. Cant remember with what build the increased cpu started.

win 7 64bit

- Ronny! - 2010-04-03

I've tried this build today for the first time. It works great. Except for some small errors.

Sometimes the audio stops working and I've to restart XBMC.
After 19 minutes the subtitles stop working. If I resume the movie at that time after a restart of XBMC, the subtitles again stop working after 19 minutes (so the 38th minute).
If I select a soundcard in the XBMC settings, DSPlayer doesn't use this one, but the default one that is set in windows.

using windows 7 x64 and Rev28980, default settings (ffdshow)

I'm really appreciating your work. Keep on doing! Good luck and thanks a lot.

- Odar - 2010-04-04

ATI HD 2600 Pro
Catalyst 10.3
Win 7 Ultimate

DXVA in XBMC not working

In MPHC working Wink

- blinkseb - 2010-04-04

Odar Wrote:ATI HD 2600 Pro
Catalyst 10.3
Win 7 Ultimate

DXVA in XBMC not working

In MPHC working Wink

This thread is about dsplayer, and you're using dvdplayer. Please check the wiki if you want to use dsplayer

- Chriscc - 2010-04-04

Hello,

Congrats for the sub support with MPC, but i confirm the issue that the sub disappear after 10-15 min. i also have the same probleme when i use FFdshow so it must be related in my case.

I don't know if it's also link to to the last builde, but i cannot see my program anymore and my script like opensubtitles don't work anymore
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31499

after a clean reinstall of xbmc, it didn't correct the problem, anybody had a similar issue?

Chriscc

- akademiks - 2010-04-04

I'm hoping someone can help me here..

I've been having horrible luck with XBMC on Windows 7 on my Acer Revo..

How does this compare to the xbmc with DXVA2? Which is more stable?

I'm just about sick of my videos freezing..
Tried everything and it still craps out all the time.

- Stennie - 2010-04-04

Hi everyone!

First off, I just wanted to thank tiben and blinkseb and anyone else who has contributed to this version of xbmc. DSPlayer is an amazing project and has made my little Acer Aspire Revo into a bitchin'-awesome HTPC! I really really appreciate all of the work that you guys do!

However, as you probably expected, I have a slight issue that I'm hoping someone can help with. Up until yesterday, everything worked great aside from subtitles on DXVA-accelerated media. I was trying the fix of adding VSFilter+CoreAVC to the mix when suddenly MKVs with embedded subtitles stopped working, even after i reverted the changes.

Long story short, I've uninstalled CCCP, CoreAVC, and XBMC/DSPlayer and reinstalled them from scratch (xbmc version r28980), but these MKVs still freeze. Upon further investigation, it seems to only happen with MKVs in which SSA/ASS subtitles are embedded. If I extract the subs and recompile the MKV without internal subtitles, it plays fine. It also plays fine under DVDPlayer, just not DSPlayer.

Any idea what the issue could be? I'll post a relevant log below:

http://pastebin.com/AsKHfhdt

Google searches revealed this issue cropping up on an old xbmc version with a solution to replace libass with a modified one and/or delete MSVC*90.dll. I tried these, even though they're probably for DVDPlayer, and had no luck. I've tried everything I can think of, and would appreciate any ideas thrown my way.

Thanks, and again, I really love the work you guys are doing! Big Grin

- tiben20 - 2010-04-04

Chriscc Wrote:Hello,

Congrats for the sub support with MPC, but i confirm the issue that the sub disappear after 10-15 min. i also have the same probleme when i use FFdshow so it must be related in my case.

I don't know if it's also link to to the last builde, but i cannot see my program anymore and my script like opensubtitles don't work anymore
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31499

after a clean reinstall of xbmc, it didn't correct the problem, anybody had a similar issue?

Chriscc
A simple reason, dsplayer is like the xbmc trunk, only scrapers and viz is working, every scripts and plugins are broken. So only time would fix the problem.

For all the others stop reporting bugs when the bug as recently been posted. There so many post to read im lost when i dont look the thread for like 1 day.

- oldpainless - 2010-04-04

bananaman Wrote:I see some people are reporting that cpu is down, but still high here on Rev28980. Default install with ffdshow dxva and audio.

1080p mkv with hd audio is 88-100%, while rev 27937 is 30-42%. Guessing its still due to the xbmc svn. Cant remember with what build the increased cpu started.

win 7 64bit

It's totally random (well, seems that way)....if I start a film, and have high cpu, I stop-start-stop-start untill cpu is normal. I think you might be right - I'm 90% sure this is a trunk issue, however, dvdplayer always operates with low CPU....so, it MIGHT be a dsplayer problem. Also, dsplayer can take upto 10-50 seconds to start the movie - dvdplayer starts playback in about 1 second.

Tiben- I get screen tearing in true fullscreen, but not fake full screen (as already mentioned)...and given how amazing the PQ is with your new renderers, I hope you dont throw the baby out with the bath water (as they say in blighty!)..lol. Nod

Someone also mentioned about certain types of enbedded subs (if you need a sample - let us know)...and Seb knows about the refresh rate issue.

So, a few bugs to iron out - but looking pretty damn good!! Big Grin

K