Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- gulp - 2010-04-05

tiben20 Wrote:If you dont use other filters incorporated into ffdshow. You can just switch back to mpcvideodec. With the pixel resizers you can a really clean image too

Mpcvideocodec uses DXVA acceleration or i have to use (in dsfilterconfig.xml) the mpcvideodec for SD content, and ffdvideodxvadec for HD ones?

- >>X<< - 2010-04-05

tiben20 Wrote:well if you want to change it
RendererSettings.cpp
line 41 just change the value is currently set to Bicubic A=-60 (PS 2.0).
There no way right now to modify this value without changing the code

No I don't want to change it I misunderstood how it was working

tiben20 Wrote:Found the rar problem http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/29030

Thanks Smile

- blinkseb - 2010-04-05

gulp Wrote:Mpcvideocodec uses DXVA acceleration or i have to use (in dsfilterconfig.xml) the mpcvideodec for SD content, and ffdvideodxvadec for HD ones?

mpcvideodec supports DXVA. Or, better, you can try it and see by yourself!

LyndonW Wrote:Woops, never mind, ignore all that. Didn't realize I also had to install Haali Media Splitter to get DSPlayer to work. Shouldn't that be included in the installation?

And what else? CoreAVC, Haali, ffdshow, ac3filter? No, just edit the dsfilterconfig.xml to choose which filters you want to use.

By the way, since we don't depend on ffdshow anymore for rendering subtitles, I think we can probably get rid of ffdshow setup in the xbmc installer.

oldpainless Wrote:Seb,

Thanks for an honest response...I have tons for respect for honesty.

If there is anything I can do to help - give me a shout Nod

K

UPDATE - is there any way some of your code could have effected dvdplayer in this build?...dvdplayer seems to be having some of the same isssues as dsplayer....if not must be a truck issue...might pay to double check thou.

We change absolutly nothing in dvdplayer, but maybe some internal changes have broke it. What are the issues you're having?

I would like to remind everybody that this thread ISN'T a support thread. DSPlayer is still in developement. We provide build in order to have some feedback for experienced users who take the time to understand how things works, and not complain as soon as something doesn't work. So, I still need to think about it, but I may delete every posts which are not constructive. By that, I mean every posts like "It doesn't work, please help me".

I ask everybody to read the wiki, and at least understand how the dsfilterconfig.xml file works. If you don't understand, don't even ask for support, no answers will be give.

It's became impossible to know what is really an issue. Thanks for your understanding Wink

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-06

blinkseb Wrote:It's using DVDPlayer default one, not sure it was designed to be in pt first Laugh I think it's not a really big deal Wink

No your right mate it isn't a big deal, just letting others know that it existed. Hope you had a nice time with the family.

On the subject of support thread - I tend to agree with your summary, but perhaps its gone beyond what you and Tiben perhaps had in mind at the start. Unless you are prepared to be quite ruthless with your chopper, then the only other solution might be to have a small team of dedicated testers to have access to the builds prior to a more general release. At that point it could develop into a support thread - just a thought.

- TerranQ - 2010-04-06

Could I make a suggestion regarding the "please help!" posts in this thread?

Start a new thread, titled-"DSPlayer help" or something similar. Tiben and seb, ignore that thread completely. Use the existing thread for build announcements, changelogs, tips and tricks, etc. If anyone needs help with the unsupported, Alpha software, they can post in the "DSPlayer help" thread, and hopefully someone can help them out, or they can find the solution themselves in previous posts.

I don't like the idea of being locked out of playing around with DSplayer builds because some people are unable to read instructions or open an xml, so the idea of having a "beta team" that tests out builds doesn't appeal to me.

Just a thought, and keep up the good work guys!

- tiben20 - 2010-04-06

>>X<<' Wrote:No I don't want to change it I misunderstood how it was working

Thanks Smile
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/29030 and now here we go for the video dialogs

- christoofar - 2010-04-06

TerranQ Wrote:Could I make a suggestion regarding the "please help!" posts in this thread?

Start a new thread, titled-"DSPlayer help" or something similar. Tiben and seb, ignore that thread completely. Use the existing thread for build announcements, changelogs, tips and tricks, etc. If anyone needs help with the unsupported, Alpha software, they can post in the "DSPlayer help" thread, and hopefully someone can help them out, or they can find the solution themselves in previous posts.

I don't like the idea of being locked out of playing around with DSplayer builds because some people are unable to read instructions or open an xml, so the idea of having a "beta team" that tests out builds doesn't appeal to me.

Just a thought, and keep up the good work guys!

I'm curous...how are you being "locked out" of trying various dsplayer builds?
And since Tiben & Seb ARE the devs on this branch , who else would you have us bounce feedback to? And if dsplayer
shows different issues between builds, who better would know how to fix it? Rolleyes

christoofar Wrote:I'm curous...how are you being "locked out" of trying various dsplayer builds?
And since Tiben & Seb ARE the devs on this branch , who else would you have us bounce feedback to? And if dsplayer
shows different issues between builds, who better would know how to fix it? Rolleyes

Christoofar - I think he might be referring to my suggestion of a number of 'testers' being used prior to release of builds - but I wasn't of the opinon that this be closed between alpha releases, just that a small number receive the new build a few days before general release. I wasn't for a minute suggesting that the builds be 'closed' to anyone.

Its Seb/Tibens call and I'm sure they will do what's right for them - not the rest of us.

