Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- zilexa - 2010-04-06

Perhaps an idea to update the wiki with the latest dsfilterconfig.xml and update some other parts so it is clear to non-advanced users that DSplayer is using mpcvideodec now by default. Just to prevent questions (like mine Tongue) in this topic.

- macmel - 2010-04-06

zilexa Wrote:Perhaps an idea to update the wiki with the latest dsfilterconfig.xml and update some other parts so it is clear to non-advanced users that DSplayer is using mpcvideodec now by default. Just to prevent questions (like mine Tongue) in this topic.

Is it or it is haali? Quite confusing :confused2:

- macmel - 2010-04-06

oldpainless Wrote:Well, that's fantastic news for everyone...well done! Nod

K

Everyone's here are really quick Laugh Will be watching for a new release..Nerd

- oldpainless - 2010-04-06

macmel Wrote:Is it or it is haali? Quite confusing :confused2:

?....mpc is a video codec - haali is a splitter....very different things.....where is the confusion?...we might be able to help.

K

- blinkseb - 2010-04-06

macmel Wrote:Is it or it is haali? Quite confusing :confused2:

zilexa Wrote:Perhaps an idea to update the wiki with the latest dsfilterconfig.xml and update some other parts so it is clear to non-advanced users that DSplayer is using mpcvideodec now by default. Just to prevent questions (like mine Tongue) in this topic.

No, no, no, no and no! By default, dsfilterconfig.xml is setup to use mkvsource, ffdshow audio & video, not haali or mpcvideodec. If your file is setup diffrently, that's because
  • You've edited it
  • Tiben or I have made some tests and forget to revert it back

By the way, I've fixed the crash when using mkv with ass/ssa embedded Smile

- zilexa - 2010-04-06

woops sorry my mistake, I indeed modified mine to use mpcvideodec, since you suggested I do that Tongue

zilexa Wrote:woops sorry my mistake, I indeed modified mine to use mpcvideodec, since you suggested I do that Tongue

Sigh!......at the moment, dsplayer uses various configs, depending on the build, or the development cycle. The project is almost a living thing at the moment - always changing; but the basics consist of a bunch of rules for different formats; a video, audio and a splitter codec config - its not that hard to get your head around.

And yes, mistakes will happen - thats the nature of being "bleeding edge" is it not?

K

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-06

oldpainless Wrote:Sigh!......at the moment, dsplayer using various configs, depending on the build, or the development cycle. The project is almost a living thing at the moment - always changing; but the basics consist of a bunch of rules for different formats; a video, audio and a splitter codec config - its not that hard to get your head around.

And yes, mistakes will happen - thats the nature of being "bleeding edge" is it not?

K
Unfortunately where you generate maximum exposure to something as Seb/Tiben have, you create all sorts of questions of this type - you are right though of course about it being a living thing, though perhaps a little more patience with the lesser experienced users might not go amiss - I count myself in that critic as well Wink

- speedklz - 2010-04-06

I have tried to get this going with out sucess. When I install the latest version and make the changes to the advancedsettings file. I still have to right click then choose dsplayer, it wont default.

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-06

speedklz Wrote:I have tried to get this going with out sucess. When I install the latest version and make the changes to the advancedsettings file. I still have to right click then choose dsplayer, it wont default.

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Save in Notepad to a .xml file, then make sure you place in the correct place:-

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata.

steelman1991 Wrote:Unfortunately where you generate maximum exposure to something as Seb/Tiben have, you create all sorts of questions of this type - you are right though of course about it being a living thing, though perhaps a little more patience with the lesser experienced users might not go amiss - I count myself in that critic as well Wink

You may have misunderstood where I was coming from (either that or I was being too subtile)...re-read the post I responded to, and the link it refered to.

Anyways...Tiben\Seb - lookiing forward to the next build guys.

K

- hsinchu308 - 2010-04-06

With some more testing of Rev29028, here are 2 more items of note:

1. With subtitles on, using ffdshow DXVA, I sometimes see stuttering when the subtitles appear on the screen. If I toggle the subtitle off, then no stuttering. (I had a similar problem with MPC-HC, but it went away after I set the subtitle resolution to 800x600, instead of Desktop, which is 1920x1200).

2. With DXVA on using ffdshow, cpu usage is about 10%-15% for mkvs that contains subtitles, but 40%-50% for mkvs that do not contain subtitles.

Nonetheless, the subtitles look beautiful, with borders and shadows.

PS. I think this is already mentioned in previous post, but VSYNC is not working for me.

Setup: Windows XP, Nvidia 8400GS PCI, P4 3.0G.

- speedklz - 2010-04-06

steelman1991 Wrote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Save in Notepad to a .xml file, then make sure you place in the correct place:-

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Userdata.

I dont have this path. the closest I can see it c:\doc and settings\user\apdata\xbmc\userdata

- blinkseb - 2010-04-06

speedklz Wrote:I dont have this path. the closest I can see it c:\doc and settings\user\apdata\xbmc\userdata

That's it.

hsinchu308 Wrote:With some more testing of Rev29028, here are 2 more items of note:

1. With subtitles on, using ffdshow DXVA, I sometimes see stuttering when the subtitles appear on the screen. If I toggle the subtitle off, then no stuttering. (I had a similar problem with MPC-HC, but it went away after I set the subtitle resolution to 800x600, instead of Desktop, which is 1920x1200).

2. With DXVA on using ffdshow, cpu usage is about 10%-15% for mkvs that contains subtitles, but 40%-50% for mkvs that do not contain subtitles.

Nonetheless, the subtitles look beautiful, with borders and shadows.

PS. I think this is already mentioned in previous post, but VSYNC is not working for me.

Setup: Windows XP, Nvidia 8400GS PCI, P4 3.0G.

Actually, subtitle resolution are set on desktop size, maybe i'll need to set an option to set that.

- speedklz - 2010-04-06

I checked the log file it reads the advanesetting file then it states the defaultdvdplayer is dvdplayer.