Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- blinkseb - 2010-04-06

furii Wrote:this has actually been posted about before so you're not the only one. not sure if this has been fixed or not, seb did a lot of work on the subtitles over the last few days. it would help to know what build you're using.

I was actually testing it right now. I still have subtitle after 30min of playing, so I guess it's fixed, but not sure Wink

- sergiocos - 2010-04-06

the latest build, of course (r29028). I'm following this thread, however, somehow I thought this was fixed in the latest build (i noticed users complaining about only for previous build). I'll wait, I know they have a lot to do lately... Just wanted to know if others are having the same issue.

Thanks, blinkseb for the reply. You're using a higher version than r29028, I guess.. Smile

- oldpainless - 2010-04-06

therealjoeblow Wrote:Just a quick update and commentary - on my 'test' rig (the Dell Laptop with the integrated Intel 965 video, WinXP x86 SP3), I'm still seeing horrible tearing with r29028. As in the past, a simple reinstall of 28016 over the xbmc install, and a restore of my database from a pre-update backup reinstates perfect playback, with perfect sharp picture and no tearing whatsoever.

I know there was a bit more discussion from Tiben on tearing and potential options to fix it a few pages back, but as yet, nothing has improved since it went south after 28016, every build since then uas been unusable for me on XP with the onboard graphics.

I'm not posting a log since you won't see anything in it, you have to see the screen itself to see how bad the tearing is.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Thanks for the update........Big Grin

K

- furii - 2010-04-06

sergiocos Wrote:the latest build, of course (r29028). I'm following this thread, however, somehow I thought this was fixed in the latest build (i noticed users complaining about only for previous build). I'll wait, I know they have a lot to do lately... Just wanted to know if others are having the same issue.

Thanks, blinkseb for the reply. You're using a higher version than r29028, I guess.. Smile

yea, that's from the 4th of april. i highly suggest people keep track of the, erm, trac. so they can know what's been fixed/changed from the last posted build.

xbmc trac
seb's trac changes
tiben's trac changes

- LyndonW - 2010-04-06

blinkseb Wrote:For the second audio output, I only have one sound card, so it's hard to test, but it's on my todo list since a while Wink

I was just having a look at the debug log with the soundcard issue. Thought this seemed relevant (although I don't know anything about coding!)

Code:
14:16:41 T:1204 M:1100382208   DEBUG: Found DirectShow device "Computer (Realtek AC'97 Audio)" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
14:16:41 T:1204 M:1100382208   DEBUG: Found DirectShow device "Default WaveOut Device" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})
14:16:41 T:1204 M:1100382208   DEBUG: Found DirectShow device "TV (Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM))" (guid: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066})

14:16:41 T:1204 M:1100382208   DEBUG: Found DirectShow device "Default DirectSound Device" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
14:16:41 T:1204 M:1100382208   DEBUG: Found DirectShow device "DirectSound: Computer (Realtek AC'97 Audio)" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})
14:16:41 T:1204 M:1100382208   DEBUG: Found DirectShow device "DirectSound: TV (Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM))" (guid: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767})

Note that I grouped the GUID's that were the same together. Each sound card is showing the same guid. Dunno if it tells you anything, but I can do any test you'd like to help you out with that issue when you do get around to it.

Also don't know if its relevant but in the windows registry the GUID's are the same for both Directsound: Computer and Directsound: TV but they each have a unique DSGUID value that other programs seem to be referring to when I set the default sound from within the program to Directsound: TV.

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-06

Seb/Tiben - just thought I would chime in with some positive feedback. Just spent this evening watching rather than testing - carried out a full/fresh Win7 x86 build this afternoon and after tweaking my config files I now have a fully functional video player. Nod

If I might say so I doubt there is a better one anywhere. My specs are:-

Build rev29028
Win7 x86
2GB Ram
Phenom 9650 Quad Core
ATI HD4670
Pioneer 5090 Plasma

From this I get:-
  • Smooth as silk mkv playback - full BluRay rips (all flavours VC1, AVC and MPEG) and encodes (again all flavours)
  • Fully functioning subtitle support (only need it for non-english speaking parts, therefore it hasn't really been stretched as some others, in that there are reports of failure after a specific period)
  • Full FLAC/WASAPI playback using ReClock and madFlac

What I think happened over the past few days was that with all the changes etc I had made, both to the config and various builds, my system had somehow got into a bit of a mess. Drastic I know to carry out a completely fresh install, but I was about to upgrade and this gave me the impetus to make the change.

So far absoultely delighted, now if only I could settle for what I have and be happy with it, but as my wife says, it'll be OK for a few days then we'll be back on the rollercoaster again.