- TerranQ - 2010-04-06

christoofar Wrote:I'm curous...how are you being "locked out" of trying various dsplayer builds?

steelman1991 Wrote:Christoofar - I think he might be referring to my suggestion of a number of 'testers' being used prior to release of builds - but I wasn't of the opinon that this be closed between alpha releases, just that a small number receive the new build a few days before general release. I wasn't for a minute suggesting that the builds be 'closed' to anyone.

Its Seb/Tibens call and I'm sure they will do what's right for them - not the rest of us.
Context is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Should I roll my eyes at you as well Christoofar?

- christoofar - 2010-04-06

steelman1991 Wrote:I wasn't for a minute suggesting that the builds be 'closed' to anyone.

Yes, of course you weren't.
But I didn't write this:

"I don't like the idea of being locked out of playing around with DSplayer builds because some people are unable to read instructions or open an xml, so the idea of having a "beta team" that tests out builds doesn't appeal to me."

Seemed pretty "contextually" clear to me (what you had meant all along) Big Grin

Anyways...back to testing this new build.

- LyndonW - 2010-04-06

blinkseb: Sorry, I thought that installing this version of XBMC should automatically start with DSPlayer in working condition (without needing to edit the filters). The built in filters pointed to haali (<rule filetypes="mkv"><source filter="haali" />) which confuses me as on the first post it says:

Quote:Currently the codecs are already coming with the installation so you dont need to modify anything you only right click on your video and start the file thats all.

Is it just something wrong with my setup that is making mkv's not play ootb or is that actually how it's supposed to be?

On a side note, the build released today (29028) is working very good except for the default subtitle size being too large, and the fact that it took me a few minutes to figure out why it wouldnt run mkv's for me Smile

Oh, another note, using a secondary audio device to output the audio is also still not working. It was mentioned on an earlier post in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61355&highlight=audio%20output&page=232
Any way I can help with this let me know.

- tiben20 - 2010-04-06

christoofar Wrote:Yes, of course you weren't.
But I didn't write this:

"I don't like the idea of being locked out of playing around with DSplayer builds because some people are unable to read instructions or open an xml, so the idea of having a "beta team" that tests out builds doesn't appeal to me."

Seemed pretty "contextually" clear to me (what you had meant all along) Big Grin

Anyways...back to testing this new build.
I totally disagree with the concept of closed beta like boxee did for their beta this christmas. Thats just lame for people who loves following development of big project like this one. Its just not nice when people are too lazy to read.

- hsinchu308 - 2010-04-06

Just tried Rev 29028. I have a problem activating subtitle in DSPlayer: For mkvs with English audio and English subtitle only, could not see subtitle no matter what (toggle or cycle subtitle with keyboard or onscreen menu), but if I have other subtitle language in the mkv, like Chinese, then cycling subtitle using the keyboard will work. DVDPlayer does not have this problem. In the Haali Media Splitter properties I've set "Match subtitle track name to audio" to No, but the problem is still there. What am I doing wrong?

Clean XBMC install, including removing all user data prior.
Setup: Windows XP 32bit SP3, DXVA using ffdshow, Nvidia 8400GS w/ 196.21 driver.

blinkseb Wrote:And what else? CoreAVC, Haali, ffdshow, ac3filter? No, just edit the dsfilterconfig.xml to choose which filters you want to use.

By the way, since we don't depend on ffdshow anymore for rendering subtitles, I think we can probably get rid of ffdshow setup in the xbmc installer.

Having a second look at this, you might want to cut LyndonW and others some slack on this issue. What has been asked is a perfectly reasonable question, given that the current build ships with Haali as the source filter in the default mkv rule. This has the obvious effect of not allowing out of the box use unless the user has Haali installed. Perhaps a quick change to the build, or a footnote to advise the position might be in order and might just help those with the question "It doesn't work, please help me". That's what happens when you make sweeping statements, something always comes back to bite you on the a..e Laugh

hsinchu308 Wrote:Just tried Rev 29028. I have a problem activating subtitle in DSPlayer: For mkvs with English audio and English subtitle only, could not see subtitle no matter what (toggle or cycle subtitle with keyboard or onscreen menu), but if I have other subtitle language in the mkv, like Chinese, then cycling subtitle using the keyboard will work. DVDPlayer does not have this problem. In the Haali Media Splitter properties I've set "Match subtitle track name to audio" to No, but the problem is still there. What am I doing wrong?

Clean XBMC install, including removing all user data prior.
Setup: Windows XP 32bit SP3, DXVA using ffdshow, Nvidia 8400GS w/ 196.21 driver.

Agreed can't get subtitles to work with Haali either, try changing your source to "MKVSource" along with "MKVSplitter" and they should work OK.

- oldpainless - 2010-04-06

blinkseb Wrote:We change absolutly nothing in dvdplayer, but maybe some internal changes have broke it. What are the issues you're having?

My bad - must have been one too many beers - no issue with dvdplayer Oo

Did some more testing. Fake full screen used. As you know, auto refresh is still not reading the fps of the file, and is forcing 50hz. But, something else I have noticed, is that the further away from 50hz the display is set increases the a/v sync and juddery playback issue.

So, if I set my display at 50hz, play a 24hz file - its in sync and no judder (apart from the normal pulldown). But, if I set my display at 23.97, the a/v is way out of sync and the picture judders.

However, if I use auto refresh, as I said above, it sets the display at 50hz, but the frames per second are all over the place - anywhere from 22fps upto 26fps when playing a 23.97 file.

So, looks like issues/conflicts with reading fps, that is somehow made worse when using auto refresh?

Does this make sense - do you understand what I mean?

Hope it helps. Let me know if you need another debug (although I did post one re this issue).

K