Absolutely fabulous work by the both of you and I only wish everyone could get to this stage and enjoy the playback pleasure I have. Big Grin

Anyway amongst the bug reports and debug logs I thought you might like to hear of a success story, which hopefully will drive you both on to even more success. Unfortunately I can't find a smilie of smug satisfaction, this one will have to do Cool

- blinkseb - 2010-04-06

steelman1991 Wrote:Seb/Tiben - just thought I would chime in with some positive feedback. Just spent this evening watching rather than testing - carried out a full/fresh Win7 x86 build this afternoon and after tweaking my config files I now have a fully functional video player. Nod

If I might say so I doubt there is a better one anywhere. My specs are:-

Build rev29028
Win7 x86
2GB Ram
Phenom 9650 Quad Core
ATI HD4670
Pioneer 5090 Plasma

From this I get:-
  • Smooth as silk mkv playback - full BluRay rips (all flavours VC1, AVC and MPEG) and encodes (again all flavours)
  • Fully functioning subtitle support (only need it for non-english speaking parts, therefore it hasn't really been stretched as some others, in that there are reports of failure after a specific period)
  • Full FLAC/WASAPI playback using ReClock and madFlac

What I think happened over the past few days was that with all the changes etc I had made, both to the config and various builds, my system had somehow got into a bit of a mess. Drastic I know to carry out a completely fresh install, but I was about to upgrade and this gave me the impetus to make the change.

So far absoultely delighted, now if only I could settle for what I have and be happy with it, but as my wife says, it'll be OK for a few days then we'll be back on the rollercoaster again.

Absolutely fabulous work by the both of you and I only wish everyone could get to this stage and enjoy the playback pleasure I have. Big Grin

Anyway amongst the bug reports and debug logs I thought you might like to hear of a success story, which hopefully will drive you both on to even more success. Unfortunately I can't find a smilie of smug satisfaction, this one will have to do Cool

Yeah thanks for the feedback! It very great to hear it works for someone Nod Glad to make someone happyBig Grin

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-06

blinkseb Wrote:Yeah thanks for the feedback! It very great to hear it works for someone Nod Glad to make someone happyBig Grin

Meant to add that it all comes with SINGLE figure cpu load.

- LyndonW - 2010-04-07

blinkseb Wrote:Yeah thanks for the feedback! It very great to hear it works for someone Nod Glad to make someone happyBig Grin

I love the ability to have more control over advanced settings for my audio and video. This build is almost working perfectly for me, other than the default audio device, but I might just setup a script to change my default device when XBMC loads just so I can use this one in the meantime! I've been needing normalizing for my audio, it's been my only problem with my setup, and this allows me to fix it!

Thanks for all your guys work. Muchly appreciated!

- oldpainless - 2010-04-07

steelman1991 Wrote:Seb/Tiben - just thought I would chime in with some positive feedback. Just spent this evening watching rather than testing - carried out a full/fresh Win7 x86 build this afternoon and after tweaking my config files I now have a fully functional video player. Nod

If I might say so I doubt there is a better one anywhere

+1 - as they say, "Carlsberg don't make media centers....but if they did, if would be XBMC DSplayer"....NodNodNod

If you think about how far DSplayer has come in such a short time - amazing! Last few bugs to iron out...heaven is not far away now.

K

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-07

oldpainless Wrote:+1 - as they say, "Carlsberg don't make media centers....but if they did, if would be XBMC DSplayer"....NodNodNod

If you think about how far DSplayer has come in such a short time - amazing! Last few bugs to iron out...heaven is not far away now.

K

LOL - was going to use that, but didn't think anyone outside our own little world would grasp the meaning Painless. Laugh

- liquidskin76 - 2010-04-07

How about "Carlsberg don't make software devs... but if they did, it would be tiben and seb"! Big Grin

- oldpainless - 2010-04-07

liquidskin76 Wrote:How about "Carlsberg don't make software devs... but if they did, it would be tiben and seb"! Big Grin

lol..LaughLaugh

There you go Tiben\Seb - looks like you have a lot of people that like your work! Nod

K

Scrapers "movieplayer.it" - Ector73 - 2010-04-07

Hello everyone, I'm an Italian user. Sorry in advance for the bad English.

I installed the latest release "r29028" and I noticed that I no longer have available the scraper italians as: movieplayer.it, filmup.it.
I see that you can use "only" those in the folder "ADD-ON", but among them there are no Italians scraper.

Now I ask you:
1) it's possible to add "movieplayer.it" in the add-on? or alternatively
2) it's possible disable the scraper in "addon" and use those in the folder ".. XBMC \ system \ scrapers / video "Huh?

Thanks a lot

- blinkseb - 2010-04-07

Ector73 Wrote:Hello everyone, I'm an Italian user. Sorry in advance for the bad English.

I installed the latest release "r29028" and I noticed that I no longer have available the scraper italians as: movieplayer.it, filmup.it.
I see that you can use "only" those in the folder "ADD-ON", but among them there are no Italians scraper.

Now I ask you:
1) it's possible to add "movieplayer.it" in the add-on? or alternatively
2) it's possible disable the scraper in "addon" and use those in the folder ".. XBMC \ system \ scrapers / video "Huh?

Thanks a lot

For the last time, this has NOTHING to do with dsplayer. The XBMC core has a lot of change, give him some time, and everything will be back to normal.